Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-11, 04:50 PM  
GeminiGLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastsm0m View Post
By the way for those keeping track did everyone figure out who their secret santa was?
I count 5 giftees:
  • preklbt / Tami
  • momtoaboyandgirl / Kelly (she posted from NS Canada, she'll post again when package arrives)
  • wallace22 / Angela
  • shelleyann (package received & opened, but Santa not revealed)
  • glamgal / Jen (package received & opened, but Santa not revealed)

I think I recall Santa / Laura S. being concerned that her giftee hadn't posted yet ~ I hope everything is OK with her giftee!
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 08:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Actually, it's fine - as far as that goes. I posted before Kelly came on and left her message. I'm Kelly's Secret Santa. At my house, we have had a major mold issue, so we had to get out of our house for a month, plus take stuff for Christmas and DH's birthday, plus sort through all the stuff in the basement and get rid of tons of stuff. That means that I just didn't have the time to even notice what was going on with my giftee's gift until the day I posted that she hadn't gotten my box. I am still hoping it will get there!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 03:50 PM  
dmhammy

I received my original presents from my secret santa Winnie today. She mailed it UPS but somehow ended up going to the post office who sent it back to her because of insufficent postage lol. So after she sent me replacement gifts she received the original gifts back which she also mailed out.

Today I received The Curve: Tall tea mug with infuser in Turquise (Love tea and turquise) , a Cidar Beetle (I've never seen one of these before but you put it into Cidar which makes a pitcher of drinks; can even add Brandy for extra ooph lol), Cherry Preserves from Michigan (which is halarious since I'm in Michigan), Te`House of Tea: Spice Islands Chia (I love Chai Tea), A Texas cowboy Boot Christmas ornament to hang on my tree each year to remember Winnie by, Namaste The Five Elements DVD, The cutest box from Bath and Body Works with Be Enchanted purfume and lotion (the box can be used as a jewelry box afterwards with a pull out drawer and a lid that when lifted has pop up pictures) which I'll need to hide from my granddaughter or she'll want to take it home, and last but not least a CD with two songs on it. Winnie sings in both of them and she has a fabulous voice. We wish You a Merry Christmas she recorded with her hubby just for me. I can't believe that!!!

I think Winnie should be voted Best Secret Santa ever for going out of her way not once but twice to send me such fabulous and thoughtful gifts. Thank you Thank You Thank You Winnie. Off to make me some Chia Tea in my new infuser mug. Happy New Year,
Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 09:00 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

Dawn,
I'm so happy you enjoyed your gifts. I still don't know what happened to the first package--UPS may have just lost the label, but I'm glad it got there eventually!
Happy New Year!
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 11:03 AM  
momtoaboyandgirl

Thank you Laura !!

I hadn't checked the thread, I was behind the times and still didn't know Lauara S. was my secret santa!!

That's an awful inconvenience about the mold Laura, my office had mold some years back and lots of folks were sick before they found out. I hope it was irradicated and you are back into your home.

I really appreciate you sending me such lovely gifts!! You are the best, every single thing is an item I love and will use

I got some yummy pumkin spice lip balm, an awesome scented watermelom body lotion and chocolate foot cream from Avon- I love avon items, they all smell good and work!

I got two Dvds ( I am spoiled) Pure Barre FI 2 and the Zodiac workout which I've never heard of but looks just perfect for me, I previewed it and Carrie's gonna have to wait!

I got an awesome hat and scarf, which is ideal- its freezing here today

And a cool ornament, it's an official whitehouse historical association ornament! I could never get something like that here- the whitehouse is pretty far from me, it's so unique and rare for me, I love it.

Thanks so much Laura, best of all, a happy consequence of the box arriving after Christmas- my daughter said-
"Your video friend santa brought Christmas back!! I love her!"
Edynn's almost four and she helped me open the box, she's wearing some lip balm right now

thanks much Laura, I really appreciate everything you sent.

~have a great new year
Kelly
Old 01-04-12, 11:12 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Kelly - Yay! I had just about given up on that box arriving, so it's great to hear that it did. I love your daughter's statement. At least, the box getting there late kept the Christmas spirit going for awhile longer. I really enjoyed putting the box together. Nova Scotia is on my bucket list of places I want to visit someday and I enjoyed thinking of those items going to someone there.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a good New Year. Stay warm! (It's freezing here today well.)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 12:09 PM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
I received my Secret Santa package from my wonderful Santa Laverne!! I'm not sure of her VF name but the box came from North Carolina so I guess I have to do some sleuthing. My apologies to my Santa because I think the package was delivered to our mailbox on Saturday but we had guests this weekend so I just got it about 2 hours ago (and I could not wait longer than that to open it)

Thank You Thank You Thank You so very much!! Everything single thing was wrapped so I really had the pleasure of tearing off lots of wrapping paper. My Santa wraps like I do...lots of tape so you have to work at it

I'm so excited I can't wait to do my new workouts....Breathless Body and Balanceball Core Cross Train!!! Thank you!! I think right now Breathless Body would floor me (I've had a cold for like 2 weeks) but I can't wait to try it! And I love ball workouts so I was super happy to receive this one. I can't say thank you enough! So very generous of you.

My super Santa also sent me pads of paper (which I will get so much use out of!), a cool pen that lights up, a scented highlighter (did not even know they existed....how fun!), a book mark (which I need because I think my cat is responsible for the demise of my old one), a countdown timer - which can double for workouts AND I can use this in the kitchen , plus an AWESOME pair of Traction Socks in a beautiful shade of blue - my most favorite color! I have slippery hard wood floors and my feet are always cold so these will quickly become my favorite socks

Thank you again to my lovely Santa I so appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Nicole
Nicole,
I was your Secret Santa. I am glad that you liked your gifts. I had a card for you too but I had closed the package when I realized I had left out the card. There was no way I was going to reopen the package.
Laverne

Tags
holiday gift exchange, secret santa, vf gift exchange