Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-20, 01:21 PM  
horsemom2

WalkingOnlineWorkouts is $10 a month and you can easily pause for up to three months to take breaks.
It is my favorite sub and I am into my third year.
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/browse

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 01:27 PM  
ncl

Another vote for Cathe LIVE. I have officially become an enthusiast. She has 280 workouts now with metaoblic, HIIT, step, kickbox, weights, bootcamps and a new one each week for 9.97.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 02:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

If you’re into barre style workouts, Callanetics is a good one.
https://www.callanetics.tv/

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 03:00 PM  
BUTTERCUP78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I love Melissa Wood Health. It's $9.99 a month, she puts out a new workout and schedule every Monday. Her workouts give quick results!
Can you tell me more about this method? How quick are the results, what kind of results, and how many days per week are ppl working out for the results?
Thanks so much
BUTTERCUP78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:00 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
I'll be having about $10 to spare in my budget for another subscription. Any good recommendations for $10 or less?
All types of workouts, provided you yourself like them.
(I've been doing Mark Lauren on Demand and Original Strength On Demand which fall into this category, and recommend both of these to others.)
I have been thinking of trying the Mark Lauren streaming. I did a weekend original strength workshop several years ago. After that, was doing the rolling, rocking and crawling which helped my back after an injury but have not done it recently. I also have their first book. How do you use these 2 subscriptions together in a rotation and do you do anything else with them?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 10:33 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Coffeyfit Raw @ $6.99 per month

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 10:49 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I have been thinking of trying the Mark Lauren streaming. I did a weekend original strength workshop several years ago. After that, was doing the rolling, rocking and crawling which helped my back after an injury but have not done it recently. I also have their first book. How do you use these 2 subscriptions together in a rotation and do you do anything else with them?
First, I have to say I came across Original Strength though Dan John's mention of how the program greatly helped him not only in rehabilitating his knees after replacement surgery but generally overall. The program seems to be popular among Pavel's followers and the KB community.

Mark Lauren's lastest two efforts, Bodyweight Training 2.0 and 90 Day Challenge seem to be to be very different from everything that came before -- incorporating some movements seen in Original Strength and focused more on mobility and functional movements. And they are both beautifully produced, especially Bodyweight Training 2.0. Luv them. -- You might try a 14-day trial subscription of Mark Lauren On Demand to look at them. The sub is $8.99 a month and I think well worth it.

This past month I subscribed to Original Strength On Demand ($10) and followed the Beginners Program, which was fine for me as I'm primarily interested in doing the "Resets" with all their variations and not so much with his "Bulletproofing" program, and which is quite expensive. None of the videos in the subscription are "work-alongs", they just demo moves giving you a routine.

Since I now have all of Mark Lauren's dvds I dropped my subscription after two months and will be dropping the Original Strength sub the end of this month. I've written out all of the routines of all the Mark Lauren workouts and of the Original Strength Beginner's Program.

Original Strength recommends doing a 10-minute Reset 2-3x a day. I'm intending to do at least 10 minutes every morning and perhaps a second session later on in the day. Just as everyone else, I am amazed at the benefits of crawling (baby/leopard/spiderman). A "reset" will now precede my usual "early morning practice" which incorporates, among other things, various Mark Lauren exercises, done without any media. I mainly use ML's media to refresh my memory or to learn the next progression.

And then interspersed throughout the day, almost every day, I do series of KB swings, sets of 5 submaximal deadlifts, etc, following Pavel's protocol and which I prefer to OS's "bulletproofing" program -- or at least this has precedence for me.

ETA: Mark Lauren On Demand does have material not out on dvd. It's a well-organized website with print outs and schedules.
ETA-2: And yes, I do other things besides, with media.
Old 01-22-20, 11:55 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I second the recommendation of Chris Freytag's Get Healthy U TV - a year of streaming for $20 (with a code - CHRISGOLD20) with new workouts posted most every Monday and lots of rotation calendars available to follow. Hard to beat that deal.

Carol
Thanks so much for the recommendation and Get Healthy U TV code. I was impressed with the FREE 10-min videos and decided to use the code to sign up for the Gold level membership! You can't beat $20 for one full year!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 12:16 PM  
furmomof6

Faithful Workouts is $5.97/month

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 01:00 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Faithful Workouts is $5.97/month
Thanks for posting about this. I checked out their website and they have DVDs. I ordered the set of 3. I'm not sure about the quality of the music since in some of the clips the music seemed kind of low, but it looks like something I will enjoy.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original strength, streaming, streaming affordable, streaming services, tim anderson