Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-20, 10:17 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I think Alta's tin foil hat was just on too tight momentarily. It could be a side effect of living in 2020......though I can attest to her legendary cranky pants from at least a decade past. I still chuckle when reading the tags for the official Alta-tude thread I hope you are doing ok, Alta. VF is sort of a reminder that times past were better. I understand why it can feel like a lifeline <hugs>

Joni, as others have said, we genuinely appreciate your attempts to help us understand. It makes a huge difference

Wendy, if you are reading this please know that you are not alone. Times are tough but you have our many prayers and well wishes. Most of us know what it's like to feel so overwhelmed that it is impossible to even consider the smallest task. I'm so sorry that you are in a place like that. We'll keep a light on for you, as you did for us these many years. I truly hope you find comfort soon.
Hilarious! Thanks for sharing the Alta-tude thread. The fun-sucking shrew tagged thread is also worth checking out.

Joni,
You absolutely have nothing to apologize for. I cannot recall a mean-spirited post ever made by you :-)

Wendy,
{{Hugs}} You’ve improved the lives of others through your creation of this forum. This forum is amazing.
Old 11-07-20, 12:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Oh, Alta. I hope you don’t think I was I inferring anything negative toward you or anyone here. I’m sorry if it appeared that way.
No worries, Joni! You are in an awkward position as message bearer. Today, I will Joni O a workout in your honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I think Alta's tin foil hat was just on too tight momentarily. It could be a side effect of living in 2020......though I can attest to her legendary cranky pants from at least a decade past. I still chuckle when reading the tags for the official Alta-tude thread I hope you are doing ok, Alta. VF is sort of a reminder that times past were better. I understand why it can feel like a lifeline <hugs>.

Taiga
, thank you for your kind and understanding post!

I think I lost my tinfoil hat a few years ago. I must make a new one. I was always a cranky curmudgeon. Now, being a senior citizen, it almost seems like a late-life career.

I will do myself and the world a favor by giving this subject a rest.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 02:26 PM  
jmander

I haven't been here in a LONG time, but wanted to do a search and couldn't. So disappointing, because I know that you all would have answered my question long ago. Now let's see if I can post.
Old 11-07-20, 03:13 PM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=jmander;2897516]I haven't been here in a LONG time, but wanted to do a search and couldn't. So disappointing, because I know that you all would have answered my question long ago. Now let's see if I can post.[/QU

Hi, Jane!
It is awkward , but you can try to search through Google or do a tag search. We can try and help if you say what you are trying to find.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 05:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
. I was always a cranky curmudgeon. Now, being a senior citizen, it almost seems like a late-life career.
That’s a tough gig!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I will do myself and the world a favor by giving this subject a rest.
Well, I gave it a rest for almost 6 months and have to again postulate that we have been abandoned. Seeing the new "bot" members every day is really annoying! Especially when it is something that can be fixed.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:33 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Well, I gave it a rest for almost 6 months and have to again postulate that we have been abandoned. Seeing the new "bot" members every day is really annoying! Especially when it is something that can be fixed.
That's actually a pretty big security issue, and I know I sure don't want to be spammed by fake people trying to sell things. I don't really want this forum to migrate to some other system and have really enjoyed being more active on it this past year. I LIKE that it runs on a simpler software, I LIKE that it's not full of ads, and I LIKE that the focus is specific while allowing for some cute OT topics that are often very helpful and interesting. It's a really big break for me in my WFH day and also a break from the more contentious world of Facebook and Twitter.

I use Discord a lot, and I use Reddit to a lesser extent, and even though I think both places have some good things about them, they don't allow for the specific type of organization available here. I guess technically Reddit does a little bit, but the ADS! Good grief, it's just so, so, so full of ads.
Old 04-12-21, 10:38 AM  
upperwside

What about making a new Facebook grouo? Facebook makes it easy to navigate, post links and photos and easier to respond to individual people. I know some people who aren't on Facebook, but you can make a profile with an alternative name? If be happy to set it up and be a moderator.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 10:46 AM  
Vantreesta

I think there are a lot of people who don't want to be on Facebook at all, under any name. Personally, having looked at my mom's page for a while, I strongly dislike Facebook and hate how things you see at one point seem to completely disappear when you try to look at it again. It's very possible I just don't know what I'm doing there but I have no interest in trying to learn it. There are fitness forums on Tapatalk at Total Fitness and VF Roost that would benefit from increased activity!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage vfer View Post
well, i gave it a rest for almost 6 months and have to again postulate that we have been abandoned. (
Agree.

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues