Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-19, 05:50 PM  
T2B

Jane - thanks for your thoughts on the Fit Tower. I’m still wishy washy about it. While doing Bootcamp yesterday, I was in the no camp again. My chair worked fine and I got a few extra steps moving my chair from one side to the other. Plus when Cathe does the cardio moves with her hand on the FT, I keep my hands free so that my steps are counted, lol. I don’t know. I do love FT Bootcamp & Total Body. I like that they are a fusion of barre and weights. I have to give the lower body one another try to see if I really like it, I was surprised by all the core work last time.. Now that I know what to expect I may end up loving the workout. I’ve been trying to be a good Jane adjacent checkin person and do a little bit of core work. Just the little I’ve done the last couple of weeks has been paying off in my workouts.

My tree is giving me that extra bit of shine that I love. I sent a picture to my mom and sister and their response was “what!?”. My response to that, Snow in November = early Christmas tree. A real tree is lovely but it is pre-lit all the time for me. I know your daughter will appreciate the cute Christmas t-shirt.

I can see that you were feeling strong today. Nice!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 08:10 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe and Everyone who asked after me: I so appreciate your missing me!

All is well: we went on a long vacation to Savannah & Charleston. We have a policy not to announce on a public forum that we're going to be away from our house for an extended time. I should have PM'd someone to let y'all know. I apologize.

I'm pretty sure that was the longest road trip we've ever taken. We stayed about 1 week in each city and had a fantastic time! Highly recommend both cities! Had a VRBO in Savannah & Homewood Suites by Hilton in Charleston; they both worked out well.

Too many desserts & too much wine for too long--I feel quite fluffy now--ugh! Also feeling overwhelmed by the immediate appearance of the holidays (as if I didn't know they were happening when I planned the dates of this vacation ).

Hope all is well with all of you! Working on getting my act together & back into my workout routine...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 09:10 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

November

11 - 3 Peloton rides: Jenn Climb 10/24/18 + Cody Climb 9/11/18 + Denis Classic Rock 10/28/19--73 minutes, 17.2 miles, 396 cal. So yeah, I'm trying to add extra to my workouts to melt off some of my vacation excesses. The first 2 rides were only 13 min each; I did them at different times during my busy day. I did the 47 minute Classic Rock ride at my usual workout time in the late afternoon/early evening.
12 - 63 push ups--(21+21+21) Intended to do more, but had surprise visitors & just ran out of time.
13 - Peloton Arms Toning + KCM Stepboxing (yellow cover) Boxing Combos
14 - KCM Cardio Sculpt Overload (dvd)--did the whole thing (Kelly gives you options to stop; the whole workout is about 50 min) with my 4# weighted vest. I haven't worn the vest before on this workout; hope I don't pay for it later. I feel good about completing this sweat, but (for me) it's not a "feel good and energized after" workout; it's more of a "holy moly, I'm wiped" workout.
15 - Peloton Jenn Billy Joel 11/14/19--58 min, 14.6 miles, 355 cal. Fun ride; love Billy Joel! For my 10 min add-on ride, I tried a Trap music ride just to see what that's about--meh, not for me.
16 - KCM RAW Boxing & Drills--my go-to right now. Used 1# wts for the boxing. Didn't wear the weighted vest as I usually do since I'd worn it for that long workout on Thursday--didn't want to irritate my lower back. Also did Day 20 of Lee Holden's 30 Day Qi Gong Challenge.
17 - 40 min of Leslie on YT--did a 10 minute "regular" walk with my 4# weighted vest, then used 1# wts with a 30 min "boosted" walk. Now I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering the Leslie set on QVC...

18 - 2 Peloton rides: Christine Pink 11/1/19 + Olivia Classic Rock 11/4/19--64 min, 15.9 miles, 377 cal.
19 - KCM RAW Step #3 + RAW Upper Body Finisher
20 - Rest
21 - KCM RAW November 2019 Ripped & Ride--the Ride part I did with Peloton Ally 22 min Classic Rock ride, 5.5 miles, 133 cal. The Ripped part was back & shoulder intensive today--hope I don't pay for that later!
22 - Peloton Denis 80s 5/28/19--58 min, 14.5 miles, 346 cal.
23 - 63 push ups + Peloton Arms Toning + KCM Amped Up Cardio Combined premix, no drills
24 - 3.21 mile walk in the woods + YT Leslie 35 min + Day 21 Lee Holden's Qi Gong Challenge

25 - 2 Peloton rides with Denis--44 min, 10.8 miles, 254 cal.
26 - Rest My 96 yo MIL passed away early this morning; she had been struggling with dementia & other ailments for several years & began failing on Sunday afternoon. She was in a nursing home in Michigan; we'll do a service there in the spring. Also received bad news on Monday that my BFF (since we were 6 months old; our mothers were neighbors) suffered a perforated colon leading to emergency surgery at 2 a.m. Monday morning. Unfortunately, she is not doing well: her kidneys are shutting down; she had 4 hours of dialysis on Tuesday. She is 2 hours away so I'm only getting daily updates from her husband, who is a nice guy, but not a close friend of mine (also his mother died on Saturday afternoon (!), so he is barely functioning, so I'm trying to be supportive of him as well, not badgering him with calls & questions).
27 - Can't seem to think of anything except my friend Heidi, but I'll probably try to do a workout later. Also making a pie for our Friendsgiving tomorrow. KCM RAW Kickboxing & Olympic Lifts + Stretch
28 - Rest & eat
29 - Peloton Denis After Burn 11/29/19--62 min, 15.3 miles, 366 cal.
30 - KCM RAW May 2019 Ripped & Ride + Peloton Robin Turkey Burn 11/28/29--46 min, 11.7 miles, 285 cal. This R&R is boxing and bike only. I used 1# wts for all the boxing (Kelly uses a heavy bag during most of it). One of my favorite RAW workouts.

November Total = 20/30

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 07:57 AM  
Cher

T2B, good for you getting your tree up and done! I usually start getting my stuff up the week before Thanksgiving week because it’s so much work and I want to enjoy it a while before I have to take it all down again. (I don’t have a prelim tree yet so I have to put all my lights on myself.....and I put a lot). I have Fit Tower Bootcamp but barely tried it yet.

Dorothy, Glad you are ok. I don’t blame you not posting that you are gone when you are on vacation. Sounds like great vacation! Great job getting back into a good workout so quick!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 11:18 AM  
T2B

Cher - Normally I put my tree up after Thanksgiving. This year Thanksgiving is the last Thursday/last week of the month so now I have more time to enjoy my lights/tree before it’s time to take everything down. I kept a miniature desktop tree at work this year and decorated it every month in a theme. I had a Valentine tree, St Paddy’s, Easter, Memorial Day/4th, Disney, Halloween and now a Fall/harvest tree. I enjoy having the burst of color/lights at my desk. I was sick of it by September but found motivation to finish what I started. I’m now in the home stretch. .

Do you have a Fit Tower?

Dorothy - good to see you back and that you enjoyed your vacation.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 07:51 AM  
Cher

T2B, WOW, pretty crazy about the meteor/fireball! I heard about it on the news yesterday but didn’t realize it was near you. Yes, I have the Fit Tower and I use it occasionally but not as much as I thought I would. I leave it out near my workout area but if the workout uses a chair, I usually just crap the chair because it’s easier. If I do a FT workout or a bar workout where they actually use a bar, then I grab it. For a while there, I kept the bar set at I think #3 and was trying to use it to do push-ups on....then I just got lazy and started back to just doing them on my knees. I should probably start using in at least for that again.
Old 11-13-19, 10:08 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Dorothy I’m so glad you had a great vacation! I missed you I’m sure you’ll be back in the swing of things in no time.

AnMrsDe I hope you’re feeling ok! I know you’re not a good “rester”

Cher You’re doing great with your Xtrain rotation. Way to make it your own!

TB2 I saw your meteor on the news here too! If it makes you feel better (and it shouldn’t) we even got a little bit of snow yesterday. A little bit is still on one part of my lawn. Keep it up with the core work! You’ve got it! There’s a few Cathe Lives that use the Fit Tower. I do remember liking them, especially the one that uses the band. They might be worth checking out if you’re seriously considering the tower.

Waves to everyone! Stay warm!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 01:16 PM  
CharM

I've been lazy about keeping up with this check-in but I'm caught up now, I think.
Happy belated birthday, CabCalloway! I hope you had a great day.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It's weird, I was freaking out at turning 45, I don't know why , but the day came and went and nothing disastrous happened. I didn't wake up with extra gray hairs or extra wrinkles or lines that I can see. I can't wait for 50. But hey, it's better than the alternative.

AMD, I hope you're ok! Take care of yourself, woman. I know it's hard to take a break, and/or even admit that you need a break, but sometimes you have to. It's for your own good.

Dorothy, glad you're ok and that you had a great vacation. Your policy of not letting the internet know you're going away is a good one. We all understand.

T2B - I didn't hear about the meteor/fireball, that would be kind of exciting, kind of scary to me. haha LOL about the Target cashier, and I had no idea they sold 6#s. I don't need them, but if they're orange I might buy them since I have orange 3s. About the tree, my husband came home one day and said, "hey, some neighbors have their Christmas lights up." Me: "What?! It's not even Halloween!" LOL So yes, some are starting early this year, but you have a reason, cold and snowy = Christmas. We're in CA, with temps in the 70s.

Quote:
Dang, what season are we in?
Cher, the weather's wacky here, but in the other direction. We've been in the 70s and will probably hit the 80s again.
Also, if you can take the time to get the biopsy, please do it. Thankfully it hasn't grown, but maybe this doctor thinks it's better to be safe than sorry.

clerkin - I your month of thankfulness.

waves to Jane and Sugar .
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 07:40 AM  
Cher

Char, I’m doing the biopsies. (There are 2). I have the appt for Dec 10. That’s the next available appointment. I really wish it was sooner so I could just get it over with. I know, better safe than sorry. It just freaks me out if I think about it being anything else. I’m the forever worrier. Send some of your 70/80 degrees this way!
Old 11-14-19, 09:09 AM  
CabCalloway

A nice elliptical/lifting session on a brisk morning totally warned me up. Between the workout and the hot shower afterwards, I could have walked outside in just a t-shirt and not noticed...
But of course I didn't.

Waves to all.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deepen your practice, just the workouts