Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-27-20, 12:24 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~25 min rebounding
~Neighbourhood walk - It was a chilly blustery day, but the rain held off.
~Beth’s Gentle Active Yoga focused on perfectionism - This was lovely & thoughtful Beth! It definitely encourages one to be more body aware.

Hi Garrie! Sorry you’re dealing with the Covid blues too, it’s definitely taking its toll on us. (((Hugs))). That was so kind of you to take dinner to your family who couldn’t join you. Wishing your boss a full & speedy recovery. Enjoy your Firms, revisiting old favourites can be comforting

Cyana - So much is out if our control these days & it’s hard to be separated from family. Walking outdoors is a sanity saver for me, either by the sea or in the forest if possible. I hope you get some well deserved R&R & more sunny weather on your days off.

Sandra - Congrats on finishing Jessica’s rotation!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! We laid low key day yesterday, and didn't leave the house except when DH and I walked before dinner and then a short one after. We all made the best of it with a Zoom family meet up. Some were eating pie, drinking coffee or wine, I was chopping vegetables Julia Child style in front of my phone. My sheetpan chicken thighs and Brussels sprouts and Instant Pot sweet potatoes turned out great. I will repeat the sheetpan recipe but use a roaster, double the Brussels and add fennel slices.

I hope everyone had a good day. Sending hugs wherever needed.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 01:15 PM  
cyana

Happy Friday - it's great to be able to celebrate Friday all day long and not just after logging off the computer after working for however many hours. The sun is shining again today, and even though it isn't going to be quite as warm as yesterday, I'm going to head out this afternoon for a walk. I'm thinking hills will be on the walking menu today. That's one nice thing about my neighborhood - I can do a totally flat walk or incorporate multiple hill intervals. Options are always good for someone with chronic exercise ADD.

I got an email from Kat at MFML this morning and she's posted some practices from Ana Forrest on the site. Here's a link to Ana's web site - https://forrest.yoga Apparently her partner - Jose Calarco - is now her yoga partner as well as her life partner. There is a Forrest instructor on MFML, but to be candid, her practices haven't been my favorites. There are some new instructors I need to check out, including one who does barre.

If anyone is looking for yoga tights, Sweet Legs has multiple items on sale for 50% off. I've ordered some tights with happy prints to wear over the dark dreary winter. They may also become my work wardrobe and pajamas, LOL!

Garrie - I'm sorry you weren't able to enjoy your normal holiday get-together, but I'm sure the recipients of some good Southern cooking were grateful to have a tasty dinner. I miss those big family holiday gatherings. I'll be interested to hear what you put together if you decide to do a Firm mini-rotation. Sending healing thoughts to your co-worker - hopefully she doesn't have to have a second surgery.

Pat - Your sheet pan meal sounded yummy. Brussels sprouts are on the menu here today, too. When I was putting the turkey breast into the brine last night, I realized it was in two pieces, so I'm going to have to be careful not to overcook it. On a positive note, it means it won't take long to get dinner on the table.

Pam - Your post about the chilly blustery walk reminds me I need to switch out the warm and cold weather clothes this week-end and get prepared for some chilly walks - brrrrrr. I had a hair cut earlier this week and my hairdresser cut my hair fairly short, so I'll need to make sure I dig out some fleece ear bands and other headgear. My ears do NOT like those cold windy winter walks!

Sandra - Congratulations for finishing up Jessica's rotation - and enjoying it is definitely the icing on the cake.

Sherry - Are you still doing the free Team Body Project membership versus the paid option? I haven't done my favorite short work-out with "Superstition" this week, so I need to get that in before I break my string. That's such a fun, short work-out.

For the people using Windows 10 - you know how the different photographs pop up when you're starting up? My current one is from Cornwall and it made me think of Margot/Twigs, who used to check in with us on the Yoga CrossTrainers thread, as she's from the UK. Like Pat and Pam, her walks always sounded so delightful (whether she was home or visiting other parts of the country). I keep hoping she'll pop in to say hello one day. And speaking of Cornwall, these pictures were on The Guardian yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...wn-in-pictures I absolutely love the name of this cold water swimming group - The Blue T-i-t-s!!! (OMG, had to get creative with the spelling as the "bad word blocker" had turned it into a string of asterisks.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 01:56 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I did some Essentrics to get the old lady kinks out. I also did Beth's gratitude to heal meditation (2nd time).

Garrie, I completely understand the covid blues. I'm sending you hugs!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 04:05 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - Jerry was the Native American. My new man's mother was Native American.

cyana - I liked that video! I bought 3 pears today

Garrie - sorry to hear about your manager. Stay safe down there. It's getting worse up here, too. I think they should shut down the whole state.

We didn't have pancakes yesterday. We had soup and French fries. I thawed sausage to go with his pancakes so he's getting that tonight whether he wants it or not.

I had a pre-surgery covid test this morning. She didn't try to reach my brain but it burned my nostrils so bad I had tears running down my face. The man was laughing at me but he has another test at work on Wednesday before he comes to help me for a week. He'll get his. They'll either go to his brain or burn his nostrils. If they do a mouth swab like Beth had I'll be very upset.

I'll be doing lower body barre later when he lifts weights. I'll do Barreamped I think. He'll be leaving me in the morning to go to work tomorrow night

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 07:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, glad you have some time off work and got to enjoy the mild weather! I can't believe it's late November. RE Ana Forrest, I remember years ago when people were raving about her here on VF - I didn't like the one DVD of hers that I tried.

Linda, sorry I was confused--I think I knew that! Are there a lot of Native American people in your area? I'm trying to learn more about this area; so many of the counties, buildings, etc. are named after tribes and famed NA members.

Aww, Garrie, sorry to hear about your manager at the bookstore; I hope she has a quick recovery. It's hard to see the rising covid cases and know that it's likely to get worse as people continue to have holiday gatherings. Your family handled things well--how sweet of you to take dinner to other relatives!

Pat, glad to hear that you were another who had a non-turkey Thanksgiving!

I went to Hikyoga with my friend today. It probably didn't get higher than 50*, but we were comfortable moving around, and it was great to be outside near water! (I second Pam's desire to be near the sea, although it's a large lake in my case.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 11:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me....

Today’s workouts:
~Barre3 freebie workout on their website - contemplating their Black Friday streaming deal
~Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit zoom workout: Integration
~Gentle yoga stretches & active release

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-28-20, 04:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: 5 Minute Yoga (BEST Morning Yoga for Beginners In Just 5 MINUTES!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw-T...l=YogaWithBird
Essentrics

Beth, your Hikyoga with a friend sounds fun.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 04:05 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, I have not ordered the upcoming Bellyfit classes yet. I wanted to ask if they have a lot of "take it from the top" during the cardio? I am not a fan of that. Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 06:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Pam, I have not ordered the upcoming Bellyfit classes yet. I wanted to ask if they have a lot of "take it from the top" during the cardio? I am not a fan of that. Thanks!
There’s always some TIFTTing, but it varies and I think it’s generally a bit less than her earlier ones. The 1 hour workouts I’ve done lately are cardio for about the first 40-45 min, then some toning & stretching. Alchemista had longer meditations at the beginning & end, the zoom workouts had shorter ones. Hope that helps. She is offering a 20% discount right now on pre-recorded workouts so I assume that includes her zoom workouts from a few months ago but not the ones coming in Jan. Honestly I wish she’d do some between 30 & 40 min total, 20 min cardio & 10 or 15 min stretching at the end, that’s my ideal length.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn