Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-20, 12:53 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Alison, glad you've been so motivated! I'm continuing my old-school Jeanette Jenkins rotation 3-4 days a week, balanced with lower intensity workouts of choice (Ellen, Jessica, etc) around twice a week. I have to keep all exercise low impact and as much off the floor as possible. These have been working great for me.

I stopped doing Firm workouts by early May; their datedness and equipment fiddliness just started really annoying me, lol. I switched to Jeanette's old stuff (Hollywood Trainer and 21 Day sets) and have really been enjoying them and how I feel.

Have fun reaching your fitness goals!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 03:09 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I'm doing the KBKB Summer Strong 8 week rotation. Dasha usually does a summer rotation and I tend to follow this every year. This year she's added in some of her Instagram workouts which makes it a bit fresh, and she also has some live workouts on her platform. I always get good results when I do this - leaning out a bit and increasing my stamina considerably.
I’m doing this too. I’ve been doing her free live workouts on most Saturdays. She has really matured in her technique and I like the addition of the Ju Jitsu/MMA stuff. However, I signed up for her free 30 day access to her website. I’m not sure what to do when that runs out as the rotation will only be half over.

Last year she did this rotation through emails but with the live workouts included and other digital workouts I think this rotation is an improvement over last year. I’m opposed to streaming in general preferring DVDs or downloads that I own but I might have to cough up $15 for a few months to check out her Live workouts and the Glute program.

I’m also finishing the last month of Lauren’s BeSlam 2 so I’m incorporating those in. Being paper workouts, the amount of effort needed with them largely depends on how fast I push myself through each workout. They’re mostly strength based. If I end up overtrained, I’ll just pause BeSlam.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 05:52 AM  
Carol K

As in every month for the past five years, I'm doing Tonda's (MoFirmer on this board) monthly rotation. 6 days a week, FIRM and BeMax workouts. I finally realized back in December 2006 that I am only consistent if I follow a rotation created by someone else. So back then it was the rotations on the FIRM Club website and then when Gaiam began shutting it down in 2015, Tonda took over the rotations and saved me from the couch.
Old 06-05-20, 08:33 AM  
laurajhawk

I just started Jessica's Summer of Strength. It works with my schedule b/c right now, my yoga teacher is livestreaming classes on Tues/Thurs morning, and those are stretch days on the rotation. So I'll do the classes instead of Jessica's stretches.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 10:15 AM  
JeepGirl

I spent about 3-4 months doing Stephanie Huckabee workouts. Now I’m doing Suzanne Bowen workouts for a change and loving them. I keep seeing ads for Xtend Barre streaming on Facebook and I’m intrigued. Decisions! Part of my hesitation is I really want to “own” the workouts, rather than stream them.
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 05:01 PM  
upperwside

I'm streaming Montana method and Romney studios right nkw, mixing them and getting great results.. And having fun!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:12 PM  
donnamp

Jane P - glad to see you posting - and working out again.

I'm still mainly following a template that includes 3 or so cardio workouts a week, a lower body day, an upper body, and some fusion. I'm mainly using Jenny Ford for step cardio and for floor cardio Jessica or Jenny or Leslie. For my strength workouts I'm mainly doing Jessica Valent Pilates or Trifecta Pilates. I'm mixing in some Ellen Barrett, too, and this month some Classical Stretch.

I like the concept of Jessica's Summer of Strength, but I would like to add more cardio in - b/c now that it is getting hotter and more humid outside my dog walks are being shortened.

I suppose I could add cardio in on the 2 days off of Jessica's rotation and also add on to the stretch days.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 09:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
As in every month for the past five years, I'm doing Tonda's (MoFirmer on this board) monthly rotation....saved me from the couch.
Carol K you made me laugh. I have to say that hearing about rotations being available on Facebook ALMOST makes me want to get a Facebook page. (That and VF roost) I'd love to have a more recent rotation for using my Firm workouts. Trying to come up with a rotation of them on my own is a little overwhelming. I'm not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl View Post
I keep seeing ads for Xtend Barre streaming on Facebook and I’m intrigued. Decisions! Part of my hesitation is I really want to “own” the workouts, rather than stream them.
JeepgirlThose ads are very enticing... despite the fact that I know Andrea talks too fast for me, lol.

I do a loose rotation every two weeks. This time it's Jari or Traci for strength, Cathe cardio and generous use of foam rolling and mobility exercise days. I am listening to my mind/ body and have alternate workouts like CS or yoga when it says "not today!" to my rotation.
I do have to choose a current pile or I will flounder.

It's interesting lately that my body may not be injured or sore but my mind needs my exercise to soothe.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hmm...I went back to Jessica's site and re-reviewed Summer of Strength and Calm & Strong. Both look good to me....so, if I decide I need more focus than what I have been doing - I may do one of those rotations. I may use the DVD option for Round 1 and then do the You Tube Version in Round 2.

decisions, decisions....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 11:08 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol K you made me laugh. I have to say that hearing about rotations being available on Facebook ALMOST makes me want to get a Facebook page. (That and VF roost) I'd love to have a more recent rotation for using my Firm workouts. Trying to come up with a rotation of them on my own is a little overwhelming. I'm not sure why.
I always failed miserably at making my own rotations. Usually didn't stick with it for more than a week.