Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-28-20, 06:31 PM  
CharM

Cher, I'm sorry that you don't have a positive update yet. They'll be in my thoughts.

amg - stay safe!

AMD - thank you for starting the new thread, as usual
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 06:52 AM  
Cher

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and for my sister and my cousin.

My cousin was doing better yesterday. When he woke up in the morning he told his nurse he wanted coffee. He didn’t have that blank stare like he did for the couple days before. The nurse said he couldn’t bring him coffee but he could get him water. He drank the whole glass. Then when my aunt went to visit he knew who she was. My aunt said it is taking him a long time to say what he wants. He’s doing better but he is stlll pretty sick but at least he recognizes my aunt again. Still nothing from my sister’s doctor. She is going to call them today and see if she can find out what’s going on.

amg - I hope your son is still doing well and hopefully the hurricane didn’t hit your area too hard.

AnMrsDe - I bet the baby is just adorable!

T2B - Ms Bobblehead I know exactly what you mean. . Wow, I did not know Cedie had a baby recently! I miss Cedie in the workouts. I get the not wanting to go back to WW yet. I’ve been going to mine meetings for probably at least 8 years so I have a lot of friends there......we usually end up talking in the parking lot for a while before leaving. Lol.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 05:23 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
My cousin was doing better yesterday. When he woke up in the morning he told his nurse he wanted coffee. He didn’t have that blank stare like he did for the couple days before. The nurse said he couldn’t bring him coffee but he could get him water. He drank the whole glass. Then when my aunt went to visit he knew who she was. My aunt said it is taking him a long time to say what he wants. He’s doing better but he is stlll pretty sick but at least he recognizes my aunt again. Still nothing from my sister’s doctor. She is going to call them today and see if she can find out what’s going on.
The update on your cousin brought a smile to my face, especially asking for coffee. lol It's the simple things. And of course it's also great that he recognized his mom, one less worry for her.
Your sister must be frustrated to have to play the waiting game. Ugh. I really hope she gets some answers soon.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 07:56 PM  
amg

Thanks ladies for the positive thoughts for my son and the hurricane! We were very lucky. The hurricane winds weren't bad when the hurricane hit our area. Strangely, it still knocked power out to most of my parish (or county elsewhere, lol). We were without power for about 20 hours but luckily power came on about 2 hours ago. They closed school tomorrow since the parish still has power out for many residents. My relatives south of me said the winds were scary when the hurricane passed but no damages to houses mainly trees down in yards or fences down. They will be waiting for power to return another day or so.

I see a few of you have tried Cathe's Perfect 30. Hoping to try one of them out tomorrow.

Cher - So happy your cousin is showing improvement. Positive thoughts that he continues to improve quickly. I hope your sister has found something out today. I know how aggravating it is to wait for answers.

AnMrsDe - I wish my son realized how hard it is on Moms. He is already begging to go back this weekend to the skate park.
Old 10-29-20, 08:09 PM  
Luv2WO

Cher - So glad to hear your cousin is doing better and is more aware of what is going on. That is so scary and hopefully he continues to improve every day. I'm sorry your sister still hasn't heard from her doctor. Hopefully soon. Thinking about all three of you.

amg - What a relief that the hurricane wasn't as bad as it could have been when it hit your area and your power is back on! Hope your son is doing okay and continues to get better.

Chrys - Hope your cysts are all better.

Have a great night everyone. Stay safe and well.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 08:51 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I have a miserable cold and feel crappy. Came home from work to sleep both yesterday and today. And our daughter's dog, who is the closest thing to a child that she will have, is in failing health - she's 15. It's going to be rough when she passes.
Cher, I'm so sorry about your sister and your cousin. I'm glad that he has shown improvement.
Luv2WO - good to hear from you!
amg, I'm glad the hurricane wasn't worse where you are.
AnMrsDe, our younger grandgirlie put off walking for quite a while, but now she basically runs! And climbs everything
CharM, I agree, sometimes we know when something is wrong before the doctor.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:07 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher I’m glad your cousin is doing better!!! You must be really worried for your sister. I’m glad she insisted on more tests. Hopefully she’ll be treated quickly. (((Hugs)))

Amg How scary to see your son fall like that. I’m glad he didn’t have a concussion! I’m so glad Zeta wasn’t as bad as predicted. People have had enough to deal with this year.

Char I like “tortures” instead of “torchers”. That’s probably what a lot of instructors should call it anyway!!! I’m not sure if I’m going to get a “scary” workout in. It might kill me!

AnMrsDe We have a gas backpack blower, and when I say we I really mean me. It’s really loud so I use those earplugs and the headphone style protecters. My husband already has tinnitus so he doesn’t use it. It’s also heavy, not in a way that it’s hard to carry, but it kind of throws my balance off if I move funny. I still use the corded one for smaller jobs, but the gas one does make the big leaf days go faster.

Chrys I hope you’re feeling better!

Waves to everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Has anyone visited our own VF'er Beth a/k/a Toaster's YouTube channel? You should check it out! She has meditations, yoga for all bodies and she has a beautiful voice, too.

YogiBethC
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 10:51 AM  
AnMrsDe

amg, so glad you made it thru Zeta with little damage. Hope things are still good for the weekend.

Chrys, hope you are feeling better. You must've felt pretty rotten having to leave school early. How old is your youngest grandgirlie? I'm not looking forward to the baby running with all my sharp edges in my house! Sorry about the doggie...

Cher, good news about your cousin! Now for your sister to receive some good news....prayers and hugs.

CharM, LMAO about 'Curse Fright Hag'!!! Love it! You win the prize for most creative workout log EVER!!

T2B, FYI, I have my Perfect 30 3 ring notebook with user guide all copied and ready to go with the pic of the user's guide on the notebook cover. I'm ready! You? :0)

Jane, I did another new Yvette today...it was a fun one, although I think I liked the one I did on Sunday better. //That sounds like your blower is even more bada$$ than mine! You just go right ahead and enjoy that one with all your get-up on!! I am actually looking forward to going out today to use mine! (Now let's see how much longer I will still feel this way!) Oh, and you did more than enough scary workouts this month (and even had a bad shoulder or two to boot, LOL)!

Pat, thanks for the link! One can never have enough yoga options!

Have a wonderful safe weekend, all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 05:38 PM  
amg

Luv2WO - Thanks! My son is doing much better. He finally remembers what he was doing right before his fall so I feel better about that.

Chrys - Hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself.

Jane - I agree. 2020 has been enough already. Great job with your scary Tonique workout! I got rid of my Tonique DVDs long ago.

AnMrsDe - Thanks! Things are good where we live. My husband's work is without power so hopefully it is restored over the weekend.

Cher - I agree with you on Perfect 30 HiiT. I did the lower impact workout and liked it more than expected but probably won't use it often. I previewed the bonus with the step and thought that looked much better. I generally don't like HiiT either.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tags
just the workouts