Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-18-20, 08:12 AM  
dbclark44

Sissy, good step count Wed & Thurs. You were very active those days I see.

Didn't do anything yesterday. Didn't even leave the house to give the new battery a whirl.

Our shelter-in-place is extended to May I think.

60s and sunny today. Great day for getting out and walking.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 11:58 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I logged into my insurance site and used Teladoc yesterday. I had my phone call within a half hour, and antibiotics right after that. I feel so much better!! I did get some roses pruned and 6000 steps yesterday. Today, I will walk and shoot for 10,000. It's in the 60s and lovely here.
Deb, I'm glad you got your car fixed.
Sissy, I'm glad you had a nice anniversary.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 01:33 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 4/17 - 10,495 steps/4.44 miles
Saturday, 4/18 - 10,266 steps/4.34 miles

Deb
- Thanks! Since I can't get motivated to do anything else right now, I've been making a effort to try and get my steps in the past few days.

Chrys - Thanks! I'm glad you're feeling better.

DH went back to work last night. I've had a hard time getting going this morning, I'm not sleeping well, but I did get up and get dressed (I actually wear a dress on Sunday to mark the day) and watched two church services online. I made some steel cut oatmeal in my Instant Pot and I’m baking a Sausage Quiche so we have breakfast for the next few days. Other than that, I don't have to cook today because we have leftovers for lunch and there's plenty of things to choose from in the freezer for supper. DH also got some Bumble Bee Tuna Salad kits the last time we went to Costco to take to work for lunch/dinner so he has that option as well.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 09:05 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My steps and workouts have been pitiful the past week.
April 14 6174
April 15 10967
April 16 3784
April 17 4484
April 18 ??? not many
April 19 ??? not many

My stupid zip is eating batteries like crazy. I guess it ran out of juice 2 days ago, or 10 days after I put the last battery in. I'll switch to a different zip (I have 3 in reserve) and see if that solves the problem. I thought about joining a StepBet, but I won't since I'm having battery and synch issues.
Old 04-20-20, 06:43 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 4/19 - 5273 steps/2.23 miles

Last night was rough here. Luckily no tornadoes although we were under a Tornado Watch until almost 1 a.m. but we had a strong line of Thunderstorms come through so Belle was extremely fretful even after having her “happy” cheese.

DD called about 5 minutes after DH left for work this afternoon and told me there's a water leak in the condo. She went grocery shopping today and when she got back there was water behind one of the tables in the living room at the baseboards and in the small hallway that goes to the kitchen. Thanks to FaceTime we were able to find the leak at the washer connection/hose and get the water turned off there. DD is understandably upset, but I'm glad this happened now and not after she came home and the condo was empty for several weeks. That would have been a lot worse. Hopefully it's a simple fix, like replacing the fittings/hose to the washer. DH is going to try and FaceTime with her tomorrow before he goes to work to look at it. She had stored some of her art pads behind that table and they're ruined, but can be replaced. Luckily, the downstairs is tiled, so we're not looking at having to repair/replace floors.
Old 04-21-20, 07:40 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 4/18 - TM 65 min/3.02 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch
Monday 4/20 - TM 35 min/1.5 miles; Cathe XTrain Bis & Tris

Sissy, definitely silver lining regarding the water leak with DD still there and catch it before it flooded. You are so right it could have been so much worse.

I don't even bother counting my steps anymore. I really don't like the smart watch DH got me. Why the man would buy me a watch when he's never seen me wearing watches and has heard me say on more than one occasion, I don't like wearing watches is beyond me.

Don't even know where my clip on is. It got packed when we left FL and I haven't seen it since getting home.

Leslie, I've thought about joining another StepBet to get me motivated but don't feel like having to deal with buying something compatible with it. Sorry your Zip is acting up. I gave up on mine last year when I couldn't get it to synch with my phone after an upgrade.

Chrys, glad the virtual visit worked and you got the meds you need to get better.

Nice and sunny here today. 60s. Cool right now but the sun is up. Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 04:57 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today's workout: Yoga for Stress Relief Begin Your Day Slowly and a walk at the nature trail. I threw in some power walk (almost jog) intervals. I had a lot of free floating anxiety earlier today, but am feeling better.

Sissy, I hope fixing the leak is quick and painle$$. How fortunate she was there when it happened!

Jack and I are doing a Facebook chat with a friend at 5. I have social Zoom meetings scheduled Wednesday and Thursday.
Old 04-22-20, 09:11 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile walk yesterday and it was a STRUGGLE. I did a 3 mile walk today, 2 of it outside with the dog and I felt so much better! Hooray! DH has been sick today; he had a migraine in the night and just felt horrible all day.
Deb, my DH teases me about getting a fitness watch, but I would hate one. I wear decorative watches. I'd have to hook a fitness watch around my ankle or thigh or something.
Leslie, I'm glad your anxiety is better.
Sissy, I'm glad your DD was at the condo when the leak started.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 11:22 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workout was Firm Express Total Body Shaping. Today I'm going to try to get to the nature trail but I will have to plan between the rain showers.
Old 04-24-20, 02:13 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 4/20 - 11,162 steps/4.72 miles
Tuesday, 4/21 - 10,403 steps/4.4 miles
Wednesday, 4/22 - 10,846 steps/4.59 miles
Thursday, 4/23 - 5694 steps/2.41 miles

I had been making an effort to get my 10,000 steps in until I rolled my ankle yesterday taking the recycling out to put it in the bin. I'm fine, that foot's just a little sore.

DH left this morning to go up to the condo to replace the hoses on the washing machine and to check the condo to see if there are any other needed repairs/maintenance that need to be done before DD comes home for a few weeks. Her last final is tomorrow morning and she is ready to be home. And yes, it was definitely a good thing that the leak happened before she come home for a few weeks.

I haven't worn a watch in years. I did wear the Fitbit Alta for a while after my first Zip died and it was small enough that it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but it wasn't as accurate at counting my steps as the Zip or the One. And I want ALL of my steps to count.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers