Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-19, 07:20 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Buti Bands DVD, anyone have this?

https://butiyoga.com/collections/dvd...LY6XStd1O3xXnQ

This popped up on my Facebook feed and looks so interesting to me. 20 minute workouts. I've never done Buti but this one looks appealing.

Has anyone tried it and if so, how is it? TIA!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 08:38 AM  
Taiga

No personal experience to offer but here's a tiny review and extra clip.
Old 07-08-19, 08:54 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Thanks so much!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 10:33 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Denise!

I have this set. There are definitely a lot of pros: the music is fun, the use of the bands is fun, Bizzie combines exercises that use the band in the same position (like above the knees) for a given set so that there is no cumbersome readjusting the band for every exercise. Like the review Taiga mentioned, there are about 4-5 exercises strung together which are sequenced nicely. I like that Bizzie moves fast and there is no down time between exercises in the 4-5 exercise sequence. I do get a sweat going doing one of these workouts and like I mentioned there is a definite fun factor.

There are some cons though: The workouts are 16 minutes each and there are four ONE MINUTE breaks so the content is more like 12 minutes for each workout. I really don't like the one minute breaks (I just speed through them), and in my opinion 3-4 minutes of work does not warrant a one minute break. There is a lot of variety BUT there aren't too many reps. Keep in mind I am used to being repped to death with barre/Barlates/Dream Body style workouts, so to me these aren't huge burners, more like light-medium intensity cardio/tone, but YMMV.

I would probably use them more but losing the flow of the workout due to the long breaks (and having to speed through them) is fussy, however I will say these are great for travel. I don't recall if there is repeat footage between workouts (I'm inclined to think there is), so someone else may be able to weigh in on that.

I'm still happy to have them, especially as exercise videos are dwindling so I've become less choosy on what I pick up, but there are other loop workout choices (Barlates comes to mind) depending on what your goals are - the Barlates workouts are way harder but Buti is more fun and has better music. Also, as my muscle endurance has increased and I need more of a challenge, I just add the loop to a lot of workouts that don't use them, like a lot of my Pure Barre workouts, which I mention because my desire to have loop-specific workouts has reduced some.

HTH!
Old 07-08-19, 01:42 PM  
jackie7

Thanks for the details. I had the dvd and bands in my cart, put in the 20% off code and the read your review. Too much to pay for so little content. Thanks again.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 06:59 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Thanks for the details. I had the dvd and bands in my cart, put in the 20% off code and the read your review. Too much to pay for so little content. Thanks again.
Can you tell us the code or is it specific to each person?
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 08:46 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Can you tell us the code or is it specific to each person?
It's a general sale and you don't need a code. The 20% off is deducted at checkout. My cart shows price of $28.80 for dvd/download package (plus shipping) after discount.

ETA: I see----I just tried the package with the bands and it came up regular price. So maybe you do need a code for the band included version. I put in code ABUNDANCE2018 and it did give 10% off (so $36.00 plus shipping).
Old 07-09-19, 09:20 AM  
jackie7

I used Buti20 and the order was Buti Bands DVD + Bands(special offer) 29.99.
Shipping was 4.99 and my total came to 28.99.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 10:50 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
I used Buti20 and the order was Buti Bands DVD + Bands(special offer) 29.99.
Shipping was 4.99 and my total came to 28.99.
You got a deal Jackie as I am only seeing DVD and Bands for a price of $39.99. and my total comes to $36.99. Are you sure you got the bands as the $29.99 price I see was only the DVDS no band.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 11:20 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
You got a deal Jackie as I am only seeing DVD and Bands for a price of $39.99. and my total comes to $36.99. Are you sure you got the bands as the $29.99 price I see was only the DVDS no band.
IIRC I got the set-plus bands-when it first came out for the $29.99 price. She tends to discount DVDs when they first come out and the price goes up after that.

She may have also been running a July 4 sale.

Tags
buti, buti bands