Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-20, 11:15 AM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *September* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the September 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 08:56 AM  
dbclark44

Tue 9/1 - Cathe Icy Melt Triceps Chest Biceps 1 rd each; Icy Core 1; Deep Stretch with Mimi Back

Hello ladies. Sissy, thanks for starting us off. I will try and do better at checking in more often. I did work out 20 days last month. Best month since January.

I rejoined the Y. My girlfriend in Vancouver is a member and she was telling me how the pools are doing a reservation policy during covid. You sign up in 45 minute slots and have a lane to yourself. I went 3X last week and loved it. I don't swim, but being able to water walk and just do my own water exercises is enough for me. I don't care for the classes because they're normally in shallower water and involve a lot of jumping up and down. I'm getting ready to head out now. I have a reservation at 11 and like to get there early enough to get in a couple miles on the tm.

Take care ladies.

I had another covid test done last week. Came into contact with someone who tested positive so DH and I found a place that was doing them and got it done. We both came back neg. We ended up quarantining ourselves over the weekend just to be sure. Our tests came back quick too. Tested Saturday morning, results in Monday morning. Not a bad turn around.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 10:43 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 9/1 - 2952 steps/1.25 miles

Deb
- We got in the pool the day I got here but so far that has been it. We went to get in this past Sunday, but the pool was extremely gross. The water was green and it looked like algae was growing on the sides of the pool. They came out yesterday and cleaned/shocked it and it is back to being beautiful blue water with no algae today. We're hoping to get in tonight for a couple of hours.

Tomorrow we'll both drive home, taking two cars, after DD gets done with her classes. I would have gone home this weekend, but I've stayed this long since she was planning to come home for a long Labor Day weekend. Plus, it will make it easier traveling with the dogs.

My steps suck, but initially I was stressed about the storms and I'm out of my routine and the condo is small. And DD has been stressed about how some of her online classes have been handled so far. At least one of her professors is not posting the assignments in a timely manner.

We have been watching Cobra Kai on Netflix. It's the continuation of Johnny Lawrence's and Daniel LaRusso's story 34 years after the events of The Karate Kid.

My knee is still scabbed over in places, but my injuries are healing up. I'm planning to get back on track with my workouts once I get home.
Old 09-02-20, 10:54 AM  
Sissy B

Chrys - This is the clip for the original Inspire:

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/pro...ip?sku=169CLBK

The new Inspire 2 is not compatible and uses a different clip:

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/pro...ip?sku=177CLBK

Both descriptions say they are not compatible with the Inspire HR.
Old 09-02-20, 02:50 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Chrys, I got these after-market clips at Amazon. They say they work with the Inspire HR but I'm sure they don't do heart rate in the clip. I haven't tried it yet. I'll make a note to try the clip out tomorrow because I think I'll be going to the nature trail.

https://smile.amazon.com/EEweca-2-Pa...30&sr=8-5&th=1

Workout yesterday: first 30 minutes of Vol 4
Today: 54 minutes (and counting) on the treadmill.

Deb, I don't know if the rec center close to us has opened their pool. Dh used to go swim over there.

My sleep last night was cr@ppy. I think I'll try laying down for a little bit.
Old 09-03-20, 06:00 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Chrys, I wore the Inspire HR in a bra clip today when I walked at the nature trail. It seemed to track steps and distances fairly well. I'll have to test it at the high school track and report back.
Old 09-05-20, 06:32 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Jethro and I walked 3 miles this morning. My allergies are bad again, which explains the pink eye. We came home and I had to take Jethro to the vet because he wouldn't leave his ear alone. It's supposed to be record heat here today and tomorrow, so I will work inside today and outside Monday. I'm going to go see my parents next weekend. I just found out that it will work out better, because my brother will be there overnight to pick up a truck. Maybe we'll get to see each other only 2 years after the last time - it's been averaging more than 5 years between visits.

Leslie, thanks for the link. I'm going to look into it.
Sissy, I'm glad you are healing. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for your link too.
Deb, pool walking sounds awesome! I'm so glad your test was negative.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 10:36 PM  
cdayley

I added on Longevity Leaning Out with Tracie Long tonight.
Old 09-06-20, 10:48 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I track calories in MyFitnessPal. I have my Fitbit tracker paired with MFP. The Fitbit tracker steps SHOULD pull in to MFP, but they don't. The MFP total daily calories DO pull into the Fitbit app and I can look at a weekly report of my calories totals per day in Fitbit. Fitbit also gives me a handy average calories per day number for the week. Odd that Fitbit doesn't pull into MFP but the sync goes the other way. ?????????? oh well. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'm going to try and knock out a quick Jessica before a video chat and heading out to visit with my sister's family.
Old 09-08-20, 08:59 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked Sunday and Monday. Today was supposed to be a workout, but between my 6 am hair appt and the 60 mph winds that kept everyone up all night, I just walked Jethro 3 miles. I just got done covering the garden because it's supposed to be 32 tonight, and now I'm ready to go to sleep.

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitbit charge 2, fitness tracker, fitness trackers