Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-16, 06:07 AM  
sherry7899

I do have a couple dozen VHS movies, those I really want I will just replace with DVD. I also have a lot of tapes where I taped old stuff off the TV, lots of old Dancing with the Stars episodes, 1996 Olympics, stuff like that. I suppose a lot of that can be found on You Tube though.[/QUOTE]

You just reminded me that I have a bunch of VHS tapes from when I was a geek about following ice skating. They are basically from the time frame of Michelle Kwan's career and a little earlier I should transfer those before they break down.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 11:40 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yet, ironically, vinyl record albums are popping up in shops around town. Everything old is new again.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 06:59 AM  
marki64

When I started purchasing dvds, I never looked back. I haven't used a VCR since 2000. I won't miss it at all. So long VCR!
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 07:02 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Yet, ironically, vinyl record albums are popping up in shops around town. Everything old is new again.
My seventeen year old son bought three (used) David Bowie albums last night We are very fortunate to live near one of the best record stores in the country -Princeton Record Exchange.

Old 07-23-16, 08:00 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Most of the comments on articles about VCRs are from horror or foreign film buffs saying many of their cult favorites are VHS only. We vidiots need to chime in, too! What are the best workouts that never made it to DVD? Pre-2000 CIAs, older Kari Andersons, the MTV workouts, even some of the fun cheesy intros to classic Firms.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 09:30 AM  
Vantreesta

I still have a lot of workouts on VHS. Hubby finally got me to stop buying them at thrift stores and flea markets last year. One of my favorite Halloween movies I can't find anywhere on DVD. I don't think Cher's workouts were released on DVD and they are among my favorites. A few years ago I bought a combo player that will allow me to record from VHS to DVD. I have never tried it but now I think I better get it done. Hubby pointed out that they will look horrible on the HD TVs. That's why we unhooked the VCR upstairs, bc he refused to watch them anymore with that poor quality. Bad quality is better to me than not being able to watch/do them at all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 09:55 AM  
sherry7899

We have a combo machine. We could not transfer anything (for our own use) made by MCA. I think most others worked.

Old 07-23-16, 10:46 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I can't even count how many VHS tapes I still have. All those original Taebo workouts, Powerstrike, Joyce Vedral and loads more.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 10:52 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
What are the best workouts that never made it to DVD? Pre-2000 CIAs, older Kari Andersons, the MTV workouts, even some of the fun cheesy intros to classic Firms.
I do older CIAs and Kari Anderson frequently. I would add older Charlene Pricketts to this list, as well as Kirsten Kagen and G-Force.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 11:18 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
When I started purchasing dvds, I never looked back. I haven't used a VCR since 2000. I won't miss it at all. So long VCR!
This. I thought they stopped production of VCRs a long time ago.

Tags
vcr, vhs, vhs player