Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-14, 12:00 PM  
bubbles76

Amy Bento Modified Drop Set Rotation

I've been inspired by the steady state thread to go back to some fun workouts What do you think of this rotation:

Amy Bento Drop Set Rotation:

Monday: Warm-Up, Chest, Back, Core – minus Legs and Stretch = 32 minutes
Tuesday: Fun step! Maybe ASC 1, 3, 4, or 5 (sticking to the practically virgins)
Wednesday: Warm-Up,, Biceps, Triceps, Core = 32 minutes
Thursday: Fun Hi/lo or Kickbox!
Friday: Warm-Up, Legs, Shoulders, Core = 42:54 minutes
Saturday: Bootcamp or Hiit or Metabolic- Maybe A Team Bootcamp or Breathless Body or something by Cathe.
Sunday: Yoga or something fusiony

As always the goal is to tone up, get stronger, and increase endurance. Do you think this rotation will help, while still having fun? Any ideas for cardio that will round it out, make it fun, and increase endurance?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 12:18 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It look like a great rotation. If I remember correctly, the core section is really challenging in this one, so you may want to do a different core workout on the second and third core day. Also your legs may be fried after leg day, so you might want to do an easier workout the following day.

Of course, you may be in better shape than I am and not need to make these modifications.
Old 08-07-14, 12:53 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Jane! I am really looking forward to doing this rotation soon. As much as I like my HIIT workouts, besides Amy Dixon and Cathe, they are lacking the fun factor. I want to return to some fun, but still make my strength gains.

Oh, my lower body is getting stronger, but not quite where I want it. I would love to have a lower body like Sharaz's, but until that time I am working on it the best I can without a spotter. I may switch my Saturday and Sunday workouts. Thanks for the tip!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy bento, amy bento rotation, drop set, drop set strength, drop sets, dropset