Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-19, 12:05 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Yes, Jane, breakdance burpees??!! I am definitely scared...

AnMrsDe, glad you're feeling better.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 07:44 PM  
CharM

I'm back, thanks for asking! We went to South Lake Tahoe, (cold and windy, OMG! yes, we're cold weather wimps) I didn't want to announce that I'd be gone for up to a week so I stayed away from the thread.

I didn't know what to do this month, just boring, basic workouts, so I could have named it my OctoBORE Rotation but that sounds negative. Instead, since I've done a lot of Leslie, Jessica, and walking (about 9 miles/day in SLT), I'm calling it WALKtober. So nothing crazy this time, sorry if I disappointed some of you. haha And I just caught a glimpse of everyone's workouts this month, and some would definitely qualify as "scary" to me even if they're your normal.
I love the scary workouts idea, I'm in.

1. Leslie - 2 miles
2. KCM Strength & Stamina workout 1, no swings + 1 mile Leslie
3. Outdoor Walk - 2 miles
4. 30 minute outdoor walk
5. Jessica Smith Stride & Strength + 1 mile Leslie
6. Leslie - 3 miles
7. KCM Pump - extra lower body work + 1 mile Leslie
8 - 11 Walking and eating, sometimes at the same time. I know Leslie's workouts are not "real" walking, but it does prepare you to walk since at no point was I tired from all the walking. I was never out of breath, and my body didn't get tired even though I was carrying a small backpack that weighed a few pounds. Thanks, Leslie, and thanks body for letting me exercise.
12. Jessica Stride & Strength plus 1 Walk Blaster Walk
13. Leslie Burn Body Fat 2 miles, plus 1.5 Walk Blasters
14. KCM Strength & Stamina - workout 2, no swings, 1 Walk Blaster
15. Jessica Hiit Walk - I followed Beth or Jessica, except for those side to side jumping jacks. I don't know what I did, but it wasn't pretty. I added on 1 Walk Blaster. Also a 2 mile outdoor walk.
16. KCM Strength & Stamina workout 2, no swings. I'd forgotten to mention that I don't do the forward/back lunges, because it messes with my back, so I usually do rear lunges w/15s. Today I did side lunges on the ZipTrainer w/15s, which really gets the glutes.
17. Jazzercise Burlesque. - I only got it because I wanted Jazzercise Ballet Body, but it was sold as a "lot" as part of the Dance Fitness Collection. I only paid $6 shipped for all three! Anyway, I thought I'd try this out first, even though I don't do dance workouts, because VFers said it was fun. They were right. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. It was easy to follow along for the most part, but there was a segment that I couldn't pick up if my life depended on it. I just kept on moving. And before doing it, I was afraid it wouldn't be enough to get my heart rate up, but it was. Doncha wish your girlfriend was a klutz like me? doncha wish your girlfriend was scraaawwny? doncha?
18. Firm Power Half Hour - I went on a "pink Firm" buying binge recently, buying seven after the initial 4 disc purchase. I've now done all but one, yay. Emily moves quick here, so I had to pause a few times to figure out what weight to use; 8s and 3s worked for me. Some of the cardio moves weren't easy for me to figure out. Ugh. But I guess it's good that it's forcing my brain to work. Added a 10 minute Walk Blaster. This has to be my most used dvd ever.
19. Jessica Smith 40 Minute Mega Burn - I kind of sped things up a bit, doing quick "out out in in", carioca, and skaters w/elbow pull. Although I got a little out of control with those pull ins and elbowed myself in the hip. haha!
20. Firm Get Chiseled - second time doing this, and I think it was a little more challenging, so I must have used heavier weights than last time but I'm sticking with them. Uh oh, time's running out and I haven't done a scary workout. Nor do I want to!
21. nothing, slept poorly, didn't want to exercise
