Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-12, 12:57 PM  
txfitmom

Gliding Discs and Gliding Workouts

Just curious what anyone can recommend on which are the best gliding discs for various workouts from Mindy, Cathe, etc. I know that Mindy sells some, Cathy has hers, then there are the Valslides. Not sure what else is out there. I have to use them on carpet and I need something that would not slip off my feet too easily, that would bug me to no end.

Also, what is your all time favorite workout that uses gliding discs?
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 06:46 PM  
txfitmom

Anyone, anyone? I guess no one is still doing gliding workouts.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 07:02 PM  
bfls

I have Cathe's gliding discs. I find they work well on my hardwood floors. I use them with the supplied fabric covers. I tried them also, just briefly, on a rug without the covers and they seemed to slip just as easily.

The only gliding workouts I have are ones from Cathe's Low Impact series and an old Tracy Long Endurance for Movement one. I becoming something of a fan of these sort of workouts so I'm interested in what other replies you might get.

Barbara
bfls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 07:08 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I'm waiting to get my Booty Slides in the mail. I am always intrigued by gliding workouts, but I did not like any of Mindy's clips to ever purchase any of hers. I wish someone would come out with a really good gliding workout (hint hint Beyond Barre!).
Old 05-11-12, 08:20 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I prefer Mindy's. I bought Valslides and returned them. Cathe's didn't work well on my carpet.
Old 05-11-12, 09:32 PM  
Pascal

I have Mindy's and Cathe's and prefer Mindy's. They just slide better. My favorite gliding workouts are Afterburn and Slide N Glide. I also like the brief sliding work in Figure 30 Hips and in High Reps.
Old 05-11-12, 09:36 PM  
Susan

I have Mindy's, but mine are for carpet and I now need them for hardwood floors. I'm wondering if I should try to modify them to use on my floors, or if I should just stop being so cheap and buy a pair intended for hardwoods. I have a few ideas of how to make the discs work on hard floors, but I'm afraid they won't work and I'll end up with a big, useless mess.
Old 05-12-12, 04:46 AM  
wendy2

Don't know if they're available anymore, but Jane Fonda's gliding discs (I got them at Target on clearance maybe a year ago) work on my puzzle mats like butter Cathe's don't so I don't use them.

I don't do a lot of gliding--mostly just the leg work from STS and Cathe's Lower Body Blast.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 10:02 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
Don't know if they're available anymore, but Jane Fonda's gliding discs (I got them at Target on clearance maybe a year ago) work on my puzzle mats like butter Cathe's don't so I don't use them.

I don't do a lot of gliding--mostly just the leg work from STS and Cathe's Lower Body Blast.
Really?!? I would love something for my puzzle mats. I'm going on the hunt for these right now! Thanks for the info.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 10:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have Mindy's and they work really well on carpet. They are the only ones I have tried. My favorite gliding workouts include:

> Gliding Beyond the Basics
> Hi-Low Cardio & Strength Intervals
> Step & Strength Combos
> Fat Burning Cardio (from Mindy's original gliding DVD)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gliding, gliding discs