Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-20, 01:01 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Love this show. My mom and I have been watching since the earlier movies and it's just so nice. Even when there's a "bad" character, they're usually treated with kindness.

I've rediscovered Friday Night Lights and am halfway through S4 which is about where I left off a few years ago, though I went back to the beginning of the season to recall all the details. It's so good and nearly every episode has something that makes me cry.
Yay, more fans!

I loved Friday Night Lights too, and I'm not a football fan either! I have seen all the seasons.
Old 09-21-20, 03:17 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I'm rewatching the first three seasons of the Crown. Season 4 drops in November! Despite the extraordinary crappiness of 2020, we have something to look forward to!
I watched the first 2 seasons of The Crown a couple of years ago, but haven't started Season 3 yet and did not know that Season 4 is coming in November! What I hope to do is re-watch Seasons 1 and 2, then watch Seasons 3 and 4 come November. I know I'll be in for a huge treat! Thank you for the November reminder!
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 03:29 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Indeed!!!

Thanks to whomever it was here who recommended Keeping Faith. I'm almost through season 1 -- it's so good!!
For anyone who wishes to watch the first season of Keeping Faith, it's on Amazon Prime Video thru September 30.

Both seasons are on Acorn TV. I've just put a hold at my local library (pick up service) for Season 2 (which I've read is not quite as good, but I still would like to watch Season 2).

P.S. For those of you that have seen Season 1, isn't the main female lead quite a character? I don't know anyone like her.
Old 09-21-20, 03:54 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yay, more fans!

I loved Friday Night Lights too, and I'm not a football fan either! I have seen all the seasons.
A couple of years ago, I purchased Season 1 of Friday Night Lights at the Dollar Tree for $1.00. I haven't watched it yet, but with you guys raving about it, I think I'm going to pull it out and watch it before 2020 is over.

btw, has anyone seen the 2004 movie Friday Night Lights? I have not and am wondering if I should watch the movie before the television series.
Old 09-21-20, 10:45 PM  
Leonana

I don’t think you need to watch the movie first. I haven’t seen it. I think the tv series is another version of the storyline in the movie.
Old 09-22-20, 10:31 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm very much not a fan of football anymore given what we know now about brain injuries, etc. but the show does such a great job of showing how something that is so woven into the fabric of a community affects everyone for better or for worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
btw, has anyone seen the 2004 movie Friday Night Lights? I have not and am wondering if I should watch the movie before the television series.
No need! I caught maybe 3 minutes on tv a few years ago but wasn't engrossed enough to sit down and watch. I have thought about reading the original book, though.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 03:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
For anyone who wishes to watch the first season of Keeping Faith, it's on Amazon Prime Video thru September 30.

Both seasons are on Acorn TV. I've just put a hold at my local library (pick up service) for Season 2 (which I've read is not quite as good, but I still would like to watch Season 2).

P.S. For those of you that have seen Season 1, isn't the main female lead quite a character? I don't know anyone like her.
Yes, great strong character!!
Old 09-22-20, 09:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I'm rewatching the first three seasons of the Crown. Season 4 drops in November! Despite the extraordinary crappiness of 2020, we have something to look forward to!
Oh wonderful news! I just finished season 3. I had watched most of it with DH then we stopped for some reason. Last week I needed a break from all the bad news so I watched the last 3 episodes. I got totally absorbed and wasn't tempted to check my phone. I was sorry I didn't have any more episodes to look forward to so I am happy to hear another season is on its way. But I want it NOW. Maybe I will watch it again from the beginning.

I was actually checking this thread for ideas on what to watch. I did watch Unorthodox while recovering from foot surgery but that was only 3 or 4 episodes.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 01:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Just finished binge-watching the original Twin Peaks (1990). After watching the movie, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, I'm going to start on Twin Peaks: The Return (2017).

In the original show, the ill-fated Laura Palmer says to Agent Dale Cooper, "I'll see you in 25 years."

And so she did!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 01:39 PM  
Carol K

I have one more episode of Before We Die Season 2. I'm on season 4 of Frankie Drake Mysteries and I'm going to start season 2 of Seaside Hotel soon. And I'm watching Call the Midwife Season 10 and Grantchester Season 6.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic