Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-06-20, 10:28 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 4/3 - 4849 steps/2.05 miles
Saturday, 4/4 - 4490 steps/1.9 miles
Sunday, 4/5 - 5113 steps/2.16 miles

Well another smoke detector battery started dying Saturday (the one in DD's room this time, the one in the front bedroom started beeping late one night last month) so I looked it up on my calendar. DH changed the batteries at the house last June. So I made a quick trip to CVS to get 9 volt batteries so he could replace the batteries in all the smoke detectors. He did that after he got off work. Belle sat in my lap most of the day because she did not like the beeping noise. It wasn't continuous, but it did beep at regular intervals. So I spent most of the day with her in my lap, Thief snuggled up to me on the other side, watching Midsomer Murders on the Roku Channel. I did get a couple of loads of laundry done and I tried a new recipe for supper, Chicken Nachos from the Feast and Farm website. She posted it on Facebook and I just happened to have all the ingredients needed. DH loved it.

Sunday morning I watched the 2 church services I've been watching each week. Belle decided to sit in my lap again. Drinking coffee with a dog in your lap while you're "at church" is really nice. I made Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine Alfredo in my Instant Pot for supper.

I was scheduled for a massage tonight, but of course, that has been canceled.

And of course, my car needs an oil change. The light come on when we were driving home from Costco the other day. It will have to wait though. It’s not like we’ll be going anywhere.

Deb - I have seen a video where you can use a bandana and hair ties to make a mask so I'm going to do that since I have both of those here.

Chrys - Glad you made it home safely. I know you're probably glad to be home with DH, but it had to be hard to leave your DS and his family. There's a part of me that really wanted DD to come home, but right now I know that staying at the condo is the better option for her since her classes are online now and DH is working.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:37 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sunday 29-Mar-20 10708
Monday 30-Mar-20 11205 Firm Better Body and Buns
Tuesday 31-Mar-20 4742
Wednesday 1-Apr-20 5516
Thursday 2-Apr-20 8435
Friday 3-Apr-20 4856 Firm BSS1 Body Sculpt
Saturday 4-Apr-20 4881
Sunday 5-Apr-20 10412
Monday 6-Apr-20 2116
Tuesday 7-Apr-20 Firm Bootcamp 1

Copy and paste from my workout log.

I'm not having tons of motivation to workout, but am doing a little.

Deb, we are seeing more people and dogs on the nature trail. The dogs are not always leash trained very well, so some encounters have been "interesting".

We still have our youngest home with us as he takes online classes and also works online. He and his girlfriend are hoping to move into their apartment (she has one more year of college) before their original June 1 date. My other 4 kids are all sheltering at home. All of them have at least one roommate/spouse, so they aren't totally alone. That would have to be tough for your daughter Sissy>

I'm trying to ration my news consumption. As much as I miss my full house, I'm thankful I'm not having to deal with a bunch of bored and unhappy teenagers under my roof.

We're going to video chat with a friend later this afternoon. Blessings of technology!
Old 04-07-20, 08:58 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did CIA Athletic Step Jam last night and a dog walk tonight. My fitbit wouldn't sync last night or this morning, and I had 11,400 steps yesterday. Thankfully I just got a Flex as a backup, and some holders so I can wear it like the One. I'm working on getting a headache, so I'm going to go to bed early and hope it goes away.
Leslie, I feel sorry for all the parents who have unhappy teenagers at home.
Sissy, my DH has been making masks.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 09:15 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 4/6 - 6148 steps/2.6 miles

Leslie
- I know you like Skinnytaste and you're cooking some vegetarian recipes and I thought you might like this one if you haven't tried it:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/red-lent...-with-spinach/

I had all the ingredients for it on hand (except the parsley) so I made it tonight. It was really good. Very similar flavor to a Lentil soup that DH & I get when we go to a local Mediterranean restaurant. I served it with some French baguettes that we got at Costco.

Chrys - I hope your headache goes away.
Old 04-08-20, 12:00 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Thanks for the recipe Sissy. I have some yellow lentils in the pantry and will try it out next week. My husband adopted a vegan diet 6 months ago. 2 days ago I made a roasted cauliflower dish (other roasted veggies, plus vegan gravy), today I made a cashew lemony garlip dip (vegan soft cheese) and tomorrow I'll make an orange ginger noodle dish that was a big hit when I made it a few weeks back. I'm also fixing a bbq pork steak and macaroni salad for the non-vegans in the family.

My youngest son is seriously dating a local girl. She has one more year of college at a public university in Illinois. Her family has deep roots here even though we don't anymore since my mom died and the rest of my kids are scattered. It turns out her dad accepted a promotion in Alabama and the family (2 younger siblings) will be moving soon. They couldn't move until Haley was in her senior year (to keep in-state tuition at the expensive public university). Michael and Haley don't want to come back here to our small town. We only want to move one more time and it will probably be close to one of our kids. None of my kids are permanently settled anywhere yet. So that's my 5 year plan--get my stuff organized so we can pack up and go at some point!

I'm walking (while typing) on the treadmill now. I'm going to do Firm Bootcamp 2 and then head to the nature trail.
Old 04-09-20, 05:24 PM  
dbclark44

Monday 4/6 - Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders; TM 35 min/1.5 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch
Tuesday 4/7 - Park walk 41 min/2 miles; Cathe XTrain Legs
Today - Park walk 46 min/2.26 miles; Hour long yin yoga session with Travis Eliot off YouTube

This Travis yin yoga is the one he has in his Ultimate Yogi series. I have that series packed away somewhere. He has a shorter 30 min yin yoga session on youtube as well but I wanted to do this longer one.

Yesterday when I tried to post i got the server 500 error and wasn't able to complete it.

Have a great evening ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 08:49 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked either the dog or on the treadmill the past 2 days. I am sore from the weights I did! We had an event called BeTheLight last night - our practice field was lit, faculty members parked along streets by the field and the seniors got to drive their cars through us as we cheered for them. It was so touching to see them, many with their parents driving so the kids could videotape as they drove through. I finally had a good cry about all of this on my way home. It breaks my heart.
Today, I am going to do some walks and a Tracie Long workout.
Deb, great workouts and walks!
Leslie, I think we will be moving closer to our grandkids at some point.
Sissy, my headache went away after massage therapy - it is because I'm doing so much computer work. It kills my neck.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 10:21 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 4/7 - 5349 steps/2.26 miles
Wednesday, 4/8 - 3659 steps/1.55 miles
Thursday, 4/9 - 6564 steps/2.78 miles
Friday, 4/10 - 10,613 steps/4.49 miles

Chrys
- I was supposed to get a massage on Monday but it was canceled since they're closed right now. I really need one though. My neck and upper shoulders are extremely tight right now. And my daughter said she's glad she's not graduating this semester.

DH is off until April 18th. He's taking a couple of vacation days at the start of his next set since Thursday is our anniversary and he was supposed to go back on nights that day.

Thursday was his first day off and he went and got some crawfish for lunch while I went to the local produce market to get new potatoes and asparagus for our Easter lunch. Yesterday he went and got some medium/pH balancer for the filter on our well and he picked up lunch from the Mellow Mushroom using their curbside delivery. After we ate he added the chemicals to the filter, tried to fix our generator, eventually giving up and asking our neighbor to look at it (who, coincidentally was working on some other generators at the time), and then we started going through the things in the shed. Our neighbor was able to get the generator started, but it still needs some maintenance. I also did several loads of laundry.
Old 04-11-20, 06:21 PM  
dbclark44

Thu 4/9 - 9213 steps/4.2 miles
Fri 4/10 - TM 48 min/2 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch; 7640 steps/3.38 miles
Today - Park walk 27 min/1.29 miles

Made a mistake going to the park today. Too windy for my liking. I do not like having to walk into the wind and there's no way around it when it's windy. You may get a break depending on which way you're going, but it's there. So after a mile I gave it up. Doubt I'll do anything else today. It's already after 6.

I picked up a small ham and some sweet potatoes for tomorrow's meal. Not feeling much like cooking but thought I ought to, it being Easter and all. Plan to make a pasta salad, ham, veggis and sweet potatoes.

Haven't been very productive past couple of days. Some days I feel more productive than others.

Chrys, so sweet to have the drive by parade. At least you got to see the students again.

Sissy, you're missing your massage and I'm missing my pedis. I'm keeping my toenails clipped though, but I don't bother with the polish. Too difficult for me to do a decent job. So my toes are bare, ugly, and short.

Happy Easter ladies. Hope you had a great Saturday evening.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 07:30 PM  
Sissy B

Deb - I have a lamb marinating for our Easter dinner tomorrow. The plan is for DH to grill it, but we’re not sure if the weather is going to cooperate or not. It’s supposed to rain.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers