Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-08, 07:06 PM  
NitaClare

Leslie Sansone hand weights - what do you use?

I had the WATP weighted balls set years ago where you added water, but I never could get them to feel like they were balanced in weight so I eventually threw them away. I sometimes use my vinyl dumbells in my hands, but I'm a little afraid of dropping them on my feet. I've also considered getting hand/wrist weights that I could carry in my hands like the balls.

I guess I have two questions -- 1) How many pounds were the WAPT weighted balls? 2) What kinds of hand weights / boosters are folks using for their walking programs?

Would it be overkill for me to get both weighted balls AND wrist weights. I'm considering getting the hand/wrist weights from Leslie's website so they match when I do her videos. Yes, a little OCD, but I know I'm in good company here

I see that the weighted balls are no longer listed on Leslie's website, but there are several available on Amazon and also Collage Video that look like they'd work the same.

Thanks
NitaClare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:08 PM  
DejaDeb

I use either soft weighted gloves (like for boxing) or 1-to-2 pounds weights. I wouldn't go heavier because I usually move pretty fast!
Old 03-03-08, 07:11 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I use my powerbelt for almost any LS workout. It definitely kicks the intensity up.
Old 03-03-08, 07:13 PM  
KathAL79

I found sand-filled balls at Target a few years ago. They work pretty well. They also had hand weights that wrap around the wrist.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:17 PM  
lindseylu8

I use my weighted gloves-they are 1 lb each.

Another option, if you are interested in the Firm, they are coming out w/ the 2 lb sculpting ball kit (they look squishy balls w/ handles). I was just thinking the pre-order price might be the same or less as the balls Leslie is selling and you could get a Firm dvd w/ them-if you like Firm stuff, of course. Only $14.

Since, Giam/Firm probably wont release any future w/o's featuring the balls, Im trying to incorporate them into other w/o's to justify my pre-order

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

either gloves like the other posters mentioned or these squishy balls that i bought from walmart years back. the balls are 3# each (i originally got them for karen voight's streamline fitness).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 07:59 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
either gloves like the other posters mentioned or these squishy balls that i bought from walmart years back. the balls are 3# each (i originally got them for karen voight's streamline fitness).
That's what I have, and that's why I got them! Except mine came from Target and were Reebok. They were on sale for around $12 (can't remember if that was each or as a pair).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 08:10 PM  
Orlita

I usually use 2 lb. hand weights (and I modify some of the quick movements). Mine are like gloves w/o fingers. Sometimes I find myself tensing my fingers, though. The gloves are a tad too large, so I guess I do that to keep the weight from shifting around. I have another glove w/ weight, a leather one, but it's only one, so I can't use it 'til I dig up the other one. All are from yard sales years ago.

But I just got new Heavyhands and I lurve them. Cushy!
Can't wait to try 'em.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 08:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Three lb dumb bells with a strap across the top so hopefully they won't slip and fly around the room. I got these at Target a while back. I did see some soft wrist weights and weighted balls at TJMaxx Sat. Also some 'brass knuckle' type weights from EverLast ? They were pink, 3lb and purple 5lb. I liked them but didn't really need them.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 09:53 PM  
bfit

I think the WATP balls are 2 pounds each. Sometimes I use those but other times I use weighted gloves at 1 pound each or to make a 2 pound weight different than the balls I wear the 1 pound gloves and then carry a 1 pound vinyl wrapped dumbbell (hand weight) in each gloved hand.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heavyhands, powerbelt walking system, weighted gloves