Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-19, 02:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness, you three, that is SO GENEROUS!! Leave it to VFers, always so kind! I never even thought about that! I'm mostly looking for older Cathe workouts I used to have and got rid of during several major relocations in the last ten years, but there are probably other workouts too. I have to run out for the rest of the day but will put a list together this weekend.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-19, 07:09 PM  
TinaT

I am not even tempted by this. I have Tracie's Longevity and Focus Series and that's enough for me. As far as streaming goes... I'm finding all I need for now on Youtube for FREE.

I am determined to not spend like I used to on workouts. So far, I'm doing well this year.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 07:09 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I thought about the first Grand Total again but will pass. The second and third don't speak to me at all. If I miss out and decide I really want it, Mary still has it. But it hasn't happened yet and it's been out a while now.

It does seem the end of an era. I am another one who has pretty much stopped buying DVDs and just use what I already have. I will search for anything new on You Tube. Last year was the lowest buy year I have had in many years and this year will probably be less yet.

I happened to google Tracie Long Fitness to look at the DVDs and it came up that her studio is permanently closed too. That's unfortunate.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 08:54 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
I happened to google Tracie Long Fitness to look at the DVDs and it came up that her studio is permanently closed too. That's unfortunate.
Wow! I wonder how she’ll stream. Unless she has a space st home.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 09:12 AM  
Lannette

I think that may be her old gym. This one still seems to be open. http://www.longtrainingstudios.com/

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-24-19, 12:29 PM  
Fitstick

Maybe I shouldn’t say this, but it seems unfortunate to me that her biggest fans would have purchased her newest workouts during the presale and now she is offering them at half off. I bought them recently almost at full price through Mary. I guess I bought them more so because I wanted something new on DVD but the fun factor seems to be missing in the one I recently tried. I’m not sure why, but with Cathe she seems to make the workouts seem more fun or motivating. Tracie is hit or miss with me.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 04:31 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I think that may be her old gym. This one still seems to be open. http://www.longtrainingstudios.com/
Yes, I am sure you are right. My bad! Thanks for the clarification!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 06:37 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Maybe I shouldn’t say this, but it seems unfortunate to me that her biggest fans would have purchased her newest workouts during the presale and now she is offering them at half off. I bought them recently almost at full price through Mary. I guess I bought them more so because I wanted something new on DVD but the fun factor seems to be missing in the one I recently tried. I’m not sure why, but with Cathe she seems to make the workouts seem more fun or motivating. Tracie is hit or miss with me.
I did wonder about this Fitstick. I bought her last release presale but waited on these as the length isn’t ideal for my purposes.

Old 03-25-19, 06:48 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I agree. I have all the grand total body workouts and #3 was not fun for me. I actually ranked them 2, 1,3 in my choice of preference. I won't be doing streaming as I am like others, I need to really use it or it sits and I feel guilty.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 08:35 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I just got an email from her that all current DVDs are being liquidated at 50% off and she’s working on streaming. I’m guessing the most recent grand total dvds are the last!
Thank you for the heads up and the code! All my Tracie emails go to an account I rarely check anymore. I haven't kept up with her workouts much since TLP/TLT but she has always been one of my fave instructors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Everyone is moving to streaming. It's the end of an era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Not for me. I'm hoarding my DVDs now and have regrets about getting rid of the ones I did some years ago. I too cannot afford multiple streaming subscriptions!
Being on a tight budget and prone to workout moodiness, I'm also not a fan of streaming sites but a surprising number of people don't even have a way to play DVDs anymore. More selection for me at the thrift store!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long, tracie long streaming