Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 09:38 AM  
Gams

? for Leslie fans

Does anyone know which DVD was the last one with the “old gang” (thinking of Linda, Jo and Marykay)? And also what year that would be? I did The Big Burn this morning and it had those 3 as background exercisers. I can tell it was a later one - it’s from 2009. And I know there was one where Marykay led part of the workout but don’t remember which one that was or when it was produced. Thanks.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 09:42 AM  
sherry7899

I remember Mary Kay led mile 2 of a three mile walk, but I forget which one it was.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 09:45 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Mary Kay led part of Mile 2 in a 4-mile workout, something with "Slim" in the title. I'll check later.
Old 06-03-20, 10:04 AM  
tangerine

She released some compilations through the years so not sure it's really easy to tell - I have a lot of Leslie's but nowhere near a complete collection but I did find this list on swapadvd:

https://www.swapadvd.com/Leslie-Sansone/actor/9629/

I checked through the top ones on youtube, she has trailers and sometimes parts of the workout - no luck on those and the older ones don't have trailers up but if someone owns the workouts lower down the list, maybe they could check for you.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:06 AM  
sherry7899

I thought Mary Kay led in the three mile weight loss walk.

Eta: I did remember correctly:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2584

Old 06-03-20, 10:45 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I thought Mary Kay led in the three mile weight loss walk.

Eta: I did remember correctly:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2584
I don't doubt it, but I don't have that one. I have 4-Mile Slim Down, Fast and Firm and she leads just a part of the second mile. I guess she leads in both I'd like to see her do more.
Old 06-03-20, 11:11 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I don't doubt it, but I don't have that one. I have 4-Mile Slim Down, Fast and Firm and she leads just a part of the second mile. I guess she leads in both I'd like to see her do more.
I think I had that one also. I cannot do her workouts anymore (hurt my hip flexors) so I only have a few left that I am giving to my sister. I wish Mary Kay had led more. I enjoyed her leading.

Old 06-03-20, 12:17 PM  
Demeris

I love when Mary Kay led. She has a lovely voice and a beautiful smile. Before she disappeared from Leslie's workouts, I dreamed that she would put out her own walks.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 01:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

while we're on the subject of Leslie, i have a question about Morning Mile and Evening Mile.

on what compilations do they appear?

i saw that each were released on DVD along with a separate, short toning routine (morning mile plus abs and evening mile plus legs). for instance, i saw evening mile included with "WATP 7 Day Calorie Blast" (Gaiam) but haven't seen the morning mile on any of the other compilations. ideally, it would be great to have both morning and evening on 1 DVD.

i don't need to have the add-on toning routines, because i heard they're from, i think, Short Cuts LB and another recycled abs routine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 01:18 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
while we're on the subject of Leslie, i have a question about Morning Mile and Evening Mile.

on what compilations do they appear?

i saw that each were released on DVD along with a separate, short toning routine (morning mile plus abs and evening mile plus legs). for instance, i saw evening mile included with "WATP 7 Day Calorie Blast" (Gaiam) but haven't seen the morning mile on any of the other compilations. ideally, it would be great to have both morning and evening on 1 DVD.

i don't need to have the add-on toning routines, because i heard they're from, i think, Short Cuts LB and another recycled abs routine.
They appear together on Complete Daily Walk. They're the only two on that dvd. I just did a quick Amazon search and couldn't find it there. Hopefully it's still out there somewhere.

Tags
evening mile, leslie, leslie sansone, the big burn