Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-13, 02:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Walk It Off in 30 Days - I bought this because it had weight work and looked like it would be something I would enjoy, but I'm sorry now as I don't care for it.
You know, so far I'm not wild about this DVD either. Maybe I just like my Leslie as longer straight-up cardio..? Actually the strength section wasn't so bad; the cardio annoyed me a little. We start off holding weights (I was holding 2.5#) and almost immediately we're doing the fist in the air move, which when I attempted this tweaked my shoulder. I do love Leslie's other Just Walk DVDs though, and I'd reach for one of those or any other Leslie before grabbing this off my shelf again. I don't think I'll keep it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 02:23 PM  
PhyllisG

I have it also and it is not one of my favorites. The strength is OK but not something I am interested in doing and for some reason the walk seems slow and to last forever. Wish I had waited and gotten the Radio Remixes one instead. That looks like fun.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 02:28 PM  
sherry7899

I liked the weight workout until she went to the floor....but I don't really like floor work from anyone (except Margaret Richard). I tried the walk, but stopped after a few minutes. I'll give it one more shot before deciding whether to keep the dvd or not.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 02:52 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
You know, so far I'm not wild about this DVD either. Maybe I just like my Leslie as longer straight-up cardio..? Actually the strength section wasn't so bad; the cardio annoyed me a little. We start off holding weights (I was holding 2.5#) and almost immediately we're doing the fist in the air move, which when I attempted this tweaked my shoulder. I do love Leslie's other Just Walk DVDs though, and I'd reach for one of those or any other Leslie before grabbing this off my shelf again. I don't think I'll keep it.
Gina~ I used 2 pounds & I decided not to do the fist pump but had tried it once & thought it not necessary. I have a left shoulder that needs extra care unless I want re injury so I do without this move.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 02:52 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post
Like Fran, I'm in a phase of loving all of my Leslie DVDs, new and old. I'm not crazy about the walk belt because I find it hard to maneuver and usually there isn't enough resistance. I usually just use hand weights and mimic the movements. Sometimes I also use one of Leslie's bands.
Old 10-07-13, 03:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Gina~ I used 2 pounds & I decided not to do the fist pump but had tried it once & thought it not necessary. I have a left shoulder that needs extra care unless I want re injury so I do without this move.
Fran, you're right and I should try this again while doing my own moves (which I often do anyway).
I still don't think it'll be a favorite. For whatever reason(s) I have tended to prefer her 3 mile walks (or 3 miles of her longer workouts). I guess ~45 mins is the magic Leslie walk length for me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 04:21 PM  
raeven

I find with Leslie, I only like her straight up walking dvd's...no adding in some form of toning or anything *if* it involves stopping walking. Her 5 Really Big Miles comes to mind...I pretty much enjoy miles 1, 3, and 5. I never ever do the others because stopping and doing lunges and stuff...just feels so disjointed to me. Also not a fan of the tons of jogging and bouncing she keeps adding more of lately either. I guess I just look to Leslie when I just wanna walk, walk, walk!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 08:56 PM  
F1mom

Here's another vote for her original WATP 2 mile walk. I've purchased newer workouts from Walk Slim and now Walk At Home but this is the workout I always want when I do a Leslie.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 09:29 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Fran, you're right and I should try this again while doing my own moves (which I often do anyway).
I still don't think it'll be a favorite. For whatever reason(s) I have tended to prefer her 3 mile walks (or 3 miles of her longer workouts). I guess ~45 mins is the magic Leslie walk length for me.
Gina~ I wish Leslie chaptered 30 day walk & then it could be made into a 3 mile by repeating a mile or if you just wanted to do the 2 nd mile.
Old 10-07-13, 10:07 PM  
moonbeam31

I pretty much have had all of hers and have only kept her newest Just Walk workouts- I love the energy and the variety of moves!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, powerbelt walking system