Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-17-20, 10:32 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We walked the dog 3 miles this morning and I gardened again. Knee is great, back and shoulders are sore. Good thing I'm going to see my parents for a couple of days on Sunday. It will give me a gardening break.
Leslie, sorry about the lack of sleep. It makes everything hard.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 11:54 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 7/15 - 1701 steps/0.72 miles
Thursday, 7/16 - 4662 steps/1.97 miles
Friday, 7/17 - 7104 steps/3.01 miles
Saturday, 7/18 - 4949 steps/2.09 miles

DD & I were both exhausted on Wednesday. Thursday after she got off work we had lunch and did a little shopping and then went to a Farmer's Market in a neighboring town before coming back and going to the pool. Friday was miserable hot. She was off, so we went to several of the places we had been wanting to go, including the nursery. It was underwhelming, and we were both very disappointed since we had really been looking forward to checking it out. Once we finally finished running our errands (DD was looking for canning supplies and they are hard to find here), we got in the pool again. Yesterday we got up and went to the Farmer's Market here in town and then went to a jewelry trunk show at the Hallmark store. Ronaldo was there making bracelets and DD won one as a door prize. DD made and canned a batch of Peach-Bourbon Jam and she did a Pear-Honey Jam. We got in the pool again yesterday afternoon.

I'm probably going to come home on Wednesday for a few days so I can handle some things that need to be done at home and bring back a few things DD needs. I have a dentist appointment Friday morning and I'll come back up after that. DH is going to be working. Since it will be a quick trip home, I'll leave the dogs here with DD.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-20, 08:54 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm here in Boise. It's great to be with my parents - they are super lonely. They spend the majority of their time at home - they go on their bike ride and a walk every day, and other than that they are pretty much alone. I walked 3 miles this morning. I am melting because they don't turn on their air conditioner.
Sissy, I'm glad you have the condo and the pool.
Chrys Dayley
Old 07-21-20, 07:48 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My stomach was off this morning and I felt progressively worse all day. I took an empty ice cream bucket with me when I lay down on the couch and felt better after an hour of resting. I think I overate fried green tomatoes last night. They only come once a year and I love them so! I need to see if I can find a lower fat version I can make in the oven. I rarely fry anything, but this was a blast from my past.

This morning Jack and I made it to the nature trail. The heat index was 101 by the time we got done walking! Ugh!

The insurance adjuster and roof guy came by this morning. The tree cutter is coming tonight or tomorrow. We have 2 dead trees right by the house. We called the tree guy a few weeks ago, and he put us on his list and said it would be a few weeks. Well, a limb fell on the flat part of the sunporch roof Sunday morning. It wasn't raining or windy---just sunshiney and calm---then CRASH!

I've been walking at the nature trail and have done a few Cathe Live Fit Tower total body workout purchases. The nature trail is shaded and a bit cooler than the stated heat index.

I am so sick of the heat!

Sissy, I'm not canning jams this year. I have some left over from last year and we're not traveling anywhere for me to take some as hostess gifts when we visit family and friends.

Chrys, so sorry your parents are so lonely. Ha, we turn on the AC later than everyone else we know, but also draw the line when the heat index gets above 90 and stays there.
Old 07-22-20, 08:18 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Oh well. The sunporch roof leaked a bit during last night's heavy rain. We got most of the moisture with towels and buckets and I ran a fan on the room all night. Hurry up tree cutter and roof guy!

I should get out and go walk soon. We've got another 2 hours of nice temps and then the heat index starts to rise. I'm going to come out on the other side of this d@mn pandemic ready to hit the ground running!
Old 07-22-20, 02:16 PM  
dbclark44

Tue 7/14 - 6906/2.83 miles
Wed 7/15 - 3407/1.39 miles
Thu - 7/16 - 3106/1.27 miles; GYF Knee Sessions 3&4
Fri - 7/17 - 2903/1.19 miles
Sat 7/18 - 1997/.81 mile
Sun 7/19 - 6500/2.66 miles; GYF Knee Session #5; GYF Balance #4; TM 35 min/1.6 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch
Mon 7/20 - 6021/2.47 miles; Park walk 27 min/1.21 miles
Tue 7/21 - 8656/3.55 miles; Cathe XTrain Bis & Tris + Core 1; TM 50 min/2.31 miles; GYF Knee Session #1

Leslie, it's slightly cooler today than it has been, so hopefully you got that nature trail walk in. Sorry to hear about the sun porch leak. Hopefully it can be patched up versus replacing. We're also on a tree cutting list with a company. I doubt we'll see them before Sep. Too hot for them to be out there now anyway. Fall is definitely a better time to chop down trees when the temps are cooler.

