Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-20, 01:03 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hsim, I was thinking that a special check-in during the pandemic period would be great. Any ideas for what to name the check-in? Congratulations on learning how to cook! I cook every day, and love to talk about cooking and baking! I study recipes all the time, and try to tweak them to make them more healthy and flavorful.

Aw, thanks, Linda! I agree about the amazing people here.
Well I like what Lizh said about getting buff and badass during the pandemic so maybe something along those lines.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 01:13 PM  
wendug

When the pandemic hit us and shut downs were imposed my workouts suffered a bit as I felt anxious. I just didn't have the energy to do harder workouts. I definitely put on a few pounds from baking bread when it couldn't be found in the store, but just a few that I've since taken off.

After a few months when the warmer weather hit my energy levels improved; I guess I got in the groove of dealing with the pandemic and the extended sunlight hours and long dog walks helped. My workouts increased in length and intensity.

Within the past month a few family members caught covid including my elderly MIL with health conditions. When this happened I was incredibly anxious, especially when my MIL was in the ICU fighting covid. I increased my workouts because if I didn't work out my sleep was horrendous!!! My workouts this past month have really helped with my mental health! Unfortunately my MIL passed from covid and my husband and I went to her outdoor memorial service yesterday. We had to travel out of state so now we are at home in quarantine for 14 days. This past month has really shown me the importance of exercise on my mental health. It has been SO beneficial to me.
Old 10-25-20, 01:18 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy, I am so very sorry for your loss.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 02:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wendy, condolences very the loss of your MIL.

Count me as another who has experienced malaise off and on during all this. I was anxious in the very beginning, but I've been more sad throughout.

On the other hand, I am exceeding grateful that I had pre-established home exercise routine and also that I discovered yoga and Buddhism; those things are all significant factors in my well-being, especially now.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 02:22 PM  
Erica H.

Diet and exercise were really good for the first several months. I think it was a control issue - I couldn't control what was happening around me, but I could control my diet/exercise. Then my FIL died (covid-related due to nursing home restrictions, but not from diet), started having all kinds of health issues (spent a fortune on medical bills, but no answers), plus all kinds of other stressful issues and I started eating for comfort and stress relief. I did this on and off for a while, but was able to get back on track fairly quickly until recently. The stress is overwhelming now with no resolution or end in sight and I am really struggling with my diet, which only makes me feel more anxious and depressed than I already was. Exercise has been pretty good, but not as good as it was.

Wendy, I'm sorry about your MIL. Hard times for everyone. My MIL insisted on an indoor service when my FIL died. It was horrifying - no masks, no social distancing, people coming in from all over...I spent so much time worrying about infection that i couldn't focus on the reason we were there.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 02:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Unfortunately my MIL passed from covid and my husband and I went to her outdoor memorial service yesterday.
Oh Wendy, I'm sorry ...for you and your husband.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:33 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
When the pandemic hit us and shut downs were imposed my workouts suffered a bit as I felt anxious. I just didn't have the energy to do harder workouts. I definitely put on a few pounds from baking bread when it couldn't be found in the store, but just a few that I've since taken off.

After a few months when the warmer weather hit my energy levels improved; I guess I got in the groove of dealing with the pandemic and the extended sunlight hours and long dog walks helped. My workouts increased in length and intensity.

Within the past month a few family members caught covid including my elderly MIL with health conditions. When this happened I was incredibly anxious, especially when my MIL was in the ICU fighting covid. I increased my workouts because if I didn't work out my sleep was horrendous!!! My workouts this past month have really helped with my mental health! Unfortunately my MIL passed from covid and my husband and I went to her outdoor memorial service yesterday. We had to travel out of state so now we are at home in quarantine for 14 days. This past month has really shown me the importance of exercise on my mental health. It has been SO beneficial to me.
Sorry for your loss Wendy,
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 04:04 PM  
DCW

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 04:05 PM  
DCW

Wendy,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 04:31 PM  
wendug

Thank you everyone for your condolences.

Also, I want to mention that we brought my MIL's 9 year old cat home with us. We didn't want to see her get dropped off at a shelter! We currently have 2 dogs, one who is completely fine with cats (we previously had a cat), and another dog that we have no idea how she will react around cats. It's been about 24 hours and we isolated her into a bedroom where she has been hiding under the bed. She has not eaten anything, but has used the litter box. She wouldn't come out from under the bed at all until this afternoon. She is being affectionate with me and my husband, and does seem curious about my dogs (smelling through the door). I do not want to introduce her to my dogs until she eats something and seems comfortable in the bedroom. So we have an adventure ahead of us introducing our animals to each other, but I do know my MIL would be happy to know that we are taking care of her kitty.

Tags
coronavirus, covid, covid-19, exercise routines, pandemic