Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-18, 12:54 PM  
Ann1964

So the jump rope is the only thing different with the complete set?I don't need it.[

QUOTE=zraipel;2791875]I was just looking up this set on Amazon to post a link on another thread here and couldn't help but share with the rest of VF

The complete kit, including the bonus workouts and ropeless jump rope is $19.99 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Comple...70_&dpSrc=srch

And the basic kit is only $14.99: https://www.amazon.com/JNL-Fusion-Ba...L+Fusion&psc=1

Extra bonus... both sets look like they include a tape measure [/QUOTE]
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 01:01 PM  
pharma_gal

Are there extra workouts in the bonus kit?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 05:31 PM  
ardnas

Thanks for sharing, bought the complete kit!
Old 10-02-18, 05:51 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

There are three bonus workouts, two abs and Total Body Transformer. I bought this two weeks ago for $23 so I didn't "overpay" too much. I'm planning on a UY and JNL Fusion rotation.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 06:02 AM  
Rhonda

I broke down and bought the complete set.

I was looking for reviews just to read them again. I came across where she met with beachbody and something was in the works but I guess that all fell through because I never did see anything with her and beachbody.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 01:20 PM  
GeekyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
There are three bonus workouts, two abs and Total Body Transformer. I bought this two weeks ago for $23 so I didn't "overpay" too much. I'm planning on a UY and JNL Fusion rotation.
Ok I'm intrigued with your rotation idea. How are you going to put the two together?
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 03:42 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
Ok I'm intrigued with your rotation idea. How are you going to put the two together?
It's nothing fancy. I'm just planning on the UY workout for the day and follow it with the JNL workout for the day. So just doing each rotation as written but paired together. This fixes the lack of warmup on JNL because I'll already be warmed up from yoga. I don't work anymore so most days an hour and a half of working out is doable. I'm not really into the meditation aspect so I'll cut that out. I'm a little afraid that JNL may undo the good that UY does so we'll see. I may do my own warmup and do JNL first, I really want to use it more as a finisher than be the focus. I want to put my main focus into UY. I'm only planning on the eight week rotation with JNL so I'm not sure what I'll do as I finish out the full 108 days of UY. I'm considering Rushfit or Skogg but I'll get through the 8 weeks first.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 07:26 PM  
dianestjohn

I received my order today and was excited to do the first workout- shoulder shredder. JNL didn’t bother me at all and I loved the 30-second format which is unique. I disliked that so much of the cardio was horizontal cardio which I find a gazillion times harder than upright cardio - I am hoping that’s not the case with most of the workouts. I got the deluxe kit with the fake jump rope and thought it was fun. One thing I noted in passing was her frequent references to “Scotty Hotty” and the other guy which in this Me Too era seems a little inappropriate (Jillian often comments on the hot tight backsides of women in her workouts and it likewise is a little icky to me.) It’s not the same thing as an instructor admiring how strong a class member is, it’s more like commenting on how hot and sexy they look. Didn’t used to notice but recent world events have made me think twice about comments like this - I feel like it’s not appropriate coming from either men or women. Not wanting to start a controversy but I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. It makes me glad for instructors like Travis who might have spoiled Ultimate Yogi by commenting how hot Lauren was and instead kept it totally professional. But anyhow, I really feel like I got a bargain with this set and am excited to try all the workouts and I appreciate the tip!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 10:22 PM  
Scorpio6

I totally agree in regards to inappropriate comments on class members' physiques, whether coming from a man or a woman, about same gender or opposite gender class members. I think we ought to just leave all that alone and be totally professional, totally fitness oriented, businesslike and gender neutral with our speech. Less problems that way.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 07:01 AM  
Sollamyn

I agree, also. Whether it's men or women, the focus should be on how they are doing the workouts (their form, technique, etc.) or, perhaps, admiring how strong or fit they are.

JMHO,
Donna

Tags
cordless jump rope, jnl, jnl fusion