Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-13, 09:57 AM  
bex

I plunged and ordered the 7 DVDs. (I still have the original reebok slide). But since I live in Shanghai, I probably won't get my hands on them and have time to try them out until after new year.

Anyone else?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 12:30 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
But, it seems like you can't "fold" it, isn't? I think I saw a few ones (pictures) while googling yesterday, and they were folded.

ETA: I meant "rollable."
The new one I found at my Mom's was rolled, I heard of people attempting to buy them off of EBay, but most had creases or the bumpers were fray or loose, It hard to find a old one in good condition..For the price mention in the up-thread I'll buy it new instead.but it looks like they're making a come back. I'm just so excited that they're DVDS finally out for slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Hi bee1 - you are killing me here!!! Slim Slide with Kim Alexis was my first workout VHS ever and I probably did the slide everyday for three years before Firm Vol. 1!

This looks great - especially the Dash gym! I am going to be in Salt Lake next week, I wish I wasn't traveling with co-workers, otherwise I'd try and go take a class and check out the slide boards! LOL

Who is going to break down and try it out!?!
I'm going to order some downloads and maybe some DVDs just need to figure out which ones..too bad they're not more clips of the actual workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I plunged and ordered the 7 DVDs. (I still have the original reebok slide). But since I live in Shanghai, I probably won't get my hands on them and have time to try them out until after new year.

Anyone else?
I am, think I'm going to order some downloads 1st..I've been doing So much Zuzka workout, now I want to try a rotation of non-impact with the same amount of intensity as Z's workouts..I know it doesn't look like it but you can get it with the slide
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 12:48 PM  
soccergal23

Quote:

Anyone else?
I ordered the slide + additional DVDs, in addition to my recent Zumba purchase - I have serious exercise ADD right now! I've gone to physical therapy numerous times for leg injuries / fractures and the slide always helped. I did have the old Reebok slide back in the day and really enjoyed it. I think someone in my family sold it when I went off to college I've got bad knees, so I'm sure this will help keep me fit & active
Old 11-29-13, 03:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Hi bee1 - you are killing me here!!! Slim Slide with Kim Alexis was my first workout VHS ever and I probably did the slide everyday for three years before Firm Vol. 1!
3 years in a row... It sounds like you really loved it! Awesome!

Quote:
This looks great - especially the Dash gym! I am going to be in Salt Lake next week, I wish I wasn't traveling with co-workers, otherwise I'd try and go take a class and check out the slide boards! LOL
I think you should bring your co-workers with you to try it out!

Quote:
Who is going to break down and try it out!?!
I'd like to, but Christmas is around the corner and I've bought enough fitness stuff already (more than planned ), but maybe a couple of months after Holidays... Who knows!?! Maybe someone will get it before and share their thoughts here, that'd be so sweet!

I also wished all the videos with Sarah from Ultraslide (what the original post was about sorry, I changed it a lil bit ) were available as well on dvd, but all together, as their are not long, that would make like the 10 minutes solution ones to customize a workout as long as whished or use them as a finisher after another session.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 10:07 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
3 years in a row... It sounds like you really loved it! Awesome!
Ha ha - I think I was just 13 years old at the time and my mom's friend gave it to her because she didn't like it. I got my hands on it and the rest was history - the humble beginnings of a vidiot in the making!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 10:59 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Ha ha - I think I was just 13 years old at the time and my mom's friend gave it to her because she didn't like it. I got my hands on it and the rest was history - the humble beginnings of a vidiot in the making!
LOL!! You're so funny!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 11-30-13, 02:16 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wow, I don't know how I missed all these posts?! I think I was still asleep

Quote:

Anyone else?
Wow, please post reviews and thoughts of the workouts when you get them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
The new one I found at my Mom's was rolled, I heard of people attempting to buy them off of EBay, but most had creases or the bumpers were fray or loose, It hard to find a old one in good condition..For the price mention in the up-thread I'll buy it new instead.but it looks like they're making a come back. I'm just so excited that they're DVDS finally out for slide

