Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-11, 12:04 PM  
pattyd0319

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishOT View Post
With S90, I had good core and cardio benefits, but I feel my overall strength suffered and I had some annoying low back pain with that combo. I am currently in my tapering week, as the race is next Sunday. I will let you know how it goes. If I set a PR, I will know S90 contributed!

A metric marathon, I think I would like that as I have no desire to do a full marathon, and have never done anything more than 15 miles. If you know of any other metric marathons, that will be happening next year let me know. I am in NY, so nothing that would be mid west or further would be ideal.
What a great idea on doing s90 but skipping the leg work. I think there is plenty of legwork in the ball and cardio workouts as it is. I might start with the ball & upper body workouts. There is a metric marathon every year in November in Columbia, MD which is what I'm training for now. Good luck with your race.

Beatchica, I think you've sold me on this set to at least give it a try.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 12:25 PM  
Mommapew

You know what I really like about the sound of this system - it's only 60 days! 90 days just seems too long and I get bored of doing the same thing over and over again..

I wonder if I can get this in Canada
Mommapew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 12:37 PM  
enduranceron

Mine arrived today (but right before I headed to work). So, I brought the DVD's to work with me to preview on lunch.

All DVD's in fine shape. Can't wait to give it a try.

I order through Wal-Mart and they arrived within a week (via Fedex).

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 12:45 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Hi Adrien,

It was your original post that made me get this! Thanks again!
My set was not scratched and I hope your next one is in good shape as well.
I ordered mine online from WallMart, $3 shipping woohoo! Maybe Wallmart got a better batch vs. Target.
I am so glad that you like the set! I would feel awful if my post encouraged you to buy it, and then you ended up not liking it!

You make a good point! If this set is scratched, I'll oder from Walmart.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 12:53 PM  
aunatural

I would be ordering from Walmart right now if not for my inability to follow a specific DVD rotation and my intense dislike for pushups. Great review though. I enjoyed reading it.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 01:34 PM  
Alan

Thanks for the review. Hopefully someone can put up a detailed breakdown of the workouts soon.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 01:50 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

5% cashback bonus at Wal-Mart if you link through the Discover card site.
Old 09-23-11, 02:13 PM  
alisoncooks

Another one for my wishlist....
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 03:35 PM  
IrishOT

Adrien, was it $40 at Target also?
I don't live super close to a Target, but if it is cheaper, I will wait and try to get it there. TIA!

patty- I did a search for metric marathons, and it looks like there is the one you are doing in MD and maybe one in TX. I hope they catch on elsewhere, cause it is a super cool concept! Maybe next year, I will have to make a trip to MD in November.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 04:12 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I went to both my local Wal-Mart and Target & neither one had it. I plan to order it online.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight exercises, hunky guys with no shirts, nahesi crawford, weider, x-factor st, x-factor xt