Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-09, 11:31 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I really like her new 5K with a twist, and the 4 mile walk slim. I like the "boosted walking". But, that said, heck, just pick one that you like and do your own boosting. I do this ALL the time with my Leslies.

Another thing that is really working for me in the boredom department is to pop Leslie into my laptop and put her on top of the TV. That way I can watch my favorite show and still follow along. And, if I do side to sides one too many times, well, so what? LOL!! The beauty of Leslie is that she is so easy to modify UP!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:38 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I really like this older one. There are two 2-mile (30 minutes each) walks on the DVD. Yes, lots of spandex and big hair. What I really like is that there's a good variety of steps--grapevines, abductions, etc.--compared to most of her newer ones.

ETA: How are you feeling, RubyBlue? Is your back doing any better?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 12:21 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I agree with Walk slim - Four Fast Miles (has 5 jogging intervals). I also like her new "Big Burn", which is a 2 miler (has 3 jogging intervals).

If you don't want any jogging, I also agree with Walk Away the Pounds Four Mile Super Challenge.
Old 02-04-09, 01:38 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Four Fast Miles followed by The Big Burn followed by the One-Mile Jog oughtta do the trick for ya.

(am I weird, because I wrote that as a joke but it actually sounds fun to me!)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 02:25 PM  
RubyBlue

Thanks everyone! Wow, I'm overwhelmed!! This place is so great.

OK, I need to update my Amazon wishlist....

Pratima, hi!!! My back is not so good, unfortnately, and I've now got postpartum anaemia and so I need to keep the impact fairly low. I feel like pregnancy has ruined my body. Oh well, good job Joe is a sweetie!

Hope you are doing well! Good luck with these last few weeks.

Thanks again, everyone, much appreciated.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 07:58 PM  
lissalaurel76

Leslie's Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles is another good one I meant to mention. (Different from the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles)
Old 02-05-09, 07:46 AM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

I like the original 5 mile advanced workout and run thru Mile 1 for the warm up, mile 2 twice and then mile 4 twice. Mile 2 has jogging segments, but there are modifiers. Mile 4 has no jogging, just faster walking.

You'll need to add your own cool down for this, and I usually add Debbie Siebers Slim and Limber for stretching at the end.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 07:56 AM  
RubyBlue

Thanks, Melissa and Pam- great suggestions. Ack, my credit card is complaining...

Thanks to everyone else as well.

I did the 5 mile (2008) DVD this morning and added weighted goves, which was great!
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardest leslie sansone, intense leslie, leslie sansone, powerbelt walking system, weighted gloves