Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-11, 09:53 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Exclamation FREE online Steve Cotter / IKFF kettlebell lessons

Steve Cotter has just started a free series of lessons on kettlebells, bodyweight conditioning, fitness, mobility and flexibility on he IKFF YouTube channel !

Here the links :

First lesson part 1 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ku6SNKBZIA

Intro part 1 and 2 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFD34DwzTzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlD_c1olO3c

Old 03-17-11, 09:59 PM  
tigerbaby

SWEET!!! This is incredible!!! Thank you Samantha!!!!
tigerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 10:05 PM  
kali1

Thanks Samantha!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 06:10 AM  
counterclockwise

NICE! Thank you!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 08:52 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

You are all very welcome !!!
Old 03-19-11, 10:47 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

And here the link to the 2nd part of Lesson 1 : FORM POINT ON SNATCH !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5u9H...eature=related

Last edited by editstein; 03-19-11 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I forgot to include the link :-) !!!
editstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 11:06 AM  
shortie

The form videos were great, but those intros -- what was up with that?

"Blah blah kettlebell blah blah then I worked with blah blah blah and I also know blah blah blah. . ."

You hard-core kettlebellers -- was I missing something? Maybe it just bored my brain into a lack of understanding.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 11:37 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
The form videos were great, but those intros -- what was up with that?

"Blah blah kettlebell blah blah then I worked with blah blah blah and I also know blah blah blah. . ."

You hard-core kettlebellers -- was I missing something? Maybe it just bored my brain into a lack of understanding.
The intros are to explain where Steve comes from, keep it in mind that it is IKFF channel so it is aimed to people who are into KBs a lot .
In the kb world, there is a lot of talking about the true way and suches but the best techniques are very different from the first approach to kbs that was introduced in Us and on some forums the threads get pretty hot.
He was also explaining why he teaches techniques in a certain way and I think he made very good points explaining his personal development into kbs after teaching martial arts for so long ( and real Martial Artists are excellent athletes that focus on many aspects lacked in other sports such as flexibilityfor examples ) his bachelor in Kinesiology ( that gives him an understanding of how the body functions ) to the various teachers he trained with a picked from, paying them credits.
He is also very well known in the KB and fitness world and many people are interested in his background.
So I believe this is why Steve did those intros.
Old 03-19-11, 11:41 AM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
The intros are to explain where Steve comes from, keep it in mind that it is IKFF channel so it is aimed to people who are into KBs a lot .
In the kb world, there is a lot of talking about the true way and suches but the best techniques are very different from the first approach to kbs that was introduced in Us and on some forums the threads get pretty hot.
He was also explaining why he teaches techniques in a certain way and I think he made very good points explaining his personal development into kbs after teaching martial arts for so long ( and real Martial Artists are excellent athletes that focus on many aspects lacked in other sports such as flexibilityfor examples ) his bachelor in Kinesiology ( that gives him an understanding of how the body functions ) to the various teachers he trained with a picked from, paying them credits.
He is also very well known in the KB and fitness world and many people are interested in his background.
So I believe this is why Steve did those intros.
See, I knew there was an explanation! Thanks for the explanation -- for me, it was just blather. But I can imagine that it was interesting to the right audience.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 11:54 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
See, I knew there was an explanation! Thanks for the explanation -- for me, it was just blather. But I can imagine that it was interesting to the right audience.
Yes infact he got many apprecciation comments about those intros ( see his FB ) but since you seem to like the videos on form, just stick to them.
He can be talkative infact the intros were quite long but you can always stop to watch a video if you find boring or dislike it , infact he says exactly to do it in these intros

Tags
bodyweight, form, form pointers, form tips, ikff, kettlebell, kettlebell instruction, kettlebells, steve cotter