Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-19, 10:02 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I also wanted to add that in one of the videos Leah said she has to add on weights to see a difference in her physique. I thought that was very interesting because BB is mostly bodyweight, right? I wore a heart rate monitor a few times when I started Iron Barre, and it ran around 380 for calories burned during a 30ish minute workout. It's more than I would have thought.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 02:04 PM  
Lannette

Tentatively posting here. I think I need put a “just in case apology” tag line at the bottom of each post!

Thanks for the info Beth. I told a friend that I think Leah’s UB DVD is one of, if not THE toughest UB wos I’ve done. The Iron Barre wos sound great! I sure wish they were available in a downloadable package or DVDs. It sounds like there are a lot of ways to use them.

Very interesting about Leah needing to add weights. She looked pretty darn phenomenal in BB. I wonder if she was cycling heavy weights into her routines even back then?

Checking this once and checking this twice to change anything naughty back to nice....

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 04:34 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I also wanted to add that in one of the videos Leah said she has to add on weights to see a difference in her physique. I thought that was very interesting because BB is mostly bodyweight, right? I wore a heart rate monitor a few times when I started Iron Barre, and it ran around 380 for calories burned during a 30ish minute workout. It's more than I would have thought.

~Beth
Leah put a new video with modifications to chatarunga and side plank/star on Facebook and the first thing that I noticed was that her arms are looking a lot more muscular (bulky, one might say ) than ever before. I think Leah has a lovely body either way, but I prefer the less muscular look she had during the Ballet Body days (and is a look I aspire to).

Do you think that you could do the Iron Barre workouts with lighter weights than she uses? Because Iron Barre is about using heavier weights, right?

What you said about the beginner IB workouts being easier really appealled to me, because I've lost a lot of strength in the past several years (does menopause do that?). I used to be able to do the Ballet Body Upper DVD, but now it seems almost impossible. The upper body downloads are pretty hard for me. Yesterday I pulled out her prenatal DVD workout and did the upper body mat segment and that was more doable. I may focus on that for a while along with her upper body Basics downloads.

From the previews Iron Barre workouts look very, very hard! So I may sign up for a trial to check out the beginner rotation.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 08:42 AM  
sanchiababy

Leah Sarago Periodization Training 1 and 2 downloads

Are Leah's Periodization Training systems still available as downloads? I'm having trouble finding them. I truly hope she didn't make them only available for streaming. Not a streaming fan. But downloads I'm omay with. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
sanchiababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 09:02 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchiababy View Post
Are Leah's Periodization Training systems still available as downloads? I'm having trouble finding them. I truly hope she didn't make them only available for streaming. Not a streaming fan. But downloads I'm omay with. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
I emailed her about the fact that her “store” is off line but never heard back. I believe that the BB Periodization plans aren’t available - at least for now. I noticed that her DVDS are available for download on her streaming site and the prices are quite good. I’m not sure if you need to be a streaming customer to actually purchase them. I would love to purchase a download bundle of the wos that Beth is doing.

Hotncmom - Thanks for mentioning that modifications video as well as the prenatal dvd. I own the prenatal dvd but was unsure of how to use it. It looks to me as if Leah is a bit less lean than she was when doing BB. I also believe she had two babies very closely together and, while I’m way past child bearing, I can attest that it takes a long time to get back into any kind of a lean state after two babies back to back. As you said, she looks wonderful.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 03-31-19, 12:33 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Leah put a new video with modifications to chatarunga and side plank/star on Facebook and the first thing that I noticed was that her arms are looking a lot more muscular (bulky, one might say ) than ever before. I think Leah has a lovely body either way, but I prefer the less muscular look she had during the Ballet Body days (and is a look I aspire to).

Do you think that you could do the Iron Barre workouts with lighter weights than she uses? Because Iron Barre is about using heavier weights, right?

What you said about the beginner IB workouts being easier really appealled to me, because I've lost a lot of strength in the past several years (does menopause do that?). I used to be able to do the Ballet Body Upper DVD, but now it seems almost impossible. The upper body downloads are pretty hard for me. Yesterday I pulled out her prenatal DVD workout and did the upper body mat segment and that was more doable. I may focus on that for a while along with her upper body Basics downloads.

From the previews Iron Barre workouts look very, very hard! So I may sign up for a trial to check out the beginner rotation.
I use lighter weights than she does because many of the exercises are compound. My endurance has indeed changed over the years. I typically don't do HiiT much anymore, and it's more difficult for me to complete more than two sets of anything. Leah has probably gone through some hormonal changes like many of us. She could have been using some additional weights all along, or she may now have increased body fat percentage.

I'm not very muscular so adding moderate to heavy weights tends to lean me out quicker. On an interesting note, I did barre3 for some time, and thought it was starting to make my quads a little too muscular for my frame. It was probably all the carousel horses! Lol

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 02:09 PM  
prettyinpink

I am a happy Iron Barre subscription customer. I am not currently following any of the rotations. Usually I am doing one heavier IB upper body and two lower body focused per week, or one total body and two LB (or one LB, one core). I do sometimes do the multiple sets she recommends, but other times I finish with a Ballet Body segment for the same target area or maybe a Pilates segment.

She has a fantastic variety on there now and I don’t get tired of the workouts.
I have always had some of my best results using the Ballet Body perodization, but I think adding weights for lower body is even better.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 07:58 PM  
sanchiababy

Lannette, thanks for the response. I have her dvds already. I was just hoping to get the Periodization System downloads in addition. I hope she makes them available for download again soon.
sanchiababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 06:04 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchiababy View Post
Lannette, thanks for the response. I have her dvds already. I was just hoping to get the Periodization System downloads in addition. I hope she makes them available for download again soon.
I guess we all need to keep our fingers crossed for future downloads. Are you doing the DVD Rotation or have you ever?

I’m due to begin Phase 3 and not at all sure I’m ready for it. I’d love to hear from someone who has done it.

Old 04-05-19, 07:44 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I noticed that her DVDS are available for download on her streaming site and the prices are quite good. I’m not sure if you need to be a streaming customer to actually purchase them.
I'm not a streaming customer of IB but was able to download one of the DVDs last week. Worked beautifully, and of course, the resolution now is so much better than the old BB's were.

Tags
ballet body, iron barre, leah sarago