Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-10, 10:26 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisma View Post
I'm beginning to warm to the idea of Lasik if the funds became available. However, I'm 39, and my eyes are just now beginning to move to that nearsightedness that hits in your 40s. The last time I got the prescription changed in my glasses, it was actually weaker rather than stronger. I know there's no "ideal time" to get Lasik, but it makes me a little nervous doing it while my eyes are undergoing their own little "change of life."
I was coming up on 42 when I got my Lasik surgery. Yes someday, possibly soon, I'll need to get glasses again for reading, but that's a whole lot different than needing them for EVERYTHING. That said, given that your prescription recently changed, you might not be a candidate right now. A good Lasik doc (this is one area where you do NOT want to go bargain hunting - find the best doc you can find in your area, or travel to one, and pay what you have to pay) will turn you away if you aren't a candidate.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-10, 01:26 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila S. View Post
Yes, I have them and like them. They gave me a headache and made me feel a bit dizzy for the first couple of days. Since then, they've been fine. However, I'm nearsighted enough that I need my glasses for anything beyond my fingertips so I have to wear glasses all the time (except reading in bed!). If you're just wearing your glasses on and off throughout the day, it may be difficult to adjust to the progressives.

Sheila

Same here. I could have written Shelia's post. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to them, especially for mid-range distance (like exercising in front of the TV). But once I got used to them, they are the greatest things since sliced bread. I can actually read AND see with them.

Tags
glasses