Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-11, 07:58 AM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
You have to keep your foot firmly planted on the disk or yes, they can get away from you. Once you get the hang of it, it's like riding a bike.

I've done a half hour or so of continuous gliding with mindy's old set. they really work the legs!
Thanks Peg!
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 08:04 AM  
pattyd0319

I don't think I will doing this one too much. I like the gliding discs but in limited doses similar to how she uses them in Hi Reps and STS Total Body.

Since she has moves with the discs in Afterburn and Cardio Supersets, I don't find myself wanting to even try this out.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 08:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
You have to keep your foot firmly planted on the disk or yes, they can get away from you. Once you get the hang of it, it's like riding a bike.

I've done a half hour or so of continuous gliding with mindy's old set. they really work the legs!
Peggy, do you have actual discs, or valslides? I have valslides and I have a hard time seeing myself being able to stay on them after viewing this clip. I got a freebie of gliding discs with some Mindy stuff, but they are meant for hardwood floors and I work out on carpet. Not sure what to do -- I don't really want to have to acquire yet another pair......
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 10:58 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Peggy, do you have actual discs, or valslides? I have valslides and I have a hard time seeing myself being able to stay on them after viewing this clip. I got a freebie of gliding discs with some Mindy stuff, but they are meant for hardwood floors and I work out on carpet. Not sure what to do -- I don't really want to have to acquire yet another pair......
Are your gliding disks purple? I got some purple ones with a Mindy workout and I use them on carpet--it's berber so there's no pile to speak of, so maybe that makes a difference in being able to using them on carpet?

I also noticed that in the Cathe clip their heels appear to be on the floor frequently which I would think decreases the possibility of having the disks go farther than would be safe or comfortable?
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 11:56 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
I got them at UVa about 6 years ago during a fitness expo. They are purple.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 01:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Are your gliding disks purple? I got some purple ones with a Mindy workout and I use them on carpet--it's berber so there's no pile to speak of, so maybe that makes a difference in being able to using them on carpet?
Thanks, Peggy. And cataddict, they are purple, and when I looked at them I thought to myself "these LOOK like they would work on carpet" (even though they say use only on smooth floors. I'll give 'em a shot!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 03:22 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks, Peggy. And cataddict, they are purple, and when I looked at them I thought to myself "these LOOK like they would work on carpet" (even though they say use only on smooth floors. I'll give 'em a shot!
Mindy sold two types of discs, both are purple. The ones for hardwood floors have a fabric outside, the ones for carpeting are all plastic/smooth.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe low impact series, gliding, slide and glide