22. Jessica Smith's 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts - a recent Goodwill find. I did 3 of the 4, because I haven't cared for her abs walks lately. I thought some of the music in the Power Pick Up was weird, and I didn't like that some of the same moves were used in the different workouts, but I guess there's only so much you can do before it's no longer a "walking" workout. I still liked it, though, and I'm glad I bought it.
23. Jari Weights & Abs - warmed up with Cathe, then did Jari. I'd forgotten which weights to use, so I grabbed 10s (too light), moved to 15s for back/legs, 10s for chest (too light), 10s for biceps (too light), 3s for shoulders (just right), repeated the squat/deadlift track with 15s, ff to abs and cool down. I just checked the last time I did this on JTW (7-29) and yes, I did use heavier weights, so I'm going to take notes and place it in the case. Leslie 1 mile - the AHA walk
24. nothing. I had left leg hamstring pain, and foot pain on inner right foot, which only hurt when I moved it a certain way. No swelling, redness, or anything unusual looking.
25. Jari Love Weights & Abs - mild foot pain, but I don't want to make it worse by squatting or lunging, so I did upper body and abs. Tomorrow, I'm going to cobble together some floor work that's done on all fours.
26. Jessica Smith Dance Walk - My foot felt normal, but I didn't want to do too much. might add more later ... nope. that was it
27. Jessica Smith Total Body Training - this was just ok, but what surprised me was the Belly Blast walk from her 15 Minute FFB dvd. I avoided it the other day because I haven't enjoyed her abs walks lately, but I really liked this one. uh oh, time's running out for a scary workout. I may have to start November with it, we'll see.
28. Leslie Walk off Fat Fast- the 30 minute walk; plus 3 songs from Party off the Pounds.
29. SCARY WORKOUT - Dream Body Tabata & Toning. oh my god, it moves scary fast! I had to pause a few times to figure out what we're doing. It's so annoying when that happens. I don't know why I thought there was a rest period, but there wasn't. It wasn't until we got to abs that I felt relief. It's not that the abs were easy, but at least it didn't move crazy fast. I look forward to doing this again in about a year. haha night-time edit: my everywhere is soooooooooooooo sore! Upon further reflection, I like the exercises, but I don't like the fast pace. I'll try to remember to play it in slow speed as some VFers have mentioned.
30. Jessica Smith - 3 weight loss walks dvd - 30 minute Fat Blaster and 15 minute Calorie Burst. I thought I'd keep it light since my knee hurts a little, which probably has nothing to do with the fast paced workout I did yesterday, right? I'm going to give DB the benefit of the doubt, because it's possible my knee pain came from walking a few miles with ill-fitting shoes (actually, I blame the thin socks, those shoes are normally fine with thicker ones).
31. SCARY WORKOUT - - I'm not proud, but I actually thought, "w.t.f?" during my workout. And not just the letters, the actual words. Other thoughts: "This woman's crazy." "I don't even have wrist issues, but I think I will after this." "Stop shaking!!" "I don't think so." Then I saw that I was not even halfway and I wanted to cry. So to those of you who can easily do Leah Sarago's Ballet Body Upper, I salute you. I don't know if there's a method to her madness, but next time I'm considering doing the weight work first. ha! Like there's going to be a next time. If I had to do this or DB again, I'd choose DB. It was fast, but at least I wasn't shaking and wanting to take a break.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 12:15 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

CharM, glad to see you are back, hope you had a fun time! I understand about not wanting to announce on Internet... A friend of mine used to write everything on FB, where she was, where she was going, etc. I told her to stop doing that, very dangerous imo, specially FB (photos, and most people have real names, phones, etc.). You made me laugh with OctoBore, but I agree Walktober is better

AnMrsDe, glad you are feeling better!

