Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-16, 02:04 PM  
JENILU

Best Bang for the Buck, CS Season 11 or the Ant- aging set?

If I can save enough Amazon GC's which is the better deal for mobility and pain issues? Do I go a bit cheaper with 4 30 minute sessions that may be better quality, or is the season 11 with 30 episodes a better deal? I do have some previous seasons if that matters, but am really wanting gentle mobility. If this has already been asked, please fogive me. I know season 11 was too lame for some people, but for my purposes, gentle is really important. thankyou!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 02:15 PM  
MariC

Smile

I don't know the answer as I am interested in purchasing them both also.
Along with many others in this community. I Just wish I had the funds available the past week when they had their sale. Just bad timing. But I know eventually down the line I will get them.
Interested in hearing everyones response.

Mari
MariC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 02:18 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariC View Post
I don't know the answer as I am interested in purchasing them both also.
Along with many others in this community. I Just wish I had the funds available the past week when they had their sale. Just bad timing. But I know eventually down the line I will get them.
Interested in hearing everyones response.

Mari
Same here! I would've bought so much if timing had been good! (well, timing is never good, lol, but BETTER timing ha ha)

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 07-24-16, 03:30 PM  
donnamp

Hmm..this is a tough call.

The Anti-Aging set only has 4 30 minute programs. It is slower than Season 11 (IMHO, I have only done the first disc of Season 11 so far - so 8 or 9 episodes)

Season 11 is gentler/slower (so far for me, with the ones I have done!) than previous seasons and includes 30 workouts that are 22-24 minutes.

Personally, I'd go for Season 11 - it is more expensive but has more variety.

If you can stream, I would recommend paying for a month of streaming service so you can try both out and then you'll be ready for their next sale (which is usually in Nov/Dec). It is also very easy to cancel, I streamed for a month and cancelled w/ no problems. (I only cancelled b/c I pretty much own everything they have on the streaming site! If they ever put up Season 5, I would probably pay again just to try it!)

Hope that helps!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 03:36 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hmm..this is a tough call.

The Anti-Aging set only has 4 30 minute programs. It is slower than Season 11 (IMHO, I have only done the first disc of Season 11 so far - so 8 or 9 episodes)

Season 11 is gentler/slower (so far for me, with the ones I have done!) than previous seasons and includes 30 workouts that are 22-24 minutes.

Personally, I'd go for Season 11 - it is more expensive but has more variety.

If you can stream, I would recommend paying for a month of streaming service so you can try both out and then you'll be ready for their next sale (which is usually in Nov/Dec). It is also very easy to cancel, I streamed for a month and cancelled w/ no problems. (I only cancelled b/c I pretty much own everything they have on the streaming site! If they ever put up Season 5, I would probably pay again just to try it!)

Hope that helps!

Donna
Thankyou! You kinda said what I was assuming without having tried it. I am saving up amazon GC's, so no way to afford to stream right now. I will wait for a few more opinions, but I trust yours, so that is probably what I will go with!Have you ever tried season 4? If so, how does it compare?

Old 07-24-16, 03:44 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I would also go for a Season over another choice. It's about 23 minutes per episode and more variety (as was said before!) The latest Season is usually always the best option, and often what Miranda's choice would be also.

If you find you like Miranda well enough, you can always buy more down the road, during the next sale...Black Friday, maybe? ;-)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 03:47 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I would also go for a Season over another choice. It's about 23 minutes per episode and more variety (as was said before!) The latest Season is usually always the best option, and often what Miranda's choice would be also.

If you find you like Miranda well enough, you can always buy more down the road, during the next sale...Black Friday, maybe? ;-)
Thankyou1 I agree. I just wasn't sure whether the sdet had a lot more quality and focus, so wanted to be sure. Thankyou!

Old 07-24-16, 05:56 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou! You kinda said what I was assuming without having tried it. I am saving up amazon GC's, so no way to afford to stream right now. I will wait for a few more opinions, but I trust yours, so that is probably what I will go with!Have you ever tried season 4? If so, how does it compare?
I do have Season 4 and like it well enough, but Miranda has come a long way in her teaching and presentation - so it really isn't as good as the seasons that followed in terms of production, teaching, etc.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 06:03 PM  
mlroman

I like Season 4. It's a little more physical therapyish and a little less flowy, I think. But at the point where I am, it's agreed with my body a bit more than some of the other CS. That may change as I heal - we shall see!

I'd sold both Season 4 and the Aging Backwards earlier in the year because I wanted to move to the more "fun" CS, but just ended up reacquiring them both because it's more what I need right now.

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 06:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm loving Season 11. You can work as hard or easy as you want to. Miranda has some interesting twists on things, too. I've been writing down lots of notes.

I'd go with Season 11...newest. Like Pam said, Miranda would also suggest to go with the newest release.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote