Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-06, 10:10 AM  
Harivelo

I agree with other posters: a pedometer is not a valid instrument for measuring an indoor workout which is not genuine walking. I remember reading that LS bases her estimations of distance on the intensity of her workouts. A heart rate monitor would be a better option for evaluating if her 5 mile walk program really delivers.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 01:23 PM  
Gardengirl

I think my Omron pedometer is pretty darned accurate. I don't track miles but steps, and it picks up side step and leg lifts, etc. Next time I do Leslie, I'll try and remember to write down the mileage!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 01:47 PM  
doskymom

I see what you're saying, gardengirl - I also have an Omron and I think it's very accurate, too, except you will be measuring number of steps, not actual distance, so even if your Omron picks up ever single knee lift (or kick or whatever), you won't have any idea how far say 20 knee lifts/kicks would take you because they are done in place and you are not actually travelling any distance.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 04:37 PM  
Gardengirl

Dosky, you're right! Since I don't track miles, I've never really paid attention to how far her walking workouts are. I guess I've always considered indoor walking low impact aerobics! LOL! I've been tracking steps since the first of the year though, and I my Omron!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-06, 04:55 PM  
doskymom

I love my Omron, too!
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 01:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i did the premix 3-mile today (3rd one on the main menu list). since this was my first time, i'll describe it in terms of their outfits/accoutrements:

1st mile: brown and black attire, no weights; extremely fast walk right out of the gate; no warm up or cool down; refers to Linda as a grandma

2nd mile: leslie wearing melon top with black pants, no weights; extremely fast also; no warm up or cool down.

3rd mile: leslie all in black, jo wearing turquoise top, pink weighted gloves; slower.

i'd have to say that the 1st mile and 2nd mile remind me of her WATP Abs 1 mile super challenge (the one only available on VHS). so if you all want something similar to the super challenge on DVD, this is the DVD to get.

there's 2 new men and several new women in this series, including leslie's daughter marie.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 mile super challenge, powerbelt walking system