Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-20, 01:49 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks, Rivercat. Some days it all feels real and some days it doesn't.

Going to stores wipes me out now too. But I fet that sometimes even before covid.
If I have to go to the store, grocery store, Target, gas station I try and do it early in the morning before most of the people are out. I have a CVS Pharmacy that I like to visit to but it's usually dead anyway. It does help some....

I just noticed you are in MN too...
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Taramisu, I would try to go early but I find that if I don't workout right after I walk my dog it's likely it won't happen, especially after shopping!

I hadn't realized you were in MN either. I grew up up north but am in the southern part of the state now. I miss up north!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 04:42 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, I'm almost glad I live in NJ, even though it's the second hardest hit state. They are NOT playing here. People are being very respectful of masks and rules. At least, where I've been in NJ. Can't speak for the whole state, but from people I've been talking to across the state, my experience has been their experience. The only place I don't see people wearing masks is when they are in their own yard doing yard work or getting the mail or something. Oh, I did see a small gathering of less than 10 people at the park playing volleyball, but they were keeping up with social distancing. Which made for a very odd volleyball game lol.

Donna I'm very sorry for all you are going through right now. Big hugs honey! Just know you are not alone. You may want to see if your therapist will do virtual sessions, if that will help.
Thanks, Bubbles. I know you are having a rough time, too! Hugs to you!! I've been talking to my therapist on the phone, but it's not working out very well and I don't think she's very good. However, my choices are very limited in my rural area, so I'm thinking I either have to just make do with her or do without. I'm almost ready for the latter. I feel better talking out my problems with a couple of good friends that I keep in touch with. And, of course, I am offering my support to them, too. This situation isn't easy for any of us!
Old 06-26-20, 05:51 PM  
Leonana

I'm sleeping better than I was a couple of weeks ago. Although, our state opened up a month ago, and numbers are going up.

I've learned that I won't exercise if I don't do it first thing in the morning. So being consistent with that has helped. Also, I started eating healthier. I think controlling what I eat helps me de-stress, because I have control over something. Eating healthier also makes me feel better.

I deleted the FB app off of my phone, and only check it once a day on my main computer. I rarely read the news. Both of those things relieved a lot of stress.
Old 06-27-20, 06:24 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Kinda hate posting

Cuz I know it lives on in the archives forever. and ever and ever.

But, It is what it is. I am definitely over exhausted ALL the time. I have no motivation, I haven't gotten anything done that I want to around the house and I have no desire to do it. I hate all things COVID and what it's taken from me and the worst part is? There's not a dang thing I can do about it. I am cranky. I hate stupid people. I have no patience.

I follow the rules, I social distance, only shop about once every 3 weeks, most of my ordering is done online. I wear my mask. I also work in the dental field and we reopened the day after Memorial Day and have been going SO STRONG ever since. I am actually surprised!!! I am surprised at the amount of people who are FINE coming to a dental office to have their teeth cleaned. We do take all the necessary precautions (and many many more) to keep our patients and employees safe, but still. I come home with a headache, scratchy throat from talking through a mask and plexiglass (at a higher volume, cuz people just can't hear me ~ and trust me - I have a LOUD voice!!!) I am probably dehydrated because I can't/don't drink as much due to the mask. And I am emotionally and psychologically DRAINED by the time I get home. I have such admiration for all those who work in the healthcare field.

To top it off? My mother passed (3 weeks ago) and I couldn't even be with her (she was in FL not covid related, just her time and she lived a long life) but the bottom line is? I had hopped on a plane over the last 3-4 years every time there was a "close call" or a "this is it" moment to be with her. And this time?? I couldn't . We are supposed to have a memorial service which we pushed off to the future (and I'm sooooooooo glad we did, we would have been there last week otherwise!) but I am still not certain we'll be going. I will not jeopardize my family's health for a service. I will do one up here if need be. The thought of air travel and going to FL just doesn't make sense to me right now. Even if we drive, there's issues. AND now we'd have to quarantine for 14 days when we got home anyway!!! I haven't practiced all the rules for the last few months (in NJ) only to go to FL and get sick. no, no, no.

We are empty nesters at this point in life, so our lifestyle hasn't been that impacted. We don't go many places anyway. BUT ... I miss seeing my (adult) children.

So much has changed. and I don't see it getting much better for the rest of the year. Thank heavens for my workouts. (specifically my Peloton and my Power Zone challenges) as I cannot let my team down, so I definitely have workouts in check. I am also working with a company and a nutritional coach, so I've dropped a significant amount of weight, but the last 3 weeks have not been so good. (And I know it's due to life circumstances) and I have to crawl back up and on the wagon.

So yeah ... I'm really really exhausted ALL the time.
I see from reading this thread, I am not alone.

AS Mom would say: This too shall pass.
I just don't know when.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 09:15 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I’m so sorry about your Mom, Cleda.
Old 06-27-20, 10:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

(((Hugs))) Cleda!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

This is the time ...

I wish that VF had a like button!!!

Thanks to both of you ....

Ironically, I discovered I read a LOT here at VF (I just don't comment too much!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
"Paranoids, extremists and conspiracy theorists"; you just listed all of my co-workers. They are seriously wearing me out which is why I am so tired.
I'm grateful that I can hide at home. I can't imagine the stress of having to work with some of these nutjobs.

Speaking of "paranoids, extremists and conspiracy theorists," this story caught my eye:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...ok/ar-BB162sZ4

I used to work as a cashier, so I can relate to being stuck behind a counter and having to deal with the public.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 11:13 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Kinda hate posting too

Very sorry for your loss, Cleda.

My family is in a similar situation. My mom's in a nursing home, and we haven't been able to see her since March. Zoom visits don't work because she's both sight and hearing impaired. We're now allowed (closed) window visits over the phone. Her health is declining, and she's sliding into dementia. I fully expect that she will pass without having had any physical contact with her family. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I also miss seeing my (grown) children and grandchildren. So yes, I'm completely and utterly exhausted.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress