Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-20, 04:15 PM  
cdayley

Thanks for the birthday wishes
Please say a prayer for me. Buddy is in end stage heart failure. I'm going to have to let him go sometime this weekend.
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 01:02 PM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 1/15 - 7273/2.98 miles; TM 30 min/1.5 miles; Cathe Push & Pull UB (2) Premix
Thursday 1/16 - 9887/4.05
Friday 1/17 - 11,766/4.82

My pedometer steps and smart watch steps don't match. According to my smart watch I got over 10K steps Thursday. And Friday over 12K. Unfortunately I can't figure how to go back and look at recent workouts that the watch recorded the next day. In case I didn't mention it, DH got me a Samsung Smart Watch for my birthday. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Chrys I am so very sorry to hear about Buddy. Prayers for you and the family as you go through this.

Sissy, my gosh you are sick. I remember being sick like that couple years ago. I did not even want to get out of bed to shower. And I know I needed fluids to fight dehydration but didn't have the stomach to take in anything. So I'm sending you get well prayers and wishes.

We spent the last 2 days in Key West FL. Ft Meyers has a ferry that goes over and back every day and we took it out Thursday and came back late last evening. It didn't dock until 9:30 PM. We got back to the condo a little after 10. Key West was nice but a little too busy for my taste. Of course it was prime season right now so it was busy! Had a nice time for a first visit and next time I go back, I'll have a better idea of what I want to see and do. We really didn't have any plans and took things as they came up. But it was nice and we had a good time. Our lodgings were interesting. Square footage was 166 so it was small. More like a room in a rooming house. Genius how they came up with that idea. I was #12 and there were numbers higher that that. But it was clean, well supplied with all you'd need for 1-2 days. The boat ride out first thing in the morning was nice and smooth. Coming back the following night was rough sailing. People were sick, kids were scared. That was like being on a plane in turbulence.

Well have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 07:11 PM  
dbclark44

Saturday 1/18 - 2463/1.01
Today 1/19 - Elliptical 30 min/1.6 miles; Cathe Icy Melts Biceps Back Shoulders one round of each; Slim & Limber

We never did make it to PF yesterday but got there today. PF has a nice abs/stretching area with space enough for people to do their own thing. I sure did my own thing today. I had 4 sets of the weights over by me while working out. Hopefully if someone needed something I wasn't using at the moment they'd just ask if they could grab them. It was slow enough for me to get it in. I didn't feel like doing 3 rounds of each body part. I would probably have only done one body part and called it a day. This way I hit 3 or more body parts with the 3 ones I hit.

I cooked a chicken in the crockpot today. Baked some sweet potatoes to go with it. I let DH fix the veggies. He's somewhat of a veggie snob. I could care less about veggies. I try but there are only a couple I can say I love, collard greens being one of them. I put half the chicken in the freezer. It's way too much meat for DH and I. No way we can eat that chicken in 3 days. I'll take it out next month, cut it up for soup or gravy. The days have been so nice soup is not on the menu right now. But the weather can change so it's not beyond the range of possibilities.

DH is watching his Packers and my son in Aurora is watching his 49ers. It's going to be an interesting Superbowl no matter who wins this game.

Have a great Sunday evening ladies.

Old 01-20-20, 03:06 PM  
dbclark44

Sunday 1/19 - 5158/2.11
Today 1/20 - Cathe warmups, lower body standing/barre work; Extended Chair Stretch

I haven't left the house all day. Told hubby it's my stay at home day. Do need a few things at the market though. Anyway, been out on the lanai streaming TV shows and exercising. I did a couple of warmup mixes I created one day on Cathe's workout blender that were still there. Then some standing leg exercises I had put together some time ago. All standing body weight exercises. I did weights at the gym yesterday so this was somewhat of a recovery day.

Our cold front passing through down here is 60 degree temps until Thursday then back to the normal highs of 70s. Sure do love this lanai. Makes me want to go home and get one built on the side of my house. Mine have to be built for indoor and outdoor so would need AC and heat flowing through it and it'd have to be enclosed.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Old 01-20-20, 04:43 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 1/16 - 5312 steps/2.25 miles
Friday, 1/17 - 5189 steps/2.2 miles
Saturday, 1/18 - 6147 steps/2.6 miles
Sunday, 1/19 - 6784 steps/2.87 miles

DD came home this weekend and left to go back to school about an hour ago. She has been sick too, so we didn't do much other than go shopping for jeans and a couple of other things she needed on Saturday morning. Yesterday we watched the NFL playoff games.

DH leaves tomorrow and will traveling for work until 2/1 so it will just be me and the dogs. I have an appointment to get my hair colored and cut on Wednesday and Thursday I have a dentist appointment.

Deb - Thanks! I haven't been this sick in years. While I was up at the condo, I didn't even feel like reading for a couple of days. I slept other than the couple of hours that I came downstairs and watched The Crown on Netflix. I'm still slightly congested, but feeling much better now. Still trying not to overdo it though.

It's cold here today and will be cold for the next few days so we're getting a little bit of winter.

Chrys - I'm so sorry about Buddy. My heart goes out to you.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 09:42 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile treadmill walk tonight and cried less today. Being alone in the house all weekend was brutal. We are going to look for a rescue dog.
Chrys Dayley
Old 01-21-20, 07:49 AM  
dbclark44

Monday 1/20 - 1265/.51

Oh Chrys, I am so sorry to hear about this. Forgot DH was gone and you're all alone grieving the loss of Buddy. I am so sorry for you and pray God grants you peace so don't act too rashly during your time of grief. God will send you another dog girl. Are you back at work? At least you have that to keep you busy. Dive into that while DH is gone. Pamper yourself. Get a pedi/mani. Go see a movie you know DH wouldn't care for. Grab a drink or two after work with the coworkers. And please whatever you do know my words come from my heart and I only wish you peace. It is so ironic that you and Sissy have a DH break. I call these divine interruptions ladies.

Me and DH are up under each other like we've never been. My home in IL has plenty of space for both of us and we don't get up under each other. But here in FL, we're living under half the space and it's a challenge. I'd love a DH break. But he has no where to go, so thank God for Denise, she gives me an out to get a break. My DH is a sweetie though. Big and gruff looking he may be, he has a heart of gold and would do anything for me.

Sissy, I send you the same prayer but for get well wishes. Seems like a bug is circulating because everyone I've talked to seems like they have been or are sick with a cold or bug. DH and I have been lucky so far and haven't caught anything. When you feel better you can head to DD for a while. And you don't need to cook unless you feel like it. Ladies, I have to tell you I don't like cooking. I get buy throwing stuff together but I don't like to cook.

Now my girlfriend Dernise down here, that's something she enjoys. She puts together all kinds of gourmet dishes. She enjoys it, I don't. It's a chore for me, a joy for her.

Well ladies, have a great Tuesday. Been in FL 3 weeks today. :

Old 01-21-20, 01:20 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 1/20 - 5735 steps/2.43 miles

Deb
- I love him dearly, but there are definitely times I need a break from my DH. When he retires we're going to have to live somewhere where there are plenty of things to do to keep from getting on each other's nerves.

I actually do like cooking most of the time, but it's hard to cook for just one. The problem is we live at least 30 minutes away from a decent grocery store and the options for eating out here are limited since we live in a small country town. I have some chili in the freezer that I'm going to pull out today since it's cold but I'll probably have to go to the grocery store in a couple of days.

I'll be going to the condo pretty often this spring. Baseball season starts in a few weeks and DD and I love going to the games.

Chrys - I think getting a rescue is a great idea. Even though we still had Bridget and Belle when Rufus died it was hard because I was the one home with them all day and he liked to be where I was so he followed me around and sat at my feet in whichever room I was in. And we knew it wouldn't be long before we lost Bridget too - they died exactly 7 months apart. I don't know how I would have made it through if we hadn't gotten Belle.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 07:31 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 1/21 - 6972/2.86

We went back to the Eco Preservation Trail yesterday with Denise. She's lived here for 3 years and never been there. It's also a mini war museum memorial. They have one of the best small town memorials I've ever seen. They have monuments/statues for the Iraq War, Korean War, Vietnam War. Beautiful beautiful place to see and it's off the beaten path. Near as I can tell the trail can be walked to get in 2 miles.. Without these little turnoffs to see the water views it wouldn't quite make 2 miles. I was impressed and near to tears when I saw how they did the Iraq monument. It's star shaped, and is partially covered with the dog tags of the men and women who died in that war. And the area is cobbled so some of the stones you walk on have names on them as well. I just have to say someone went through a lot of work to put that whole area together because it is beautiful.

Funny, when DH and I went the other day, we glanced over at the museum but didn't stop to look. We wanted to check out the trail before it got dark as it was already 1530 when we got there. But after we took Denise to breakfast at this place we found, we went over there to walk off our breakfast. This time when we got done walking we took time to check out the museum area. The Korean monument has a whole story on 3 sides of a statue with a bench on each side you sit on and read before moving on to the next side. This was a very nice memorial area and what they covered here. I'm not big on museums so it takes a lot to captivate me like this one did.

Anyway, I'm up at 0630. Having some coffee and computer time. Today is Wednesday, a prayer day in my bible reading challenge this year. I decided to take this day and the other worship day as TV fasts. So no TV all day long. Sunday was a day of worship and I successfully TV fasted all day long. My one exception is weather which I like to keep an eye on.

We woke up to one of the coldest days they've had in 2 years in Cape Coral where I'm at. 36 degrees here this morning. Still above freezing though. Tomorrow we make the turn back to more normal temps 50s and 70s vs. the 30s and 60s we been having.. Today is a PF day. Weights for me today. We should have went yesterday but decided to call it a day after the Farmer's Market from the park.

Our next stop was this nice farmer's market that sets up every Tuesday. DH loves them.They have all kinds of cool things there. Food sweets fresh produce. We got back to the condo around 3ish. Great day spending it with my friend.

You ladies have a great Wednesday.

Old 01-23-20, 10:30 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 3 mile treadmill walk tonight, took a rest day yesterday because I was exhausted, and did a 2 mile walk on Tuesday. We had a friend (my age) who had a stroke yesterday - he got to the hospital quickly, so they blasted the clot and he's got almost all of his normal functions back. Tonight, I found out my cousin's husband died suddenly - he was 53. It's been a depressing week. I went and looked at the animal shelter, but I didn't find the right dog yet.
Deb, I'm back to work, and our local DS has been bringing his dogs over a few days so I can watch/play with them while he studies. It's getting a little easier each day. I'm glad you are having a great time in FL.
Sissy, if DH and I both retire, we will definitely have to have stuff to do away from each other LOL
Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers