Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-20, 05:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
I just took it as Portlandia new age talk.
You guys are cracking me up! I hate that find your own truth crap!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:44 PM  
lynnf

you''ll be happy to hear that Shannon's version of B3 talk is quite different in her studio class. It more or less goes like this: Barre 3 prepares you for life, it prevents you from injury. You don't want to get injured -- that sucks.

So check out Shannon for a different style of talk.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 05:36 PM  
lynnf

there's a new collection up with 4 new workouts, but 3 are 10 minutes, and only 1 is 30 minutes and it's the dreaded B3 interval workout. The title of the group is Building connections. But we do have 7 studio classes, so that's cool.
Old 05-01-20, 01:08 PM  
lynnf

Just reviving this thread to ask, what's up with these guys? I actually like what is going on, but once again they are not communicating and changing up what they told us they were going to do. They said they were stopping the new workouts every week and going to monthly "collections," which would have 4-7 new workouts. But now the latest collections seem to be compilations of older workouts with few new ones included and instead we are back to new weekly workouts.

And I haven't seen any of the "innovation lab" types of workouts (and believe me, I am more than happy about that). The weeklies have for some time just been "signature" barre 3 and the dreaded B3 "interval" style muscle conditioning (actually traditional superset weight training, in point of fact) haven't shown up for some time (thank goodness!) nor has the B3 cardio (low impact cardio, which gets quite boring IMHO, since barre 3 has a very limited repertoire of cardio moves, which can be hard to string out to fill 30 minutes and keep interesting).

So I'm fine with all this, but it's almost like they went back to square one, but with nicer graphics -- though they did prune out a lot of the older workouts. Still, they could have avoided a lot of Sturm und Drang -- pardon my German -- I mean, drama, if they were just going to go back to the same old arrangement and type of new content of the past.
Old 05-01-20, 02:58 PM  
prettyinpink

I don’t know what they are doing, but I’m not complaining. I have plenty still do do without doing any old ones yet, and I have been using the site quite a bit.

It does seem like they are back to just the weeklies, but when I look through the collections I see a couple more sprinkled it there, so I think the output is still more than one per week.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 10:26 PM  
momofcha

Very hear about this time I think about subscribing to their subscription. What have they been up to and what are the new workouts like? I always preferred the longer workouts- are those frequently released? Thanks

I think I have a subscription card for 6 months from a few years ago. I wonder if it would still work? They’ve always had good Black Friday deals

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 11:53 PM  
prettyinpink

My subscription ran out at the end of the summer, but I will be looking for a sale to sign up again.

They did have some more longer ones. There were a few that were like a live class with other participants, and some others, I don’t remember how many. The spring and summer were great with lots of new content, more than one a week. I will definitely subscribe again, but it was time for a break anyway, and I am really hoping for a deal. I don’t spend what they charge for full price on anything streaming, no matter how good it is.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:52 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I bit the bullet and signed up last Thanksgiving and I'm kicking myself for it. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I really don't like Barre3 workouts. I loved them when they first started and even when they changed the set a few years ago (they have removed almost all of those workouts from the new site, which is a shame because they were great).

Every few weeks I try a workout only to stop after 5 minutes of nonstop squats and side squats. The repetition of the same moves and the repeated phrases in every workout bore me to tears and wreak havoc on my hip flexors. I also feel like the instructors are trying too hard to have a certain vibe, but that's a whole other rant that I could go on.

I wish the workouts worked for me because it's a great concept

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:10 AM  
Luv2WO

Hi Sue,

I just signed up to Barre3 again. I decided I need more cardio and strength in my routine and I like how their workouts incorporate both. I have been super stressed this year and I was reading about how sweating and getting your heart rate up helps relieve stress and releases toxins. I have been doing Barre3 for the last week and I swear I feel better.

I also like how they incorporate mindfulness. I'm at a place where I want calm but energizing at the same time. I always end the workout feeling stronger but also peaceful.

They release a new workout every Monday and Wednesday. Most are 30 minutes but there are 45 and 60 minute workouts occasionally. They also have been uploading 60 minute livestreams from different studios. Here is a list of how many workouts they have.

30 minutes - 198
45 minutes - 34
60 minutes - 25

I agree with Linda that I LOVED the original Barre3 workouts but right now I need a change and this seems to be a good fit. Oh, and your 6 month subscription card should work but you may need to email them to activate it!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:25 AM  
Luv2WO

I forgot to mention I did a 30 minute workout with Andrew last week that used the core sliders for burpees and plank variations. My abs were sore for 3 days!! I work my abs and core all the time with Pilates and am never sore. This made me realize it is really good to mix it up.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming