Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-14-20, 04:49 PM  
Buzzer

Body beast chest... kinda done. Done good enough?
Body Beast legs... DONE!
floor pilates from crunch pilates with Ellen Barrett... DONE!

So I tried to do the chest. The first set, it was like my muscles were moving around in a not so good way. I felt it in my shoulder blades and my shoulder, where I injured it long long ago. I tried to keep going, but I was so afraid with how it felt that I was re-injuring it, so I stopped. I got through a few sets of chest work though, so that was good. I ended up just cutting it short and calling it a day.

I didn't feel injured the rest of the day, and even helped move some large logs without feeling like I was hurting myself.

So today I did BB legs. It was good! I actually went up in weight on the extensions and curls (I am not a purist on BB legs) and took my time on the rest. I loved it. I added on the crunch pilates on the floor just because that was the workout I was watching while I worked out. I liked that the floor work was short and sweet, so I rewound and did it. I still don't like Ellen though.

After I got back in the house, a blizzard started. Crazy wind, snow swirling and falling... it was insane. It lasted about 1/2 hour and has been going off and on all day. Pretty, but wow!!

so we cancelled working with the horse today, I just can't do wind cold and snow.

yesterday when we went over the lady didn't have LB work with the horses, she showed her how to chisel wood, sand it with a sander than was a bit too big for LB and threw her in circles, use a littler and more manageable sander, then use a log splitter. LB was in heaven! She loved it all! I told the lady I really appreciated her showing LB all of that, and she said she's happy to have someone help her with her chores. The lady likes to find cool pieces of wood andmake them into things, and bring out the colors in the wood. I think this might be a good person to be hanging out with for many reasons!! She said she's gonna turn LB in to a farm girl. I said ok with me!

Today we had a ton of stuff lined up, but have ended up with just a zoom call with her violin instructor, ballet, and now a birthday party in about 1/2 hour. I may run to Costco later for a jacket for DH and a fuzzy jacket for LB.

Eventmom: DH isn't closing his business this time. I think a lot of people aren't. we can be open and be safe, and we don't have a ton of walk in customers at any time anyhow. I do worry about the restaurants and bars. This is all just nuts.

I think you would be proud of LB doing all the chores. We are going to scoop poop next week again too. She is loving all of it! I think she might be a farm and ranch girl at heart!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 10:27 AM  
Buzzer

MTV yoga... DONE!
I do like this one. It's pretty straight forward, not a lot of vinyasas (for my crappy wrists), I feel stretched and worked, and it goes for maybe 35 minutes. It covers all the basis without being boring or too repetitive, or holding the poses too long. I like it.

I really tried to focus on stretching my legs since yesterday was leg day!!

The blizzard we had in the morning lasted pretty much all day off and on, so we cancelled going over to the horses. It was just too cold, snowy and windy. Today should be better, however there's a 4-H fun shoot that I want to take LB to, so I may have to call off the horses again today. I want to see if she enjoys instruction from a real instructor, not just me!

We went to the birthday party yesterday at about 3:30, and ended up staying until about 9:30 at night. It was a nice evening, and we got to know these neighbors a whole lot more. They are very nice people. LB was happy to stay, and play. Needless to stay we stayed too long and by the time we got home, LB had a snack, and got ready for bed, it was about 10:45/11:00. LB will sleep in today I hope! DH already is.

I woke up about 5am, which is late for me, and I have already worked out while they are still snoozing away. I wish I could do that!

The wind is still kicking up today, so we'll see if anything is still going on this afternoon anyhow. We may actually have a quiet day!

So we had a major incident on Friday afternoon I won't go much in to, but basically a threat to our family that was severe enough that the sheriff and FBI are involved. So if you could just send prayers or vibes or whatever our way, I sure would appreciate it!

Waves to both of you! I hope you are having a good weekend!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-15-20, 06:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

no time for full post but BUZZER so sorry whatever it was that happened. I hope you are all safe and secure. prayers/vibes you way.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 03:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

saturday -ttapp + some cardio
sunday - 20 min yoga, after I rode 12 min jessica smith cardio + 9 min qi gong
monday - joyce bottoms up gold + = upper body + 15 min kv cardio
today - Joyce BUG+ - lower body + back + 9 min qi gong

I think I'll do JV again later this week. I'm feeling plateaued so maybe something different will help.

buzzer - I hope everything is ok for your family. Sounds like LB is having a great experience with the horse.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-20-20, 08:09 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Back.. DONE!
Body Beast Arms... DONE!
Bob Harpers Yoga for the Warrior... DONE!

I have not been good with checking in. The days are flying by and I feel like I get nothing done. We are going to the horses almost every day, which is great! It's been a blast. LB has used a log splitter, is learning about wood, whittling, chiseling, sanding... we spent 3 hours there yesterday working with some wood. It's been amazing!

