Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-20, 05:56 AM  
Helen

Every Day in DECEMBER - This @#&%$ year is almost OVER!!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Let's see this year out the way we want to start the next one - BIG!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 07:59 AM  
sherry7899

I am just popping in to say that I love your thread title.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 09:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, I’m baaaaack!

Dec 1:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom - with cases rising & new guidelines in place, it’s back to zooming....
~5 Km walk
~Barre3: Cardio with weights & Restore, a 10 minute dynamic stretch

So I caved on the Barre3 special, there was so much hype about on GD and it is a good deal. I had it in mind to get a new subscription if a suitable one came up. I tried a sample workout on their website last week & really liked it. There are lots of 30 minute workouts, my favourite length, and the instruction is very good. It’s my isolation treat, lol.

I’m happy to say I didn’t have an TURDS in Nov, lol. Hoping for the same in Dec.

Helen - Thanks for starting us off in style as always!

Lili - That Bellicon streaming deal was tempting! But I decided I need to avoid any fast paced bouncing to keep this low back thing at bay. I have lumbar spine degeneration and it was impacting my right hip. I follow my mother genetically with joint & back issues although her fitness level was never as good as mine. So my rebounding will continue to be on the gentle side.

Waves to Cleda who I assume is still putting in the Peloton miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hi Sherry! Yes, Helen’s monthly intros are second to none!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 01:40 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thankyou Sherry - unfortunately you saw the November content still sitting there to be edited. It was finished last night, but a stressed dog during a thunderstorm had me leaving it finished, but not saved.

Luckily the computer only went to sleep, rather than shut down, so I could retrieve the changes.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-02-20, 01:48 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hello everyone, I’m baaaaack!
Helen's monthly intros are second to none!
So glad you're back!! And "aw shucks" - thanks for the comment.

Wednesday afternoon now.
Tuesday = 70min dog walk, cut it short so we were only sprinkled upon and avoided the torrential rain that landed just 10min later. Lucky to have noticed and turned for home when we did. Then spent the night with Alice shaking on the couch with me. She didn't even touch her dinner, until she passed it when heading down for bed - long after the storm had passed.

Have had renewed swelling in knee and limping again since Sunday's leg workout, so finally got around to MRI & X-Ray this afternoon. The latter are totally free - not sure why. Initial comment from the radiographer was suspected ACL, so that MAY mean surgery but will have to wait until the images come through on email & I go back to the GP.

Today, have done 60 min walk with school walkers, & was planning on a 31min Basic Step (I think?) with buddy. Low step, no silliness.

Be back later to read..... not long home from imaging place, & Alice needs to go out.
ETA - almost bedtime now (11:57pm)
60min walk, with school walkers, moderate pace
60min walk, with Alice
31min, Kari - Push - Hi-Lo Mix, with buddy
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - Low Impact, to keep going on the rotation
BIG start to December (well.... last night was a bit of a wash-out, having to molly-coddle the terrified puppy that Alice was in the storm, but that was more important.
Feels a bit weird/hypocritical doing day 1 with a BUT for why I ditched a workout, given image in the intro. Alice feeling safe is worth it.

PAM
No TURDS in November? Way to go!!
Glad you're happy with the Barre3 deal - it IS your kind of thing and VFers know a good deal.

CLEDA, LILI
Looking forward to your immanent arrival.
KAY
Are you coming back?

G'night now - I'm heading down with the thought that it's Thursday tomorrow, which means Friday after that ! then only ONE more full week of school !! then the dribbly end (M/T/W) of the final week to go !!!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-02-20, 05:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - another brilliant opening thread! Always appropriate and inspiring! So sorry about the continued knee issues. We would all be Super Woman if we didn't have blasted injuries/conditions holding us back. But the good thing is that we power on within our own abilities/limitations. Hubby paused the BBC news last night because there was a clip from Australia showing Santas on jetskis, breaking a new world record! He paused it for me because, as he said, you have a friend in Australia, you need to see this! We are all connected!
Pam - so nice to see you back with us, and congrats on no TURDS in November! That in itself is an accomplishment. As for the Belicon sale, as I stated above, we all have to work within our limitations. I think you made the right choice.
Cleda - Belicon gave me more Badges! I don't even remember what they were for, but they made me smile because I thought of you and your love of badges!

12/1 - dog walk
Belicon Lite Cardio and then Bounce & Jog, both with Jeremy.
Classical Stretch S4:E21
12/2 - dog walk
Peloton 30 Min. Classic Rock Run w/ Rebbeca Kennedy.
Jessica's Brain something cardio.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 06:28 PM  
Helen

Good morning - on a break at work getting my motivation hit!
Cait & Corey are back for 2 sleeps - should be at there when I get home from work.

LILI
Your comment about what your DH said gave me a wide smile!
Yup - Christmas in summer with Santas on jetskis, is very Australian.
And I agree, Cleda & her badges is totally endearing.

I'm in a better mood today - had a computer lesson with computers around the outside wall of the room, and placed the naughty/talky kids 3 places apart, and one asked "Are we social distancing?" YES! I'm distancing those who can't stop having social conversations! It was, I think, the best lesson I've had with that class all year.

Hope you all have a wonderful day too - mine's off to a good start.
See you this evening, when I REALLY check in!!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-02-20, 09:41 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Dec 2:
~Essentrics workout with Miranda at a virtual instructor workshop :
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding
~Namaste Yoga: season 1, episode 2 - Sun Moon

Helen - Sorry your knee issue is ongoing & hope the MRI gives you a definitive diagnosis. Talky kids, lol, reminds me of getting a request for a teacher conference for DS 2. He was an A student but definitely talky and a bit naughty. My advice to him was to zip it, lol. He is now an MD & doing a family medicine residency.

Lili - I remember Bellicon giving a lot of badges when I subscribed a while back.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 05:42 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Love me my badges ...

Oh yes I do .!!!! They are so motivating to me. (Which reminds me - tis that time of year when Peloton begins with "holiday" badges and yes - when the "holiday" workouts begin, I will be squeezing some in cuz I want those badges. I'll be curious to see what Hydrow does.

I don't have time for shout outs right now. As I have to get to some sort of workout before work. I just want to get my arrow in here.

12/1/2020: 20 minute Soft Rock Run with Andy Speer, 30 mins Billy Joel Run with Matt **, row 15 mins. (Scotland)

12/2/2020: Power Zone 45 minutes with Denis Morton for the challenge + 5 min. grateful dead cool down, Post ride stretch, Bellicon: Sunshine Bounce

** Lili - check this one out - you may like it (if you like Billy joel). All Billy Joel music and the run was very doable. Your own pace, 4 sections, 2 incline, 2 flats. from 11/17/2019 at 11:00 a.m. (you're welcome!)

I picked the Scotland row as I've been there and it spoke to me. Made me smile.

Goal is to get my 12-16 runs in this month, finish the Power Zone Challenge (I have 2 weeks and 2 workouts to go), get in 18 rows and USE MY BELLICON subscription.

Bellicon was easier than it has been in the past. But it was effective. I was feeling (and still am) my obliques after yesterday's workout and my arms as there was a small arm section.

Gotta run. Welcome back Pam! Waves to Helen - thanks for the intro. . . Sherry - stick around and post ....

Waves to all!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:59 PM  
Helen

Drive-by

Thu., 3rd Dec.
58min, Cathe - XTrain - Super Cuts + Core 2 Mix

and now it's FRIDAY AFTERNOON - just one lesson to do before going home - and it's a cover with seniors that I don't have to teach, just babysit and do other stuff.
Could be a productive evening.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.