Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-09, 02:22 AM  
RubyBlue

Hardest Leslie?

Morning!

I'm on the hunt for good, challenging, no-impact cardio. What would you say is the most challenging Leslie Sansone DVD? I have the recent 5 Day/5 mile workout and the interval one (with the stretchy) (sorry, I forgot the names! ) But I'm looking for something a bit harder (faster?)

Thanks in advance.

RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 03:11 AM  
lissalaurel76

Her Walk Slim 4 Mile is a good challenge, as is her new 5 Mile Fat Burning.
Old 02-04-09, 03:17 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76
Her Walk Slim 4 Mile is a good challenge, as is her new 5 Mile Fat Burning.
yes - i agree w/lissa. with most of leslie, you can intensify - i usually add weighted gloves. i've also stepped on my step, bosu etc.

i also have a power belt (the kind sold at walker's warehouse) and it's like pulling on her walk belt. i've worn my HRM and noticed that pulling on something, even a resistance band wrapped twice around my waist, causes the HR to increase. try doing this with your existing leslie's.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 03:44 AM  
RubyBlue

Thanks, Melisaa and Jeannine.

I'll get the 4 mile one- I think I have the 5 mile.I do add weighted gloves and I'll try the band trick. Thanks!
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 10:18 AM  
daisysunshine

RubyBlue - 3 mile weight loss walk

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 10:54 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue
Thanks, Melisaa and Jeannine.

I'll get the 4 mile one- I think I have the 5 mile.I do add weighted gloves and I'll try the band trick. Thanks!
The 5-mile fat burning walk is new. She has an older 5-mile walk that I don't like nearly as much.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:02 AM  
TinaT

I'm happy to have found this thread. I was just thinking the same thing as the OP. I like Leslie and need to keep impact to a minimal without compromising intensity. Yes, I want it all...
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:07 AM  
ssgilby

I'm pretty much just seconding what others have said.

I like 4 Fast Miles, which I think might be the Walk Slim 4 Mile referred to above. I like walk/jog intervals or the ones with a 2-min. jogging section at the end, like the new 5 Mile Fat-Burning Walk.

The 3-Mile Weight Loss Walk is nice too.

Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles is a nice w/o, but Leslie seems a little tired and distracted in this one. It's her at her bad-cueing finest, and in sections they all seem to be off the pace a bit, but obviously, since it's Leslie, the bad cueing isn't a problem given the simplicity of the moves. Plus, you know, "You can't do it wrong!"

I know you aren't looking for impact, but the jogging intervals don't have to be jogged. It's plenty easy to up the intensity without adding impact. Also, I would say you could add handweights or the band to just about any Leslie and really up the intensity.
Old 02-04-09, 11:11 AM  
KathAL79

I second 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.
Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles is good, too. 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk might have a slight edge in intensity on it, however, thanks to the FAST 2nd mile (although the 3rd mile slows down a bit).

The Walk Away the Pounds 4 Miles that's found on the Intensity Walk compilation that's been at Target for a while is a great one; you will sweat! (I think it's the individual title that's called Walk Away the Pounds Express - Super Challenge, but please correct me if I'm wrong!)

None of these have boosted walking (aka jogging).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:17 AM  
sammycakes

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...3764195&sr=8-4

The 4 mile section on this one. Just ignore the hair, makeup and clothes from about 18 years ago ;-)
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardest leslie sansone, intense leslie, leslie sansone, powerbelt walking system, weighted gloves