Jane, I love Mixxtreme, it is a great set. Breakdance burped sounds cool, but I am relieved you didn't do them in your Tonique wo!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 01:36 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

Jane, I love Mixxtreme, it is a great set. Breakdance burped sounds cool, but I am relieved you didn't do them in your Tonique wo!
Sugar That’s funny you said that. I’ve been thinking about Mixxtreme all weekend. I know I only did one Mixxtreme workout (not even the whole thing either) but I really enjoyed it. I actually wanted to do another this morning but it fits in a little better on Tuesday so I’ll do it tomorrow. I know it got mixed reviews but I like that the music is so low so I can just play my own! The white set is bad but I like the moves and the pacing is tough without being out of control. Here’s a spoiler - Tonique has a lot of breakdance kick throughs! Usually it’s more like a downdog leg raise into a kick through. And I couldn’t agree with you more about how much info people post on Facebook! I especially cringe when people post stuff about their kids. I have a not close cousin that posts things about her young teen that just should be private. It’s bad enough posting TMI about yourself but the poor kid.

Char I hope you had a nice trip! I have a coworker from Tahoe and every year he shows me the snow pictures. Looks beautiful but that’s for hearty people! You’ll have to do better with next month’s theme I’m not usually that clever!

Happy Monday Ladies!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 03:55 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
A friend of mine used to write everything on FB, where she was, where she was going, etc. I told her to stop doing that, very dangerous imo, specially FB (photos, and most people have real names, phones, etc.). You made me laugh with OctoBore, but I agree Walktober is better
Oh yeah, people share too much nowadays! I don't do FB or Twitter, but I did join NextDoor and sometimes people ask for recommendations for dog or house sitters for specific dates they'll be on vacation. I always advise them to delete the post and ask again without specific dates; that info can be shared once they're ready to hire someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
You’ll have to do better with next month’s theme I’m not usually that clever!
LOL! Ok, no pressure. I'm sure I'll think of something.
We once went to Tahoe early November and it snowed on us! Not a lot, but enough to make everything look pretty. And we've yet to see a bear. We found out that a hotel guest staying on a different side took a picture of a bear that was hanging around early morning. I believe it was from her window, I don't think she was stupid enough to try to take a selfie with it.

You two are making me want to do a Mixxtreme workout, maybe Saturday since they're long and I don't want to wake up early.
Old 10-15-19, 06:31 AM  
Cher

Char, glad to see you back. I got a kick out of OctoBORE! WALKtober does sound more positive!

AnMrsDe, hope you’re feeling better now.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 07:23 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, glad to see you back. I got a kick out of OctoBORE! WALKtober does sound more positive!

AnMrsDe, hope you’re feeling better now.
Thanks, Cher!
I hope AMD is feeling better, too. I see she hasn't updated in a couple of days.
Old 10-15-19, 10:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, uh oh... about the spoiler! Let's see how I like them, when I finally give them a try, it will take a while though. Yes, some people really does post TMI, I don't remember the last time I logged in on FB. I hope you will enjoy more the third workout from the Mixxtreme set.

CharM, you did well to ask her to edit her announce, with so many things going on in these days, I don't know how people aren't more careful with what they share online.

Cher, wow it is getting cold over there, I am not in a hurry for the cold and snow time, brrrr.

T2B, you are almost done with your rotation, wtg!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 07:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Is anyone here joining the gift exchange? I jumped in again.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-19, 10:03 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, all, for the well wishes! I am feeling better, but it has been crazy busy with the parents lately plus my obligations.

CharM, glad to see you back! LOL about OctoBORE....and I am right there with you! My first half of the month I was doing some BORING (to me, anyway) workouts but they were what I obviously needed since I wasn't quite feeling up to par. I'm glad I have workouts in my collection to pull out in these times. Doing Cathe workouts this week has, hopefully, lit a fire under my idea of "fun" workouts! Today's workout was sure a fun one to me....

Pat, I'm going to pass on the Gift Exchange...there's just too much going on here right now with doing things for my parents and it will be one less thing to worry about! I do think it's a great idea and so fun to read what everyone received! Hope you get lots of goodies!

COLD here!!!! At least it hasn't snowed here yet. Last October, we had snow flurries one day! This is way too soon for all this cold business!!! Waves to all~~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts, pretzel