Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-20, 08:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Monday!
(although now I can't not think of it as "Moan-day" like Pat, haha)

It's tough going "back" to work (from home) after 5 days off, but at least the semester is starting to wind down. I am still pretty busy this week and next, but not quite as harried.

Margot, glad my video left you feeling good! Some of my live classes don't include any down dogs; I also always try to mention puppy pose or child's pose as options. Low motivation is understandable, especially considering being locked down.

cyana those penguins were adorable! Hope that your back is feeling better and that you don't get too slammed at work this week.

Pam, I'm sure you get in a lot of informal "hikyoga" on your own.

Sandra, hope that Margaret arrives safely and correctly!

Paine, Diana's story is certainly a sad one.

Sending lost of positive vibes and well-wishes to Linda on her surgery day!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 08:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey, those of you with CS Season 12, do you have a fave episode? It's free until today, so I'm going to try out at least one:
https://www.essentricstv.com/classic...ging-backwards

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-30-20, 09:24 AM  
Garrie A.

Yesterday I "reunited" with Burr Leonard and The Bar Method: Change Your Body. I have DOMS in the upper outer part of my glutes as well as my hamstrings this morning.

Cyana: I love that feature of Windows 10 and have gotten some pretty pictures on my lock screens.

Linda: My new breakfast obsession is pumpkin pancakes. I found an easy recipe online (https://breakingthefatlosscode.com/b...otein-pancake/). A few years ago I owned Suzanne's first BarreAmped workout and while I thought she gave excellent form pointers, I felt as if there was too much set-up time. I've previewed her Fire Extreme Sculpt and it looks as if it flows much better. Sending you best wishes in regards to your surgery! (((HUGS)))

Beth: I would love to go on a Hikyoga. The gym I teach at did a similar class last year.

Sherry: I'm personally not a huge fan of TIFTTing (except for Christi Taylor because her choreo is so much fun), although now that I'm a group exercise instructor myself I've learned to look at it in a more positive light. I was able to see my SO the past two weekends.

Welcome Margot/Twigs! The older Firm workouts are some of my all time favorite workouts--especially Volume 1, the Cardio/Strength Cross Trainers, and the Tortoise/Hare Cross Trainers (well, anything with Tracie ). My workouts help me stay sane during these crazy times.

Pat: Your hike sounds lovely! I also have a blog, which I mostly use to review workout DVDs.

Sandra: I hope you enjoy your Margaret DVDs. I was tempted on a few (Give Me Strength, The Spark, and Maggie) but decided to pass on them and get some Body By Simone DVDs. One day I might spring for the downloads.

Waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 09:43 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margo, I've had motivation to workout issues too. If I didn't have this check-in, I'd probably give up and stop working out.
I think Margaret charges too much for her streaming.

Pam, I never knew that Diana's father had custody of her and her siblings and I also didn't know Diana had a difficult relationship with her stepmother so that explains a lot. I was repulsed by Charles in Season 4. We will never know how factual Season 4 is but the way Charles was portrayed was repulsive to me.

Beth, I don't like CS Season 12! It's my least favorite season. The only episodes I liked were 1213, 1214 and 1229.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's not too moanful of a Moan Day here since I took today and tomorrow off. Yesterday featured:

~ Oivia Hsu Post Hiking Stretch
~ Lee Holden Tao Yin Connection and Integration (finishing program 101)
~ GYM for 15 minutes recumbent; leg press, chest and back; dumbbells for bis, tris and shoulders

Paine - I need a check-in, too. I would never have this much accountability without VF. I also think MR's streaming is very expensive!

Garrie - I will have to check out your blog. I should incorporate more health related stuff in mine, too. Thanks for the pumpkin pancakes!

Cyana, the Soldier Field penguins are adorable! Thank you!

Everyone have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I remember you not liking that season! I might try 1229 - it's described as "advanced" and includes arms work.

Garrie, yum on the pumpkin pancakes! Any updates on your bookstore boss?

Pat I was thinking that this might be a recumbent bike day for me too (at home).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-30-20, 11:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Ballet Beautiful Classic: (Outer Thigh; Inner Thigh; Arms)
Shiva Rea Flow Yoga for Beginners (#3 Relaxing Flexibility Flow)

I really love Shiva's 10 minute Relaxing Flexibility Flow segment! It felt so good for my hips, butt and hamstrings. I don't like any of the other practices on that DVD but I like the Relaxing Flexibility Flow so much that it's worth keeping this dvd just for that segment.

Pat, enjoy your days off work!

Beth, if you do CS 1229, let us know what you think.
Old 11-30-20, 11:14 AM  
Margot

Garrie - The classic Firms are my all-time favourites too! I still have the original 6 volumes on VHS and will never part with them. I think I was in the best shape of my life when I was doing them. I even had visible muscles then. I bought everything the FIRM released for years - all the 'Parts', which were just re-mixes but still loved them anyway! Tracie Long (love her too) also brought out some DVDs and you've inspired me to do the workout with Susan Harris on the large ball. Do I remember correctly that you like Patrick Goudeau too? I was mad on step workouts and absolutely loved the step workouts that Patrick, Rob and Darren produced.
I'm so happy you were able to see your SO. It's tough when you can't see your loved ones.

Beth - I'm with Paine; Season 12 was my least favourite season. I wish they had offered some of the recent 'Live' classes for people to try instead. I let my subscription lapse for a while but really enjoyed those classes. The instruction was superb.
Old 11-30-20, 11:22 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
Season 12 was my least favourite season. I wish they had offered some of the recent 'Live' classes for people to try instead.
Margot, I completely agree!
Old 11-30-20, 11:26 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Paine & Beth - I haven’t done CS season 12 a lot. I tend to do the newer ETV workouts & my PCWs. I’ve also taken zoom classes with a few different instructors.

Margot & Paine - interesting but not surprising that the palace is not amused by this new season of The Crown. Margot, I’ll be curious to hear your take on Season 4. IMO it is more controversial than the other seasons. I agree that our check in helps with motivation, especially these days.

Beth - Yes I guess I do get some hikyoga on my walks in the form of a moving meditation of sorts.

Cyana - Loved the penguins, thanks for the smile!

Garrie - I’m happy you were able to spend time with your SO!

Pat - Enjoy your days off!

I won’t be walking today unless the weather changes, it’s very windy & rainy. There are some power failures nearby, hoping we don’t have one. Back later to post my workouts....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote