Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-31-20, 12:59 AM  
Helen

Every Day in NOVEMBER - a penultimate push?

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Starting to think about the possibilities of the coming year? YES! It'll be SOOO much better!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 05:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

My lesson for the day

And I need my arrow. So I'll be the first to say, I had not clue what Penultimate meant. Soooooooo google to the rescue. For all those who are like me, I'll spare you the google search.

What does penultimate mean?

Definition of penultimate. 1 : next to the last, the penultimate chapter of a book.

Makes perfect sense. This was my "Learn something new every day". Thanks Helen! The forever teacher.

And it is indeed the "next to the last". So onward we go. Let's make it an AWESOME November and get closer to those year end goals.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 06:03 AM  
Helen

I'm kind of both delighted and sad to see you in a mask Cleda.

Delighted: that you're part of the people who WILL wear one, and perfectly ok with it - to put up an avatar with it.
Sad: because as far along as November, they are still required.

Also quite chuffed that I was able to expand your vocabulary.
As to Google - I'm heading there for Mara Thonner (never hear of) - and maybe listen to some Bon Jovi (only know the name)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-31-20, 09:46 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick Clarifications

As not everyone is on the same page. I firmly believe in masks. I work in the dental field and I want to protect the people around me. I see many people every week and I don't know if I'm a carrier, but I don't want to spread the love. The mask is not for my protection, but theirs. So yes. I proudly wear it on my avatar. It may be sad, but it's where we are at FOR NOW. And we will NOT be there forever. This too shall pass. But for now? This is me.

As for Mara Thonner. . you won't find a pic of her via google. It was one of my Peloton instructors dressed in drag to do his halloween run and he was a hoot! If I can get a picture in here, I will try ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_marathonner_3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	4715

Hope it works.
Old 10-31-20, 04:48 PM  
Helen

It worked! Looks like Tim Currie's version of Frank N Furter from Rocky Horror!

DH is off to the farm today.
Great to start November with - I can get all OCD and over-the-top without him here.
And I'll be able to watch election goings on (all week?) without him - he isn't interested in the least.

Here for my morning motivation.
Happy Sunday!! (overcast, drizzly here, hope it's better where you are)
ETA
Rained hasn't stopped since just after he left. That'd be right. :/

Sun. 1st Nov.
52min, Keli Roberts - Step It Strong - Circuit Section Mix
21min, Cathe - Step Boss - Step Synch - Step Bonus Addon

All at 6" (still playing safe). It had 180 hop turns over the step and NO TWINGES! I was scared, I'll admit - so very careful about foot placement, but NO TWINGES!

Bridget (DD) gets dislocated knees now & then - tonight she did it again, doing a pidgeon stretch after derby training (pop!). Good thing it was after, and not during, the training or else it could have been much worse. She said it's the mildest episode she's had, which is also good. Doing the RICE treatment. Suggested she get a patella stabiliser brace as using a brace with firm sides has made a huge difference for me.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-01-20, 04:30 PM  
Helen

Monday morning, opened VF tab on laptop at work (use iMac at home) and found this - this is very typical of how I lose posts.... leaving them half written and unsent in October's thread.

Good morning!! It's Tuesday.

PAM
Sounds like you had the BEST time! Your post is really upbeat/positive (more than usual) so it has been good for you.

Townsville is 2-season country: the wet, and the dry, so torrential rain is quite normal, .... for them... Had a look, & the AVERAGE is 10" for January (height of 'the wet'), but only 1/2" for July ('the dry').

Back to Monday (today)
Here for my motivation, yesterday went ok after DH left - the Keli Step & Cathe Addon; but even though I told DH to take all the dangerous food with him to the farm, he left a block of quality chocolate. BAD BAD.
Today will be better - already planned Les Mills Body Pump 55, and will do something more - little additional work to do as exams are all over for the year.

Have a fabulous week!!
..... there are rumblings of thunder - could be more rain.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-01-20, 05:31 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thank you for another brilliant start to the month! I just did a Keli workout, too! It made me remember how much I liked her. I need to look through my workouts for more of hers. Good luck with the hubby gone syndrome (if you don't mind my calling it that).
Cleda - I agree about the mask wearing. It's to protect others. And I appreciate it when others wear them to protect me! Thanks for the definition and the photo! I saw a lot of costumes on the rides yesterday, made me want to do one!

11/1 - rainy day here, so 3 Mega Miles with Leslie while I had her muted and listened to a podcast.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 11:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for another fabulous intro Helen!

Nov 1:
~A lovely hike with DH, my sister, & my BIL. It was a warm sunny day so we had lunch on an outdoor patio overlooking the harbour.
~yin & restorative yoga on my own
~Steps: 13,921

I’m doing an online pre holiday fitness & health challenge a friend is organizing for November. Not sure what she has in store for us, but I’ll be doing that along with my usual Essentrics, yoga, strength, & cardio. It starts tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 06:17 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Have to post and run

because (as usual) I'm behind and today is supposed to be my long run before work.

11/1/2020: (how on earth did that happen? Time marches on!) Sundays With Love (ally - on the bike, virtue: Authenticity) 30 mins. PZ ride to go towards the badge (I think I need 2 more)

There you have it. Extra movement at night with a video game. And in the a.m. (almost missed meeting Nancy on the bike). Cold and miserable here.

Make it a great day.
Off to the tread.
Onward!
Cleda
Old 11-03-20, 12:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A post & run for me too....

Nov 2:
~Neighbourhood walk
~WOW Bee Gees walk
~30 min gentle Yoga Flow on Vimeo
~Steps: 8417

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote