Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-20, 02:21 PM  
Gams

I had a friend who received 2 notices about an upcoming cleaning. On the day of his appointment he drove to the dentist’s office and was told they currently aren’t seeing anyone in his age group because of the virus. I would have been a little ticked after receiving reminders in the mail, but he took it very well.

I’m done with most humans, not all, but most of them. This nonstop hostility is driving me nuts.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 03:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
I just had my cleaning last week. You call from the parking lot. They get you when it is time for your appointment. No one in the waiting room. (I think they let those who walk or ride a bike wait inside in bad weather. It's a suburban office so most people drive there.) They check your temperature before you go in. Everyone is masked and/or wearing face shields. I felt pretty safe. I have some gum issues so I really didn't want to miss my cleaning.
Just had my cleaning yesterday. The procedure was exactly the same. One interesting thing with my appointment was that my dentist did the cleaning and not the dental hygienist who always did it for as long as I've been a patient there. There were no hygienists in the office at all. I have to have some work done and have already scheduled couple of appointments in advance for next month.
Old 07-14-20, 03:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post

I’m done with most humans, not all, but most of them. This nonstop hostility is driving me nuts.
I'm so with you on this!
Old 07-14-20, 03:44 PM  
CharM

I had x-rays and cleaning last week and my experience is the same as what's been mentioned. You call before you're allowed in, a mask must be worn until you get in your chair, staff in PPE, no one in the waiting room, temperature is checked before getting to the chair, I had to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution before getting in my chair, and my dentist did cleaning by hand, no tools used, and no water spraying around of course. There was also hand sanitizer available, so I used a squirt before and after.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:02 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

My regular cleaning is coming up in a few weeks. I'm not concerned. My dentist has always been impeccable with hygiene. I feel safer there than the grocery store.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:19 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm so with you on this!
Yes, hanging with our cats is preferred to some humans now!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 04:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

I just came from there ..same protocol as others: temp/interview in vehicle, with filters everywhere and no one in waiting room. Staff with face shields and masks and wearing extra disposable garments.

I knew if she was open then she was doing everything possible to keep us all safe. I have eliminated so much but I gotta take care of these fangs.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 05:01 PM  
Erica H.

I was surprised when I went to mine because they were doing very little.

My college roommate is a dentist with her own practice and they spent an enormous amount of money when they reopened to make things as safe as possible.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 05:27 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

The place I go just reopened for routine cleanings a few weeks ago. I already had a routine cleaning appointment set up from pre-pandemic times, and it worked out that the appointment happened about a week ago so wasn't cancelled.

The dental office did just about everything mentioned above (face masks, forehead temps, wiping down door handles and the little counter where you pay after each patient, hand sanitizer, wiping down the chairs/rooms in between patients, special air purifiers everywhere, grilling me about my health, etc. etc.). However, they DID NOT enforce social distancing in the small waiting room, which was really odd compared to all of the other waiting rooms I've been in. All the usual chairs were crammed in there and there was no waiting in your car for your appointment or a 6-foot rule. I was uncomfortable with that aspect but I really wanted my teeth cleaned. And this is an $$$ place.

The other two things that were different were that I had to swish with hydrogen peroxide/water in my mouth for a certain length of time before the hygienist began the cleaning AND my hygienist couldn't use her favorite tool on me--the ultrasonic thing. Instead, she could only use regular instruments. Usually she uses the ultrasonic tool first and then uses regular instruments a little bit afterward. But the ultrasonic kind of sprays/aerosolizes a fine mist of water everywhere while it's cleaning my teeth so I understand why she's not allowed to use it now. (But it was so great for my gums in the back!)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 06:45 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I had an appointment next week for a check-up and cleaning but the office called me and asked if I wanted to cancel. I thought that was odd, so I cancelled because it kind of freaked me out. I don't know when I'll go, but any office where I can't wear a mask is not a place I want to be for now. I'm going to see how things are with the virus in the next couple of weeks and take it from there.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, dentist