Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-12, 12:39 PM  
willowey124

Thank you for the recommendations

I am looking into Weider - looks interesting and having read the thread (thanks Katmom!) it seems from the comments that workouts 5 -8 really kick it up a notch. For those of you in the know, is it still possible to modify these down? I don't mind a little impact, and am happy to modify down, but don't want to be modifying so much that I am almost doing a completely different workout - know what I mean? I'm also not too great at moves that move quickly to the floor and back up repeatedly (I can do them but ALOT slower than most!). Are there alot of these types of moves and if so are they easily modifiable?

Any other bodyweight only workouts out there that have both a cardio and strength factor?

TIA!

PS - I did Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism for the first time today which uses absolutely no equipment and struck me as a kind of bodyweight-ish workout with a high cardio factor - would you agree?

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 01:00 PM  
katmom

Yes, it is possible to modify the Weider program to lower intensity moves. Also, there is a modifier that demostates less intense options.
Old 08-23-12, 02:45 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Oops...posted in wrong thread. Sorry!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 07:08 PM  
bfit

I agree with the Brooklyn Bridge workout - the only equipment is a band that comes with it. Ilaria's Bodystrikes 1 and 2 are also good. Finally, I don't know whether this would have enough of a cardio factor for you, but there is also Ilaria's Abs and Pushups workout - the pushups generally get me working hard.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 07:14 PM  
zippity

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowey124 View Post
PS - I did Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism for the first time today which uses absolutely no equipment and struck me as a kind of bodyweight-ish workout with a high cardio factor - would you agree?

Kaz x
Yes, most Jillian workouts are bodyweight workouts with a high cardio factor, except where otherwise stated, such as "Shred it with Weights."

Tags
bodyweight, bodyweight cardio, bodyweight exercises, minimal equipment, nahesi crawford, x-factor st