Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-19, 02:13 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

questions for ttapp experts

new to t-tapp - have worked through the starter pack. I hope some of the t-tapp experts out there can help me out.

1. Tracy Anderson is my main workout. I've been adding Basic-Plus prior to TA a few times a week as prior to other workouts seemed consistent with Teresa's instruction. However, I find T-tapp something of a stretch and think it might be better after TA - any thoughts?

2. I'd like to get one of the variety workouts but I didn't find reviews of these newer ones - the ones that look best to me are:
a. Ladybug
b. Lower Body 3
c. Brain body fitness floor
d. Healthy hormones menopause management

- any advice? I would prefer a couple of shorter (20-30 minute range) workouts to one long one.

thanks in advance! Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 02:48 PM  
Demeris

I'm NOT an expert, but I would always do Basic+ first. Teresa warms up the spine and works through the body muscles systematically. She prepares the body for any other work.

I haven't done Ladybug in a while, but it's two workouts in one, or one very challenging workout: standing, then floor. I believe she devised this to help those of us who, during menopause, get a little thick in the middle.

I'm not familiar with Lowerbody 3

There are two Brain Body Fitness dvds, and I can't keep their titles straight. One DVD has three workouts, each somewhere between 20 & 30 mins. All three of them work the whole body, and I find they really work my inner thighs. The other DVD is a single, very long workout that I have done only once, when it first came out, three years ago. I don't remember much other than it was very long.

Healthy Hormones is one of my favorites. It clocks in at right under thirty minutes, and it's a very effective take on Basic Plus. She really activates every single muscle, and she's got some maneuvers with a towel that up the ante on several exercises.

i realize I'm a bit vague in my descriptions. I apologize. T-Tapp is unlike other workouts, and Teresa did such interesting new moves on all the dvds you've mentioned (although, again, I don't know lowerbody 3)
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 02:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks for taking the time to reply - I'll keep using ttapp before tracy!
Old 01-21-19, 05:11 PM  
Lannette

I personally like Brain Body Fitness Floor.
There are three WOs. The first is 32 minutes long but can easily be ended right at 30 minutes. The second and third are right around 20 minutes long. Each WO is a bit more demanding than the one before it.

I like them because they allow your body to assimilate T-Tapp form with the floor for support. That’s actually huge.

If you still want a T-Tapp Warm Up you could experiment with doing T-Tapp Primary Back Stretch followed by T-Tapp Twist. I used to use this Warm Up when I used to run distance and it worked really well.

Doing the abbreviated Warm Up before and the Floor after would put you in alignment both before and after. BBFF would help you connect with form for any longer T-Tapp moves you might do.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 05:24 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks Lannette - using the beginning of basic is a good idea.
Old 01-21-19, 05:47 PM  
Lannette

Terri,

When I chose BBFF I was thinking in terms of off setting some of the stress and strain inherent in TA Method WOs. Years ago I completed Omni and still remember how it impacted my body.

That said, I’m not sure that was what you were looking for. I’m familiar with everything you listed but not sure what your goal is. So sorry for assuming.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 01-21-19, 06:32 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Lannette - I just got a starter pack from TTapp and am looking for something to mix/blend with TA so your thinking is pretty right on. TTapp claims for the workouts I listed include helping menopause, inflammation, and hormone balancing which would all be great for me. BFF looked good b/c it includes multiple workouts, all short enough to add to TA.
Old 01-22-19, 06:20 AM  
Lannette

Sorry for all the questions. Did you get the BWO+ starter or the Total WO Starter?

If you got the Total WO Starter it should be chaptered and I could share some ways you can appropriately split it.

I still personally like the idea of BBFF & it will definitely help with inflammation, but am trying to give you more options depending on what you currently own.

Old 01-22-19, 12:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Hi Lannette - do not apologize for asking questions, i really appreciate your help!

I got Total WO starter which included: Instructional Workout #1;15-Minute Basic Workout Plus; Instructional Workout #2; 55-Minute Total Workout; Barefoot Basic Workout; Basic Plus Tempo Workout DVD; Total Workout Super Slow DVD; Healthy Hormones Brain Body Fitness Documentary; Yes You Can Seminar DVD

so it's quite a bit of content but some are longer than I'm likely to use. Any advice on how to use shorter segments would be appreciated! I'm dealing with chronic migraine and other inflammation issues so BBFF does look good.

Terrie
Old 01-23-19, 01:44 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

What are the T-Tapp walking workouts like? The "Step Away" and the "Power Posture" workouts compared to Leslie Sansone or Jessica Smith?.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t-tapp, teresa tapp