I'm going to order some downloads and maybe some DVDs just need to figure out which ones..too bad they're not more clips of the actual workouts

I am, think I'm going to order some downloads 1st..I've been doing So much Zuzka workout, now I want to try a rotation of non-impact with the same amount of intensity as Z's workouts..I know it doesn't look like it but you can get it with the slide
I was thinking the same about the price, plus I had a bad experience building my own dip bar (I found a youtube video to make one for under $20 -25, I spent $56 and it didn't work well ) -it seems like material here cost more btw-; that I ended buying a comercial one and expending more in the process

I also wish there were previews of each workout, so we can have an idea what the workout looks like, I know the ones that come with the slide board are 30 minutes each, and there is another one of 47 minutes, I think it is the core one among the 7 dvds if I remember well.

ETA - I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq9Y6kctdLY I think their previews should show more, not just one exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergal23 View Post
I ordered the slide + additional DVDs, in addition to my recent Zumba purchase - I have serious exercise ADD right now! I've gone to physical therapy numerous times for leg injuries / fractures and the slide always helped. I did have the old Reebok slide back in the day and really enjoyed it. I think someone in my family sold it when I went off to college I've got bad knees, so I'm sure this will help keep me fit & active
Omg... You're killing me!! The only thing holding me right now to order, is holiday season, and I bought so much fitness stuff already, plus there are still dvds coming in the way I understand you... I've developed a serious exercises ADD too (and VF is not helping me that much ). I'll wait a month or two after holidays to place my order, I hope I can resist until then, and that the price will be still the same!

Please please post reviews as soon as you get it! TIA

Old 11-30-13, 08:52 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Just found Obsidian on an Aussie shopping channel and was very, very tempted to buy but decided to come here first and see if any one had bought and tried the program yet.
I did call the shopping channel and it works out to $214.98 Australian including the $14.95 trial cost, shipping, all the DVDs, booties and slide.
The program looks good and does what I want to do, use weights. One thing holding me back from ordering is that I have previously owned two different slide boards and both slid around as I was sliding. One of the boards hated being unrolled. I tried anchoring them at each end but it never worked.
It won't hurt me to wait and budget until I read reviews but it does look good!

One of the instructors reminds me of Tracy Anderson in looks and the other talks about accessory muscles...
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 01:20 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Just found Obsidian on an Aussie shopping channel and was very, very tempted to buy but decided to come here first and see if any one had bought and tried the program yet.
I did call the shopping channel and it works out to $214.98 Australian including the $14.95 trial cost, shipping, all the DVDs, booties and slide.
The program looks good and does what I want to do, use weights. One thing holding me back from ordering is that I have previously owned two different slide boards and both slid around as I was sliding. One of the boards hated being unrolled. I tried anchoring them at each end but it never worked.
It won't hurt me to wait and budget until I read reviews but it does look good!

One of the instructors reminds me of Tracy Anderson in looks and the other talks about accessory muscles...
Seagreen, when you said "all the Dvds", you meant 10 dvds? For me it'd be $209.97 (including the 7 extra dvds). Btw, with this one you'll not have the same problem as your other slide boards I think, as this one stay open, it is not rollable.

See picture: https://www.facebook.com/dashfitness...type=3&theater

I can't wait to read reviews!

Old 11-30-13, 02:29 PM  
PhyllisG

Check out the review of the obsidian slide board on amazon. It just came up today. They are not selling it now but have in the past and there is one review.
The reviewer states that the board came rolled and she could not get it to flatten out smoothly.
Does anyone know if the board arrives flat or rolled? I assumed it was flat until I read this review.

Last edited by PhyllisG; 11-30-13 at 04:21 PM. Reason: more info
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyobsidian, gliding, obsidian, obsidian fitness, slide boards, sliding, tryobsidian, ultraslide, ultraslide downloads