Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-13, 08:45 AM  
Gams

My pared down Leslie collection

I used to have A LOT of workouts and A LOT of Leslie's DVDs. I got rid of a ton and just for the heck of it, I looked at what I had left of Leslie's:

Walk It Off in 30 Days - I bought this because it had weight work and looked like it would be something I would enjoy, but I'm sorry now as I don't care for it.

Shortcuts Upper & Lower Body - I don't think I've ever done the Lower Body workout, but I like the Upper Body workout and mix it in on my weight days when I don't feel like doing one of Kelly Coffey Meyer's or Kathy Smith's.

Walk-N-Tone - I kept this one because she uses the belt (or she's supposed to - she doesn't use it much) and I LOVE my Power Belt, so I can use my Power Belt in this one.

Walk Away Your Waistline - Another one I can use my Power Belt with.

Walk Away the Pounds Express - I kept this because this is my favorite Leslie set - I like the clothes they are wearing, the set, and the background exercisers.

Walk At Home Advanced 5-Mile - I kept this because it has some fast miles and I can easily pick just one mile if I only have a few minutes.

Weight Loss/Miracle Mile/2-Mile Walk Set - I kept this because her original 2-Mile Walk is one of her best in my opinion.

Not much of a collection anymore, but I don't need any new ones unless she comes out with something that looks fun - or ever listens to us and does a walk with an outdoor setting.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 09:01 AM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post

Walk-N-Tone - I kept this one because she uses the belt (or she's supposed to - she doesn't use it much) and I LOVE my Power Belt, so I can use my Power Belt in this one.

YOu still use your power belt? I haven't used my in years and was wondering if anyone still used it.

How do you use yours? Maybe I'll dust mine off and star using it.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 09:07 AM  
Gams

I LOVE my Power Belt. It's my favorite piece of fitness equipment, I think. I like the fact that it's so sturdy and when you change the tension packs, the workout gets TOUGH. I mainly use it in Leslie workouts, but I'll use it a lot more than she does and do some different moves, because I think she could use her belt a lot more than she does. I also think the Power Belt is a much better piece of equipment than her belt is.
Old 10-07-13, 10:28 AM  
raeven

Oh my, I got her workout from Target a couple of years ago with that belt with the handles/strap thingies...I found that to be the most annoying piece of equipment I've ever owned to date! My kids took it apart and used the rubber band parts to build slingshots with
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 10:40 AM  
Gams

Yeah, her belt is not good at all. If you like the concept, though, the Power Belt is awesome. And there are 4 different sets of packs that clip to the belt with different tension settings - #1 and #2 are pretty easy, but #3 and #4 are quite a bit tougher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGH595wj-0
Old 10-07-13, 11:31 AM  
lrb04

Gams~I am the opposite! I am not looking to pare down Leslie. I think her walk belt is okay but prefer light hand weights but occasionally use walk belt. I new & old. I can understand you being frustrated about her workouts but I am not there & don't know when or if I will ever be! But good for you in deciding what you like!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 11:39 AM  
Gams

Just want to be clear - I love the Power Belt (I think originally promoted by Denise Austin). I don't care for Leslie's cheap model.
Old 10-07-13, 11:39 AM  
raeven

Oh yah that is pretty neat. Looks worlds better than the one that came with that Leslie dvd. THe handles flopped around. The resistance wasn't really adjustable it all so you'd have to grab it at different parts on the belt rather than using the handles to get even better resistance. It was just really annoying. The powerbelt actually looks pretty interesting!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 11:40 AM  
sherry7899

I should give away my Leslie belt....I am sure it is covered in dust. Thanks for the reminder!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 01:51 PM  
Diana2468

Like Fran, I'm in a phase of loving all of my Leslie DVDs, new and old. I'm not crazy about the walk belt because I find it hard to maneuver and usually there isn't enough resistance. I usually just use hand weights and mimic the movements. Sometimes I also use one of Leslie's bands.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone, powerbelt walking system