Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-12, 02:15 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Thank you! I will be anxious to hear about the workouts. The titles sound promising! By the way, now I've got Rebecca Black's song Friday in my head. "It's Friday...Friday..."
Old 05-11-12, 02:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I got my set 2 years ago. It has only one DVD, 7 moves in 7 minutes.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 02:42 PM  
rosepetals

Do they work on carpet? I imagine not, but Please try them out for me.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 03:18 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Thank you! I will be anxious to hear about the workouts. The titles sound promising! By the way, now I've got Rebecca Black's song Friday in my head. "It's Friday...Friday..."
"Gotta get down on Friday..."

So ashamed that I know that song! I have a 7 year old daughter, that's why. And a husband who has a penchant for finding weird music.

Of course, you know Rebecca was in Katy Perry's video "Last Friday Night"? More shame that I know such things
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 03:43 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
"Gotta get down on Friday..."

So ashamed that I know that song! I have a 7 year old daughter, that's why. And a husband who has a penchant for finding weird music.

Of course, you know Rebecca was in Katy Perry's video "Last Friday Night"? More shame that I know such things
Yes, and do you know she released a new single this week? I think it's called Sing. I love viral video artists! And my husband thinks I am crazy that I was really interested in Justin Biebers performance on The Voice this week. His new Girlfriend song is so catchy!!!
Old 05-11-12, 03:49 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Yes, and do you know she released a new single this week? I think it's called Sing. I love viral video artists! And my husband thinks I am crazy that I was really interested in Justin Biebers performance on The Voice this week. His new Girlfriend song is so catchy!!!
I am sure the first chance he gets DH will be playing it. Give him a Zune subscription and Youtube access and he finds the craziest things. I'm sure her new single will be as meaningful as her first BTW, speaking of wanna-be's, do you happen to know who Courtney Stodden is? If not, look her up

For real music from new-ish artists, I like Foster the People and Gotye.

(Sorry for the hijack!)
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 04:03 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

For real music from new-ish artists, I like Foster the People and Gotye.

(Sorry for the hijack!)
Courtney Stodden = train wreck!

We have similar tastes in music! Have you heard Karmin's Billboard cover of Pumped Up Kicks? YouTube it if you haven't!
Old 05-11-12, 08:29 PM  
gigithesheltie

Well, I tried/previewed these tonight. Here's some general info about the DVDs. There is no menu on these - they just start playing. The set was nice, very bright with orange backdrops. It has a nice live class feel. The stage has two circular platforms with Rebecca the lead on one side and Brianna (I think) on the other. There are 12 class participants. Now to the DVDs:

Booty Blast
The workout was 30 minutes, which includes a 4:30 warm-up. The warm-up is basically slow squats and lunges. The workout was all matwork on all fours with a band. Just basic stuff - fire hydrants, leg lifts, rainbows. It was kind of like BBL High & Tight. The whole DVD was just the same 4 exercises done with bands. It moved VERY slow. After each leg (around 12), there was a break with child's pose. This was the first DVD that I did, and I kept waiting to use the Booty Slides but it never came. There was a few minutes of ab work at the end.

Sculpt, Tone & Burn
I think this one was around 20 minutes with the same warm-up as above. It was all push-up using the hand/knee pads. Again, very slow. Only push-ups for the entire time, but two variations. Lots and lots of breaks. And again, no use of the Booty Slides - they are wearing them though.

Cardio Extreme
Maybe around 25 minutes with the same warm-up as above. Finally, we're using the Booty Slides. There are four exercises here: lunges to the back, lunges to the side, curtsy lunges, and kind of jumping jack things (I can't think of a good term here - just where you slide out wide and jump back in).

Core Plus
Maybe around 25 minutes with the same warm-up. By this time, I had lost interest. But this, might be the best one. There was stretching in the beginning, then some plank work. I just previewed this one. But it might be pretty good.

Overall, I was disappointed with these. They were too slow with too many breaks. There was nothing new here. If you have any of Cathe's LIS with the sliding discs, then you've seen everything. However, if you're looking for a nice slower paced workout, then you may like it. The moves are fine, just very repetitive. There is really just a little over an hour of workout time. This should be on one DVD, not four.

The instructor Rebecca was fine, but very chatty. I don't have a problem with being chatty as long as you're still working out. Some of the breaks were longer because she kept talking, and the workout just ceased for a few seconds. There is a second instructor on the stage. She teaches while Rebecca goes out into the class. This doesn't bother me, but I thought I would mention it since some people do not like this.

These are probably great workouts if you don't want too much intensity and want a slower pace. I just found them slow and repetitive. I actually liked the Booty Slides, which surprised me based on first impressions. They are very thin and I thought they would be too small, but they stretch alot. I put a pair of socks on underneath to provide a little more padding. I have hardwood floors and they worked well. I think they would also work okay for carpet. I tried a little on a rug, and it seemed to work.
gigithesheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 10:36 AM  
lorajc

Yes, I got mine yesterday and previewed them and agree with the above review, however, they look like they'd provide some good butt toning overall. I'm putting mine in my....try later...pile in the basement. I might get around to them some day when I'm a bit older and need something slower, or if I'm sick, etc. I'm also disappointed.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 12:11 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Did anyone notice that the website has a new promotional video? Looks like this one includes some short clips of the workout DVDs.

Tags
booty slide, gliding, gliding discs, horizontal conditioning, rebecca kordecki