Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-07, 06:59 AM  
Bebop

Lesle Sansone + Powerbelt = great workout

Had to post this.

I reviewed the 4 fast miles DVD before I tried this so this is kind of an update.

I'm decluttering my house and I have had a love hate relationship with my Powerbelt. My mom gave it to me and she bought all the weight upgrades so I hate to not use it.

So, yest. I decided to give it one more try before I put it up for SASE. Anyway - I did have the original frustration of adjusting the thing, but I stapped it on, added an extra weight #2) and put in the 4 fast miles.

Wow - Fantastic. Using the power belt just kicked it up a notch. I actually broke out in a sweat. My heart rate was up the whole time and I really felt the intervals. I had to take off the extra weight and just go with the #1.

The workout, as written, is not that intense for me. I enjoy it, and it's a nice steady state, lower intensity workout for me. BUT - adding the resistance just brought it up to where it should be.

If you don't have a Power belt, you could hold 1 - 3lbs weights.

Idon't have her Walkbelt, but you could probaby use it too. I assume it adds some resistance to the moves.

I hold to me original review that this is a workout for all levels - I like that a workout can grow with you, or be brought up or down, depending on your energy level of the day, etc.etc.

I hope Lesle makes another similar workout.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 08:10 AM  
Gams

I love my Power Belt.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 08:38 AM  
adrien_73

I WANT ONE!!! But don't have the $ right now.

I do use hand weights in Leslie's workouts & it makes a HUGE difference in my HR.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 11:07 AM  
zaprascal

I found 1 pound weighted balls last year at T. J. Maxx that have a loop on them so I can clip them to Leslie's walkbelt.

Leslie's 4 fast miles is all I can handle as is, but when I do the 3rd mile in her 5 mile workout, I like to use the weighted belt.

I just do the last half of miles 1, 3, and 5 on her 5 mile walk using her respective weights and bands and then follow it with Shape Redefined's band and weight mini upper body workout.

The Powerbelt does sound like fun.

"Motion is lotion." Dr. DiNubile
zaprascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 11:08 AM  
bfit

The best Leslie workout to me is the old 3 Mile Power Walk in which she has you holding hand weights throughtout the whole thing. You can always use a belt or weights on your own in all of her workouts of course, but somehow I'm more motivated and know what to do when the workout actually has the weights shown.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 03:28 PM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit
The best Leslie workout to me is the old 3 Mile Power Walk in which she has you holding hand weights throughtout the whole thing. You can always use a belt or weights on your own in all of her workouts of course, but somehow I'm more motivated and know what to do when the workout actually has the weights shown.

Yes,Yes,Yes. This is one of my favorite workouts. I do it often. I use between 1 and 3lbs weights and sometimes do it on the rebounder.

I have it on VHS. I think the next time I make a collage workout, I'll order it on DVD.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 12:00 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I should dust of my Powerbelt. I think it's a great idea (and not taxing to the joints like weights), but I just can't bring myself to use it when I walk outside (I'm afraid it would up my 'lookiing strange" quotient, and I'd start getting hecklers!) I bought mine years ago, when it was on sale, along with some videos that they were selling at the time, and have used it very little.

Has anyone ever tried using it with other cardio workouts (not walking ones)? I know they suggest that, but I'm not sure how well it would work.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 03:37 PM  
Gardengirl

I'm not exactly sure what a power belt is . . . but I use two of my 5 lb ankle weights and made a 10 lb belt that I use for walking. I also have a weighted vest but actually like my homemade belt better because I have more freedom of motion for my upper body. The added weight makes a world of difference in my walking workouts.
Old 08-19-07, 07:17 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
I should dust of my Powerbelt. I think it's a great idea (and not taxing to the joints like weights), but I just can't bring myself to use it when I walk outside (I'm afraid it would up my 'lookiing strange" quotient, and I'd start getting hecklers!) I bought mine years ago, when it was on sale, along with some videos that they were selling at the time, and have used it very little.

Has anyone ever tried using it with other cardio workouts (not walking ones)? I know they suggest that, but I'm not sure how well it would work.
Kathryn, I feel the same way..... I am going out of town at the end of the month, and plan to do a lot of outdoor walking. I SHOULD take my powerbelt, I know. It is silly of me to worry about what others think. I bought the thing, and all of the weight add-ons. And, I have been thinking about how I can make my walking more challenging. Yep, I am going to take it! To heck with what others may think! I am glad I am not the only one, though!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-07, 07:45 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
I love my Power Belt.
ditto! It has made ALL the difference in my walking workouts!

Tags
powerbelt walking system, tjmaxx