Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-20, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning everyone!

Yesterday I was sore from the gym and tired from work so I crafted a nourishing routine from Glo:

~ Lee Holden Tao Yin class 1-4, Empowered Core
~ Kit Rich Standing Abs & Core Pilates

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 09:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

DONNA, I couldn't venture out for a walk yesterday either. I just wasn't mentally prepared for that cold and wind. Today is more moderate so I hope to get out for a walk later. Glad to hear your foot handled the Leslie workout.

PAT, looks like a nice routine.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 07:30 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Beautiful weather. A nice 2 mile walk. Then some 'wake up the glutes moves'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ox0WssrsI

Some wall pushups and some ab work. The 3rd exercise was effective.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-FqEy51ugE

I'm about to do some YOQI for the lungs.

Donna-good that your foot is healed.

Summer Breeze- keep warm! There's so much to do inside.

Pat- those look like some great core classes. Good find.

Take care everyone

Ros
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did a mix of Jessica Valent's workouts -

- 10 Min Abs that I missed from yesterday
- Pilates Barre workout (from her calendar)
- Barre for Inner Thighs (also from her calendar)
- 10 Min Stretch workout

Whew...

And, I must rush b/c I got a late start this morning.

I'm thinking about starting Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays rotation on Monday. But, we shall see when Monday arrives, LOL!

Be back later - happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The 501!!! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-20, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Let's try again - good morning and TGIF!!

Last night I was bushed again after work. I wonder if the darkness has something to do with my lack of desire to get in a workout when I get home? Anyway, for a change I did Ravi Ana's Quick Fixes, the Power Surge Warm-Ups and Delete Depression segments, which seemed appropriate.

Rose your walk sounds nice. Thank your for the glute strength link, I bookmarked it. Glute strengthening is a major part of my PT.

Summer Breeze it was way to cold to enjoy a walk yesterday! We had am amazing sunset and it was disappointing not to be able to run down to the beach for it.

Good morning to Donna!

Is anyone else dealing with COVID blues over Thanksgiving next week? I'm not even in the mood to cook and am trying to come up with a solution. DS will visit for a socially distant walk if that's doable, but he is not coming in the house. Maybe I can find a place to order boxed dinners from so I can hand his out the door. I'm going to miss gathering with family for pie in the afternoon too. But, so many are suffering so much greater losses and hardships than us, so I'm trying to just be grateful which is the true meaning of the day.

Sending a hug to anyone who needs it!
Old 11-20-20, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

It's supposed to get near 60 degrees today so I am planning a walk and hope to get back to MR too.

ROSE, nice abs routine. I tried that 3rd ab exercise, nice! I can see where that would be effective. KCM did something similar on the floor in one of her older workouts (NYC?) and I found it effective. I can do weight workouts and pilates workouts but I just can't find an indoor cardio routine I can stick with that's why I love my outdoor walks.

DONNA, those Jessica Valant workouts look very nice. I think I tried her before on your recommendation, I should check her out again.

PAT, I definitely think the time change and shorter days affect motivation and energy.
We have a couple of milder days coming up so I hope to get out there and enjoy my walks. ETA - We were posting at the same time and I missed your Covid blues comment. Yes it's tough with the holidays coming up for sure. I know my sister is staying home and not getting together with her daughters and grandchildren and she's very down about it. I always worked on Thanksgiving so I'm kind of just looking forward to being home with my immediate family, that's a treat for me, but I do understand how difficult it is for others. Hugs to you!

Old 11-21-20, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

The weather was lovely yesterday and we have another mild day coming up so I am planning another walk. I'm kind of slumping on the weights and pilates though.

Old 11-21-20, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Last night I was craving some easy going, upright and barefoot movement so I dusted off Bernadette Giorgi's Attitude Tu. I decided to keep it. On my lunch break I also made myself go for a walk. Gold star!

Summer - I'm slumping in the weights department, my goal is to lift at least four times weekly. So tired after work! Enjoy your walk today. I'm driving to the beach in about 15 minutes!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Old 11-21-20, 08:38 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Just a house walk and ....that's it! I'm in a serious workout slump. Seems like I'm not the only one.

Pat- Oh, I feel ya! It is such a stressful time. Usually working out is an antidote to depression but it's not working. On that glutes video I linked, did you try the move with the feet pressed together while lifting into bridge? That hurt my ankles, not sure if I'll try it again.

Summer Breeze- It's not the same but maybe your sister's family can facetime? I'll try and do that this year. I hope you can get out and walk.

We all need to be easy on ourselves. I'm not a big carb eater but this week I've been eating cookies, and bread and all sorts of carbs at night. And they taste great! Who knew? It's time to be kind in this time of stress and uncertainty.

Have a good rest of the weekend. I hope to get back on track workout wise on Monday.

Waves to Donna

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad