Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-12, 08:45 PM  
jbee

Reading what the upcoming weeks have in store may not be a good thing. Anything with jump and lunge is not going to happen. Speaking of lunges, just started week 2 today which I liked but angled lunges? Since I like this one, it must be week 3 that I didn't like previously. I did a long kundalini yoga and instead of kettlebells, I decided to do Ripped and Chiseled, which killed me in the upper body. I still had terrible DOMS from it but was able to do most of the week 2 workout. The time flew by with this one today!
Old 05-23-12, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

jbee - I can't remember which workout (maybe week 3) had the plyo split lunges - for 90 seconds! Those are really hard. The good news is - you can modify them by doing reverse lunges. What I did was as many as I could doing the split/plyo version, but when it go to be too much I did the reverse lunges.

CharM's breakdowns have really helped me a lot to psyche up for the workouts - so thanks for posting those!!

I have 2 weeks left - anyone know what they are doing afterwards? I have several ideas kicking around but can't really decided - my thoughs/ideas are:

Karen Voight rotation (figuring she is way different from X-Factor)
Chris Freytag's 10 lb slimdown extreme (although maybe I will be burned out on circuits!)
Gin Miller - I just enjoy her personality
All the Ultimate Yogi threads got me thinking of doing a yoga-based rotation....and, it is more body weight work!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 10:21 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
jbee - I can't remember which workout (maybe week 3) had the plyo split lunges - for 90 seconds!

yep.... that's week 3!!!

(and it's not plyo... but i recall in doing my breakdowns of the ones later on... that there is a 90 sec segment of bicycles! )
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Oh - I think it was Week # 5 that had the bicycles - that was really hard! I ended up modifying that and just doing the leg movements on the second set b/c it really strained my upper body to do bicylces for tha long. And, of course, how do we forget the killer 90 sec superman hold?? By far I think Weeks 3 & 5 had the most "dread" for me. Week # 6 isn't too bad - even if it does have those stupid surf pop-ups.....

Donna
Old 05-25-12, 06:25 PM  
lisarah

Anyone experienced any weight loss or more importantly, inches loss by using this set? (Those of you that were looking to lose or had some to lose, of course)
TIA

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 07:00 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
Anyone experienced any weight loss or more importantly, inches loss by using this set? (Those of you that were looking to lose or had some to lose, of course)
TIA
DS says my middle has less jiggle when he pokes me. Does that count?
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 09:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
LOL. That's awesome. That sure would count for me. Way to go
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 10:06 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
sounds like progress to me!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi -

I haven't really seen many physical changes from doing these - but I can tell my performance has improved. I'm on Week # 7 and for the exercise where he does fast feet to push-ups I can actually keep up and do as many push-ups as they are doing (previously, although able to do toe push-ups, I was slow and rarely got all the reps in) I also did KCM's Athletic Step yesterday and the plyo moves gave me no problem - as as w/ Tracie Long's Power Up.

So, definately some progress in terms of performance.

I do dread the workouts a bit before I do them now - mostly b/c I think I'm getting tired of them here at Week # 7, but, once you get going w/ them the time FLIES.

Donna
Old 05-29-12, 10:04 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
TIA
Hmmm...I have not lost any weight from this set. I tried it for probably 8-9 weeks before shelving it. I was doubling up my weeks, so I THINK I only got to week 6. I also did not measure anything other than my waist. However, I did feel my butt and legs getting tighter, so I probably lost some inches there.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight exercises, hunky guys with no shirts, nahesi crawford, weider, x-factor st, x-factor xt