However she has done horrible on her math, yesterday she got EVERY problem wrong. EVERY one. Stuff she knows... addition and subtraction. I am at the end of my rope with so many things. I went off on her and told her we are going back a year if she can't do this stuff. I don't know if she's being lazy, just guessing, or if she really doesn't know this stuff. We have been playing a lot lately... the horse stuff, we met my Mom on Tuesday to pick up something we are doing for Christmas, and ended up spending the day with her (which is always worth losing a day of school for!), plus we do violin, Urban Air on Wednesday, and random play dates with friends. It is all adding up to us not doing enough quality work or something. I feel like I need to reset but don't have time to.

Plus the garage is stalled, the warm days are running out, the sunlight is gone except for what? 8 hours of the day, Christmas is coming and lockdowns are coming so we won't be able to Christmas shop except at big corporations on line... plus DH's shop facing lockdowns/restrictions, Thanksgiving days off from work/school, church cancellation of activities, trying to plan activities and parties for the kids since they won't get the pre-christmas fun stuff we all usually do, plus my crappy messy house keeps getting messier and crappier (currently it's a majorly clogged pipe in the kitchen sink we can't seem to unclog), cleaning, I don't seem to have time to cook... what's up with that???? , I don't get any days to myself anymore, so I am feeling completely overwhelmed by that.... the list goes on. I just feel like I am tightening down and ready to cry a lot.

The threat we had so far is staying at bay.. so that's good. Nothing more has happened, so hopefully it's either being resolved or resolved. It's in the hands of the law enforcement so we aren't getting a lot of info. Definitely added stress though. I am running to the windows every time the dogs bark, I hear a strange noise or a car goes by that sounds like it's stopping.

I am just ready to snap for sure though. Ugh.

My workouts are keeping me semi-sane. I look forward to them, and the yoga was much needed. I am pushing and focusing, and sad when the hour or 45 minutes is over. I am being less concerned to see results right now and just enjoying the meditation time (which is kinda what my workouts are).

So I will try to be better at checking in again. I'm backing off on a lot of fluff stuff I do in the morning to focus on getting other stuff done.

Sorry such a downer check in, I think I just needed to get it off my chest. Part of the reason I haven't been checking in is because I feel so overwhelmed it's just one more thing on my list. I need to see it as a necessity... like the easy thing to check off!!

Waves to both of you!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-20-20, 12:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wed - stretch essentrics + qi gong
thursday - joyce bottom ups gold + lower body + back
friday - joyce bug+ upper body + qi gong

buzzer - you sounds crazy busy! I'm glad the threat is staying at bay and I'm sure I'd be just as worried. Sorry lb had trouble with math, probable she just needs a refresher.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-21-20, 07:03 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!
Pilates for Men... some of it done because it looked fun.

I did my shoulders while watching the first disc of Pilates for Men. It was a basic pilates, like when I taught "Pilates for Beginners", but they were much more advanced in the exercises. I enjoyed watching it! So I did my shoulders, actually did less rests than I probably wanted to, and rewatched PFM and did lots of it with them. I skipped the planks, and just did the ab stuff. I liked it! I forgot how much I enjoy PFM. I remember really liking this one, and then the other two discs were much more difficult though!

I might add this one on to whatever I do today again.

So I gave LB one more chance with her math, made it serious, told her it's like a final exam, it's do or die time, either she does her best or she gets sent back a grade. guess what she did? LAZY mistakes! She did horrible! Now I know they are lazy mistakes and not because she doesn't know. I gave her things I KNOW she knows, and she gave me wrong answers. Like 24x2=? and she said "44". She could check with addition on that one, and she got it wrong. On one page, out of 9 problems, she got 5 wrong. I was beside myself. I lock myself in the bathroom whenever I get way too upset, and so I got up and locked myself in the bathroom. She knocked on the door and I said "If I were you, I would leave me alone"

So today, instead of doing a game night tonight with friends, we are staying home. She has ballet this morning, and we will do that then spend the day at home working on school.

I was so beside myself upset! She has had a big privilege of hers taken away, so hopefully it has an impact.

We did spend 2 1/2 hours at the ladies house, training the horse who was so nice yesterday! Then she and LB chiseled wood, I sanded, LB sanded, and we had a nice time. It helped me calm down a bit, because I was very wound up!

LB did try out a new martial arts studio with her homeschool friends yesterday too. We get 2 weeks free, so I will check how expensive they are and maybe re-enroll her in martial arts. I'd like her to take it anyhow.

So my shoulder workout was good, I feel it today. I really felt my biceps yesterday. Today I will probably do a yoga and the PFM (it's only 20 something minutes).

Eventmom: I don't know what's up with LB. Some of the stuff she's missing is stuff we just learned and she got easy, can even check her work (like the example I gave above). Maybe with the lockdown we will slow it all down and refocus. This is one I honestly don't know what to do on. LB usually is so good and careful and attentive! I guess she is growing up. I know we will hit rocks in the road, but this soon? ugh. We will get through it.