I don't go out much. I need to make a Sam's Club run though. Although I can really order them on line and don't need to go in. I order Sam's brand Member's Mark from Amazon and it comes in a Sam's Club box. I go over to Sam's Club to try and order the same thing and they're out of stock. This leads me to believe Sam's Club and Amazon must have some sort of hand shake agreement to reserve supplies.

I ordered 2 more GYF DVDs. I really enjoy these workouts. They're challenging without being painful and his foundation is that they are chair workouts. The majority of each workout is done in a chair. Little bit of standing to stretch and balance workouts are standing. But the rest, all chair. And I love them! Definitely a kindler gentler way to workout as one gets older.

Sissy, I watched Hamilton while at DS house. I might be the only one, but I didn't care for it and was so glad I didn't go to a theater to see it. It's all singing!!!! From beginning to end, all singing. Not my cup of tea. It was nicely done, singing was great, but I don't care for productions along the same line as opera which is also all singing. I'm glad I got to see it and see what all the hoopla was about.

Chrys, I admire your folks for staying close to home and trying to stay safe and healthy.

Have a great Wed afternoon/evening ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-20, 03:57 PM  
Sissy B

I'll come back and catch up my steps later. They're not great since I've been at the condo with DD, but I decided that spending time with her is more important right now.

I drove home today after she got off from work this morning. I've handled a couple of things, including a termite inspection that I didn't know was scheduled for today, and the dentist office has texted me to let me know that they have canceled my appointment on Friday and I need to reschedule. Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I came home.

DD told me that someone did come out and look at the fence today and they told her someone would be out to do the repairs in a week or two.
Old 07-23-20, 08:26 AM  
dbclark44

Wed 7/22 - 3196/1.31 miles

Hi ladies. No workout yesterday and the only reason why I even rolled over a mile in steps is I went out in the yard and picked up sticks. There was more yard waste out there than I thought. Darn near filled up a whole can. I try and get out there before DH goes out to cut it so he doesn't have to keep stopping to pick them up or worry about them before he starts mowing. I don't mess with the yard as far as mowing. That's all him. If it ever came down to a point where he couldn't do it anymore, I'll hire someone.

I get my monthly pedi today. Feels good to be back on track with that. Have a great day ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 10:40 AM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 7/19 - 3237 steps/1.37 miles
Monday, 7/20 - 1468 steps/0.62 miles
Tuesday, 7/21 - 3626 steps/1.53 miles
Wednesday, 7/22 - 5323 steps/2.25 miles

Deb
- I don't mow the yard either. DH used to do it, but now we hire someone. He did a project for work where he traveled for a while and then actually lived in Houston for a year. Once he came home, he still traveled back and forth for another year. I hired someone to take care of the yard while he was gone and we've continued to do that. That way DH doesn't have to spend his day off cutting grass and doing yard work.

I'm not sure what I thought about Hamilton. Like you, I'm glad I got to see it. It was very repetitive in parts and not exactly what I was expecting. I saw the movie Les Miserables several years ago so this was not my first experience with the entire show being sung. That one did surprise me.

Chrys - I hope you're enjoying your time with your parents. I can't imagine not having AC right now though. It has been miserable here.

Leslie - I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I love Fried Green Tomatoes and I'm okay as long as I don't overdo it. Fried food is not my friend at this point in my life though.

I'm catching up on laundry at the house today and DH is going to take me out to dinner tonight for a late birthday celebration. I'll probably go back up to the condo in the morning.
Old 07-23-20, 01:02 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I had a dr appointment first thing this morning. I had a stomach/headache bug yesterday so I didn't work out. I went out and planted flowers anyway because I'm on a timeline before I leave again. I was out there with my alka seltzer and my saltine crackers lol. I have a blister on one heel that covers the whole back of the heel - it's from shoveling in loose shoes. It got worse when I walked in my walking shoes in Boise. Today, I will be doing a Jessica Smith or Leslie Sansone walk without shoes. Gotta get that sore blister healed!
Sissy, my parents use their air conditioning in FL, they just think their house is cool enough in Boise to not need it. It was pretty warm.
Deb, Piper and I pick up sticks in her yard so her parents can mow. We love to do that

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers