Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-10, 05:43 PM  
prisma

Question for glasses wearers

Am I the only one with this problem? I wear glasses exclusively (no contacts) and both pairs I own have plastic frames with molded nose pieces, not the separate little nose pads that a lot of glasses have. When I start sweating heavily, my glasses exit my face via the tip of my nose and this drives me CRAZY. I'm blind enough that i can't take them off for the duration of the workout, but depending on the sweat/slippage level, I can build an inner rage that really detracts from my workout.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?
prisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 05:51 PM  
kristieb726

Prisma,

I wear my glasses all the time even though I have contacts and the same thing happens to me...lol. Here are a few things that you can do:

1. Take a blow dryer and heat up the part of the handle that curves around the ear for 20 or 30 seconds. Once it's warm you can bend the handle a bit more and curve it inward also for better grip.

2. Head bands are great for holding your glasses in place while you workout

3. Eyeglass guard that fits around underneath your hair to hold your glasses in place. You'll often see basketball players wear them to keep their glasses in place. Not the most attractive option, but it works!

Hope that helps!
Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 06:00 PM  
firmaniac

Hi Prisma-I keep one pair of glasses just for my workouts. I took them in and had the arms bent in too be almost too tight. Since I moved here to the land of humid summers,this is more vital since I 'glow' more I feel your pain-that rage feeling is something I've felt. That and the part where the lenses steam up! For pete's sake! ok anyway, I am glad to just keep my Sweaty Glasses in my workout space and that is all they are used for. hth Julie
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 07:27 PM  
little bird

Quote:
1. Take a blow dryer and heat up the part of the handle that curves around the ear for 20 or 30 seconds. Once it's warm you can bend the handle a bit more and curve it inward also for better grip.
I would take them in to the optometrist office to have this done. If you over heat them or bend them incorrectly you will have one less pair of eyeglasses .
Old 11-29-10, 09:19 PM  
jilian15

I have multiple pairs of glasses, and I only wear my tightest pair when I workout. I have many pairs of glasses so when one gets too stretched out I try to tighten them myself or just start wearing a new pair. I buy all of my glasses cheap at www.zennioptical.com. I buy the cheapest ones ($6.95 or $9.95). I buy glasses like I do workout videos....well not quite....but I do have a lot of both!
jilian15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 09:26 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bird View Post
I would take them in to the optometrist office to have this done. If you over heat them or bend them incorrectly you will have one less pair of eyeglasses .
I've worn glasses since I was eight (I'm 38 now) and I have this down to a science..lol. Besides which they(doctor or center like lens crafters) actually do the same thing when they heat up the plastic, it's just a mounted dryer. I wouldn't suggest that you mess around with the portion that holds in the lenses, but it is quite easy to adjust the bend in the handle.

Kris
Old 11-29-10, 09:32 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I'm another one with this problem, but I'm afraid I don't have a solution. I don't have multiple pairs of glasses and I can't stand ones that are too tight in the earpieces, so I just curse and push them up a lot. It doesn't really help in the long run, but there is a frustration-relieving factor involved in the cursing.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 09:34 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I'm another one with this problem, but I'm afraid I don't have a solution. I don't have multiple pairs of glasses and I can't stand ones that are too tight in the earpieces, so I just curse and push them up a lot. It doesn't really help in the long run, but there is a frustration-relieving factor involved in the cursing.
_____
YADeb
Try a headband! Either the cloth ones of the little metal ones hold my handles in place with out any problem!
Old 11-29-10, 09:42 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
Try a headband! Either the cloth ones of the little metal ones hold my handles in place with out any problem!
I thought about this and I don't get it. How do you wear the headband so it holds your glasses? My earpieces barely come behind my ears. To get the headband to cover the earpieces, I'd have to wear it in front of or over my ears.

What are metal headbands? Apparently I'm out of the headband loop, although I have long hair and frequently wear headbands!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 07:55 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I thought about this and I don't get it. How do you wear the headband so it holds your glasses? My earpieces barely come behind my ears. To get the headband to cover the earpieces, I'd have to wear it in front of or over my ears.

What are metal headbands? Apparently I'm out of the headband loop, although I have long hair and frequently wear headbands!
_____
YADeb
I have a couple of cloth headbands like this (http://www.goody.com/#/grid/default/...ntle_headbands) that are wide (1.5 to 2 inches) that cover the handles of my glasses quite well and keep sweat out of my eyes in the process..lol. I have this one as well and it actually covers my handle about half way down and keeps it from slipping (http://www.scunci.com/products.php?p...roducts_id=553). I have tons of headbands because having my hair in my face drives me nuts.

Hope that helps!

Kris

Tags
glasses