Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-20, 11:48 AM  
AnMrsDe

Dorothy, thanks for the giggle.

tangerine, yes that is Yvette's newest (probably only till later today, LOL!). It was really fun and I appreciated the 30 min. length yesterday!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

tangerine - what a fright - oh my goodness. I'm so happy for you both there were no serious complications!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 06:21 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
tangerine, that's good news! So glad the crisis has, um, passed.
Hahaha!! Good one, Dorothy!

Thanks Pat
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 06:30 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Jethro and I walked 3 miles this morning. My allergies are bad again, which explains the pink eye. We came home and I had to take Jethro to the vet because he wouldn't leave his ear alone. It's supposed to be record heat here today and tomorrow, so I will work inside today and outside Monday. I'm going to go see my parents next weekend. I just found out that it will work out better, because my brother will be there overnight to pick up a truck. Maybe we'll get to see each other only 2 years after the last time - it's been averaging more than 5 years between visits.

Tangerine, I'm so glad everything is okay with your little one
T2B, school is going okay; it's weird, but okay. I know there are parents who aren't happy, but there's no way to make everyone happy at this point.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 09:08 PM  
Tammie M

tangerine, I agree that the Metabolic series are tough. I think it is mainly because they are close to an hour workouts. I didn't find the move combinations as intense as some of her other workouts. The ones we she has you going up and down within the combination and then repeats it for 20+ times wipe me out. I believe you have done some of the endurance ones. I'm scared about trying those. What did you think of them?

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to HPB and picked up some dvds that I've been curious about. I found a Misty Tripoli set really cheap that I almost bought when she had a sale. I'm so glad that I did not buy it then. It will be a good "recovering from illness" workout set. I also picked up a PiYo set. I've only done the first 2 short workouts and so far it is nothing special. I also found several Winsor Pilates for $1 -$2. I'm enjoying these.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 10:34 PM  
cdayley

I added on Longevity Leaning Out with Tracie Long tonight.
TammieM, sounds like you got a great deal on those dvds.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 10:03 AM  
AnMrsDe

Luv2WO, I hope you had a great vacation at Yellowstone! That sounds so nice!! Hope you had great weather and the smoke was manageable.

~~~Waves to all~~~ Hope everyone's enjoying your Labor Day weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 02:19 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
tangerine, I agree that the Metabolic series are tough. I think it is mainly because they are close to an hour workouts. I didn't find the move combinations as intense as some of her other workouts. The ones we she has you going up and down within the combination and then repeats it for 20+ times wipe me out. I believe you have done some of the endurance ones. I'm scared about trying those. What did you think of them?

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to HPB and picked up some dvds that I've been curious about. I found a Misty Tripoli set really cheap that I almost bought when she had a sale. I'm so glad that I did not buy it then. It will be a good "recovering from illness" workout set. I also picked up a PiYo set. I've only done the first 2 short workouts and so far it is nothing special. I also found several Winsor Pilates for $1 -$2. I'm enjoying these.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!
Yes, the longer workouts are tougher for sure, like the Quiet Quarantine ones, I love those.

I like some of the Endurance workouts, others I don't. I love Endurance 70 sculpt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlwfGYmR40) and Endurance 80 Body Burner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwfVQCVCdQ). Body burner is really tough for me because it is just non-stop but I feel great when I finish it. I like Endurance 80 Add it on too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-31terPAbY), it was nice and flowing. I'm avoiding the ones with too many curtsy lunges or crouches, so there are some I haven't tried yet. I think these series are tough but doable. They're all around 30-40 mins so not as long as Metabolic Series.

I did buy her Endurance 110 series when it was on sale a few weeks ago, haven't tried that one yet, too many workouts not enough time.

Enjoy your DVD finds, I miss shopping to see what's out there (versus like groceries off a list). Retail therapy? Online is not the same at all.

Chrys, hope your allergies improve.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Old 09-07-20, 05:03 PM  
T2B

Hi,

Hope everyone has been enjoying this long weekend.

tangerine - glad everything turned out ok with your DD. What are Linda’s Quarantine workouts like? Are they soothing? She is a robot.

Chrys - glad you’re taking it easy this weekend. How do I view the pictures of your garden?

AsSweet - how are your Japanese lessons going? I fell off the train but plan to get back to it. I’m amazed at some of the Spanish words I’m recognizing now considering it’s been awhile since I looked at my notes. Is your daughter back in school? Hope all is well.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 07:32 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Hi,

Hope everyone has been enjoying this long weekend.

tangerine - glad everything turned out ok with your DD. What are Linda’s Quarantine workouts like? Are they soothing? She is a robot.
No, they are not at all soothing - the quiet is just there because they are low impact and meant to be done without disturbing the neighbors since everyone is home isolating, similar to the 'Apartment Fever' ones.

I don't think Linda does soothing, but this is the most relaxing of her workouts I have done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D806rn9F3hI (Fusion Flow Dynamic) - she is pretty chill in this one and the movements feel so flow-y and stretch-y.

I ran into such a funny comment on an old thread the other day - the thread was titled "NEED HELP WITH LINDA WOOLDRIDGE" and the person was looking for recommendations on which Barlates workouts to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I keep seeing this thread title - Need help with Linda Wooldridge - and I keep wanting the thread to be about how we can all work together to actually finish one of her workouts. Like, if we get 100 VFers together, and each of us does ten reps -- we can do this thing!

Seriously, I love Linda, but that's the kind of help I need with her workouts.
I don't think Linda is that bad though, she gives a lot of suggestions to help us "mere mortals" get through her workouts.

CharM - I read about one of the fires near you started by pyrotechnics at a party - argh!! I hope things get better for you soon.

Tags
just the workouts