So from what I understand, pre-covid times, the guy who threatened us would have been arrested. Now covid times? he will probably get a "hey, don't do that" visit. That's helpful (where's the eye roll guy?)
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-22-20, 01:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

sat - a little yoga, went to a horse trial, got home pretty early did ttapp basic + & qi gong.
today - firm vol. 3

buzzer - sorry about lb, I'm sure once you refocus she'll get right back to it. sorry about the guy not getting arrested, I know the prisons in OK are basically super spreader events and who knows what legal risk the prison system is taking when they hold someone and they get sick.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-22-20, 03:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

The last couple of weeks I have been the busiest ever with work, I landed a big interview and was preparing big time for it, and finally had it last Friday. And I think it went well! I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to check in earlier. I was 100% focused on work. I got in all my workouts this week but they were shorter and easier to get me through the stressful week. Then I've been eating like crazy (crazy badly) the last couple of days, so trying to take it easier today and get in some clean eating.

Wednesday-Fitprime Crunch Time with Tamela, one of my favorites!

Thursday-Firm BSS2 Body Sculpt something, the 35 minute strength workout led by Nancy Tucker. This is one of my favorites of the BSS set.

Friday-Firm Express Strength 3 and Firm Zip Trainer Cardio 2 both with Allison, the same combination I did about a month ago and felt really energized. I thought it would be a good workout for pre-interview and it was!

Yesterday-Firm Tough Tape 2, another favorite!

Today-Youtube Zumba and Pure Barre Resistance Series #3, which is definitely the easiest of the set but that was perfect for today.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are rest days and hopefully I'll feel better mentally and physically next week (I made myself sick yesterday with a lot of cheesecake) to push myself a little harder again.

Buzzer I'm soooo sorry to hear about the threat to your family, and will keep you in my prayers I really hope your family has been able to stay safe since the threat occurred last week. I am so, so sorry to hear that he may not even receive any real punishment for what he did I've heard all about the complications of people not going to prison, or staying in prison, due to Covid outbreaks

Eventmom waves!
Old 11-24-20, 07:22 AM  
Buzzer

Pilates for Men.. DONE!
Walk Away the Pounds 3 miles... DONE!
Body Beast Chest... DONE!
Body Beast Back... DONE!

I guess I'm a little behind! The body beasts are still feeling hard. I am dropping some of my weight because it's too tough. I guess taking the two weeks off wasn't so good for me weight wise! It was good for me mentally and also I feel like my body healed during that time. Now I'm tearing it apart again

I did the Pilates for men which was about 25 minutes and the Leslie together. I used a playground ball to help with the pilates. I was laughing at myself because they were showing one guy and calling him the "beginners follow" guy, and I was going more beginner than he was. I worked my hardest though, and vow to be able to do the beginner modifications some day!

We now have our tree up, our lights up outside, we have bluetooth on one of those spotlight thingies that puts lights on the house and trees so I keep putting Christmas music on whenever I think of it... we are ready for Christmas. This morning I woke up, and although I knew it was going to snow a bit, I did a double take when I looked out because there's at least 3 inches already! it's snowing like mad too! I love it. I want to turn on the outside lights because I love outside lights in the snow, however I don't want to go out in the cold!

I have most of my Christmas shopping done because if we lockdown we can't do it, and I have heard a lot of other people say the same. This Christmas hopefully will be good for the stores, even if they get shut down.

Yesterday we did a little bit of school, then the horses, then we went to Urban Air. I thought we would be done at 3 when our reservation was done there, but we ended up I took LB and two of her friends over to her friends' house since the Mom went to the dentist, hung out there, then took them all to Karate at 5:30. We finally got home about 7, and I was pooped. We had shredded steak and cheese chimichangas for dinner (frozen) because I just couldn't think of anything quick I could do. So we had processed food for all three meals. I was a championship Mom for sure. Today I vow to do better!!

We only have the horse scheduled for today, since it's snowing, so it'll be a slower day and we can get more school done.

Eventmom: I'm glad horse trials are still going on! A little normalcy is good. Although I am not sure we will ever know normal again, and that makes me kinda sad. It's nuts.

Ebianco: Welcome back! Congratulations on the interview! I hope it works out for you. A good step in a great direction I hope, or at least motivation to keep trying to find what works for you best! I LOVE cheesecake. I have definitely eaten way too much of it before though. But man, sometimes that's worth it! I hope that now that Christmas is on it's way, you can slow down a bit. Maybe just driving a few minutes out of your way to ponder some Christmas lights will help. I am sad for you that work didn't slow down at the beginning of November like you anticipated. It was like the carrot got moved, and that's hard to deal with. I think of you lots and LB and I still pray for "my friend that has so much going on that she finds some peace and relief soon"

So today is sit in and be quiet day. Do school. Stare at the lights. Do some violin. Just a slow day. However, I say that a lot and we always end up on the run. Today with the snow, I hope I mean it!! Oh, I also will be doing a pilates or a yoga. The body beast chest workout and back workout have made my muscles sore! It's so strange to me that taking two weeks off has almost like it's set me back a lot. I'm not understanding the "I'm not in my not 20's or 30's" body!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14